Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2015, 09:36 AM   #1

New to the RVing

We are looking at the 2016 Georgetown XL 377TS. We have a Rockwood Travel Trailer by Forest River and love it. Are you happy with the general quality of the Georgetown XL RV? Anyone have comments about the Furion appliances? We are not familiar with this brand TV/Microwave.
lkaminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 10:29 AM   #2

Hi and welcome to the best Forest River forum around.
Please update your information so we know where you are located because you will find more friends in your local area that can help.

If you really get a 2016 make sure the Ford F-53 chassis has the 6 speed transmission. This is a new upgrade from the 5 speed we all have. Being you are consider a 2016 the MSRP the dealer shows may be solid but consider 10-20 percent less is a good deal. So say its $149,000 you should be able to get them down to around $125,000 and they still make lots of money. If they don't want to haggle leave and they will call you back for sure. You want to be in control and not the sales department. If you buy a 2015 model you really can get them down more as they want to sell the older model. This is what I did and got mine for $110,000 which included tax and license and the MSPR was $153,000.
Also get the XL model with many upgrades and not the standard model.

No matter what you buy without a good dealer who is close and does have a good reputation with warranty work is most important. You will have issues in the first year but if you use the motorhome camping close by right after you buy you will be able to test all systems. Start writing up a list of things that are wrong and drop it back at the dealer to get fixed immediately.
The Furion product line is just like any other brand. I have a 50" Furion LED TV (raffle win) as well as a Furion Convection/Microwave oven that Forest River replaced in Goshen Indiana at the Rally for free. Both have been working fine.

Being you have a trailer you know a good inspection and PDI is important when you buy. Have a list of questions that you can ask your dealer when doing the inspection. Where is the winterizing drain valves, where is the hot water tank bypass valves located, how to I setup TV on roof antenna, campground cable as well as satellite.
Make sure the tires are at proper psi as it says on inside wall. Usually 90psi. When driving highway speed on a good road your rig should not be hard to steer at 65 mph and not wander. If it does get with Forest River within the first 30 days and ask for a front end alignment at your Ford dealer. (Commercial truck). Dealer may do this but I have not heard anyone who said they will. Usually FR gives approval to get it done and you pay then send them the invoice and they send you a check. This is the way I did it.

Then come back here and ask the million questions you will have so we can help you have fun.

Good luck and hope to see you back here.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:19 PM   #3
I Break Everything

We have 2015 351DS, with the Furion TVs, They work fine, A little slow when finding channels at new parks...but no big deal We have 5 in ours, two have dvds built in. They are light weight. We have the residential fridge. Works fine, love all the space and the ice maker. Microwaves work fine as well. Check front end alignment soon, you'll probably hear that a lot. Ours was out of wack. Our first trip was from Texas the Niagra, Boston, then back. No problems whatsoever with the RV or appliances. We did trip a reset on the fridge even with a surge protector at one park. Reset no problem.

Enjoy, ask everything you can possibly think of. Remember your dealer is a dealer not a mechanic make them work for the sale if they don't know the answer.

mk

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:17 PM   #4

We went from a Forest river trailer to the 2014 377xl and I really think it was one of the best moves in the rving lifestyle. The ease of set up the room you have when driving and the ability to see so much more when driving down the road.

kdcamper

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
kdcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:40 PM   #5

We have a 2014 377XL. It doesn't have Furion appliances, so I can't comment on that. As for value and quality, we're very happy so far. We've been full timing in it for a year now. Iggy, as usual is right on with his advice, as are the other replies. This forum is a great place to get information from experienced Georgetown owners. Good luck on your decision.

2014 Georgetown 377XL
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4X4 Toad
FroggyRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:18 AM   #6
New:

I was in a very similar situation as you when I bought my 2015 328ts.
My travel trailer was a forest river Rockwood and decided to get a Class A.
Make sure they check to see if Forest River is giving you any Owner Loyalty aka. Forest River Bucks towards the purchase of a new Forest River.
Also, make sure you do a good walk thru of the RV. Point out anything you see wrong during your pre purchase walk thru. Do not accept delivery of the unit on the promise they will make it better after you take possession.
New: 2015 Forest River Georgetown 328TS
2016 Equinox Tow Vehicle
old: 2013 FR Rockwood 2318G w/ 2001 Ford F250 4X4 Diesel
compman69 is offline   Reply With Quote