Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2020, 02:41 PM   #1

New Privacy Curtains for our Georgetown

Our 2002 Georgetown 325 has some ratty front privacy curtains. Does anyone know where we can order new ones?
John from TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 07:43 AM   #2
FR3 Division

I doubt the factory has matching fabric going back that far, but you can try the Forest River Parts Department 574-206-7600 and they can possibly give you some direction. Have your VIN number handy when you call...
Michael Hums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 04:31 PM   #3

Mine are the same way and I have done some on line searching but haven't found much. Gary manufacturing will make some. I called with the dimensions for my 2003 which should be the same as yours and they wanted 650.00. I think that is way too much. I am going to try something local.
Wilson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 06:22 AM   #4

anybody try to dye that fabric
Old 05-15-2020, 08:55 AM   #5

Dyeing the curtains have crossed our mind. We are trying to dry clean them first to see how they come out. One big issue with getting them made locally by some one is finding the tape that goes along the top of the curtain to attach to your hangers on the track. The local people that make curtains won’t have a clue about RV curtain tape. There are a bunch of different types of hangers, hence different tapes. I did find a company that has both the hanger and track hardware, along with the tape you need to make new curtains. Curtain-Tracks.com based out of Texas. Very helpful. By the way, tapes have changed over the years and the new tape might not look like the one you have, but it will work. Curtain Tracks can walk you thru it. I hope this helps someone.
Wilson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 05:57 PM   #6

I think I am gonna try dye will let you know I will take before and after
Old 05-17-2020, 11:47 AM   #7

I replaced my curtains with blinds that I got from Walmart: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Home-Impressions-48x72-Rollup-Crdls-Blind-603493/967692104
I got four of these. The side ones are just the right size, and the front two overlap in the middle by a couple of inches. They are not completely opaque, but work fine. I like these way better than the curtains. They come with hold down cords that I installed to secure the blinds when they are up, and we are traveling. Otherwise the vibration tends to make them unwind over the roller.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Georgetown 2020 (4).jpg
Views:	88
Size:	339.5 KB
ID:	229258   Click image for larger version

Name:	Georgetown 2020 (14).jpg
Views:	84
Size:	341.7 KB
ID:	229259  
leomosley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags