Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #1

Newbie questions

Hi everyone...we just purchased a Georgetown 2008 373ds...we didn't get chance to go over everything with the owners unfortunately....so now have questions....
-does anyone know if the front drivers seat can be turned to be part of the living area...it will turn part way but the wheel stops it from coming right around..has anyone got theirs to turn in this unit?
-our backup camera works but no pic on it and the radio screen is green with no buttons working??? we think the owner may have boosted the battery incorrectly?? but not sure....any ideas would be helpful
-we drove home in rain and have had lots of it...there was a small amount of water in the basement comp by the rear wheels...there is not water in the coach so not leaking from inside...??
ok..that's it so far..we still haven't tried the water system yet.
Thanks for any info.....
lorrainechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #2

Someone should be along in a little while with an answer.

Tell then have you tried a multi step operation?

Ours requires a 3 step (I think it's only 3) procedure.

I'm not even sure of the order, I just do it.

1. move seat all the way back and rotate as far as possible
2. lean seat back all the way forward
3. move seat all the way foward and complete rotation

I think! I may have 1 and 3 reversed

hope this helps
ab&jb
Old 04-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #3

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum and offer congrats on your Georgetown 2008 373ds. Hopefully you'll get answers to your questions.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrainechris View Post
Hi everyone...we just purchased a Georgetown 2008 373ds...we didn't get chance to go over everything with the owners unfortunately....so now have questions....
-does anyone know if the front drivers seat can be turned to be part of the living area...it will turn part way but the wheel stops it from coming right around..has anyone got theirs to turn in this unit?
-our backup camera works but no pic on it and the radio screen is green with no buttons working??? we think the owner may have boosted the battery incorrectly?? but not sure....any ideas would be helpful
-we drove home in rain and have had lots of it...there was a small amount of water in the basement comp by the rear wheels...there is not water in the coach so not leaking from inside...??
ok..that's it so far..we still haven't tried the water system yet.
Thanks for any info.....
Yes the drivers seat can be turned but you have to figure it out as previously mentions. You do have to adjust the back of the seat as well as the left armrest up and down as well as moving the seat forward and back using the power.
It is like a geometry problem but it can be done.

How do you know the backup camera works if you have no picture?
Does the side cameras work?
Please add additional information.

You know you can unplug one of the side cameras and plug it into the backup camera plug behind the console to see if you get a picture. If you do you will have to check the power and video wires to the rear camera.

That's the best I can suggest for now.
Hope these document are your model and can help out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CM32AH_Manual.pdf (1.18 MB, 26 views)
File Type: pdf CM709M1_Manual.pdf (1.03 MB, 38 views)
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Congrats on your Georgetown purchase and to the Forums. As stated the seat will turn but it's a multi-step process. I know it involved dropping the seat down and leaning the back forward etc.
Question about the radio. Is there any sound coming out like static etc? The screen on the Magnadyne I have is green when off and the numbers are black. Our fuse blew on the way hoem the day we picked ours up. I know it's behind the radio. Just a possibility!
As for the water in the compartment, check the seal first, any of it missing. It may be the door needs to be adjusted in to draw the seal against the back of the door.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #6
Kanadian Kamper

This whole issue about being able to turn both the driver and passenger seat all the way around to face into the living area varies between models of Georgetowns and the model year. ALL GEORGETOWNS ARE NOT THE SAME.

In most cases the passenger seat will turn around completely without too much trouble..........MOST cases.

The driver's seat IS an issue and MORE times than not, it comes into contact with the steering wheel prohibiting it from turning further. In some models of Georgetowns, you might only be able turn it 90 degrees from pointing straight ahead, and that's it. In some cases, you can turn the seat around facing backwards, BUT the seat back will have to be ABSOLUTELY straight up and down because of the steering wheel. It all depends on exactly where the seat mounting post/bracket is positioned in relationship to the steering wheel. Some models, the steering wheel will seem far back from the seat because of where it's installed. Sometimes, people have even said they find the seat is NOT directly in line with the steering wheel.......a little out of line.

Forest River positions the seat post............not FORD.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:26 PM   #7

Welcome! You are going to find this forum a wealth of information.

I have a 2008 373 as well, and while we can get the driver's seat to turn all the way around, once you do, you can't lean the back of the seat back due to the steering wheel. The best compromise we have found is to turn the seat to face the passenger seat. It only is an issue when there's an overload crowd in the cabin and the couches and passenger seat are filled.

I hope you enjoy your 373 as much as we do ours!
rxfiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #8

thanks for all your points...we will have to try them when we get back home..unfortunately my Mom (Lorraine's) just suffered a severe stroke so we are in the hospital with her at the moment....very sad...she is an ex motorhomer....too bad she won't see the new one....will post results of your answers later...thanks again
Old 04-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #9

the monitor turns on...but screen is light but no pic..if that explains it....no side cameras just rear one....
Old 04-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #10
Kanadian Kamper

I think what you're describing is a similar problem I had with our camera monitor last year...........picture screen is lit, but no actual picture in your case.
In my case, there was a picture, but (like in the old days) it was extremely "washed out" as if the contrast control was turned way off to the left end of the adjustment dial.

Out unit was made my Voyager, and is no longer made.......model discontinued. That was back when they were actual monitor screens with picture tubes, but like everything else nowadays is a "flat screen" technology. For our remedy, we had to have the entire monitor unit replaced with todays "flat screen monitor"..........thankfully ours was covered under an extended warranty.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #11
Anacortesians

We have an '02 GT 325. First question, yes you should be able to turn the driver's seat to face the living area. It takes some dexterity. The problem lies with the seat arms and back, which interfere with the steering wheel.

Set the steering wheel as far up towards the dahsboard as it will go. Put the seat arms up, alongside the seat-back, then put the seat back upright, or even leaning forwards a bit.

Rotate the seat, and adjust seatback angle so it clears the steering wheel. Turn the seat base to where you want it, the re-set the seatback angle and armrests. Reverse the procedure to put it back in the driving position. I can get mine to turn completey 180 degrees from the driving position, but I have to re-teach myself how to do it every new season!

As far as the rear view TV system is concerned, we have the old monochrome system. Initially, all we got was a detailed view of the rear bumper. After taking the camera cover off, we noticed some molding flash that was pushing the camera down when the cover was installed. A few minutes with a Dremel fixed that. How the original owners had lived with that for 8 years, I can't imagine.

Since our rig is a lot older than yours, it has a completely different in-dash radio. We got it to work quite well, but we don't use it much.

Good luck with your new-to-you rig.