Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2023, 08:07 PM   #1

Newbie with a used 2007 Georgetown xl

I hope to learn a few things as I have a few questions about my new to me Georgetown XL. I was glad to see a fores found the bad wire searching around and I'm now checking things out at home more extensively. I'll take a .50 cent fix any day of the year. My questions: 1: The chasis/house disconnect switch in the footwell. When should I move it between the 2 positions for driving/ sitting at a campground or home and storage in the off season. I store it inside at home and keep it usable most all the time. 2: Should've been the first. Is there a good how to operate video out there for a forest river motorhome perferably 2007 models. If there isn't forest river should make these for people that don't buy at a dealership or don't get the entire how to info from a dealership. I'm mechanically inclined but I need a little help. Thanks in advance to any help I can be afforded.
Douglas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 08:34 PM   #2

The only problems I have experienced is from mice chewing on plumbing, and stink bugs crawling in a check valve
Douglas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 09:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas T View Post
1: The chasis/house disconnect switch in the footwell. When should I move it between the 2 positions for driving/ sitting at a campground or home and storage in the off season. I store it inside at home and keep it usable most all the time. 2: Should've been the first. Is there a good how to operate video out there for a forest river motorhome perferably 2007 models. If there isn't forest river should make these for people that don't buy at a dealership or don't get the entire how to info from a dealership. I'm mechanically inclined but I need a little help. Thanks in advance to any help I can be afforded.
The battery disconnect switch should be set to charge the batteries unless you are storing it without an electrical hookup. You do need to maintain the water level in the batteries, so check them occasionally.
2. You might check YouTube for reviews of your model. Manuals for most of the components of the rv are online at manufacturer's websites.
There are general videos and manuals online at the FR Owners link.
We're here to help if you get stuck.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 03-19-2023, 12:38 PM   #4

We are looking at the same year. Did you have it inspected? Any lessons learned? Did you look at the water heater? So many variables on buying an older unit. We are continuing to try to leverage a deal with owner to meet us halfway on the 12 year old tires.
Texas_RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 08:23 PM   #5
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_RV
We are looking at the same year. Did you have it inspected? Any lessons learned? Did you look at the water heater? So many variables on buying an older unit. We are continuing to try to leverage a deal with owner to meet us halfway on the 12 year old tires.
Does "Vicky Lynn" ring a bell? It appears that Georgetown was just posted for sale on the FB Group named "Georgetown RV Club":

Asking 25K (priced to sale-part of estate sale).

2007 Forest River Class A RV. Georgetown 350DS. 28K miles. Located in San Antonio, Texas

Good condition. Full inspection report from May 2022 avail. Roof newly sealed March 2023. AC cover replaced March 2023. Unit has been checked at RV shop. Tires have lots of tread but may need to be replaced soon.
Cabinets, Dinette, Double Kitchen Sink, Microwave, Refrigerator/freezer, Stove, Interior Lighting, Stereo System, TV, CD Player, Entertainment Center, Air Conditioning, Bed - Full/queen, Ceiling Vents, Heat, Toilet, Bunk Beds twin/full, Dinette Sleeper, Shower, Sink, Sofa Sleeper, Storage, Water Heater, 110 Lighting, 110 Outlets, Batteries, City Water Hook Up, Electric Panel, Generator, Hitch, Batteries - House, Power Jacks, Self Contained, Backup Monitor, Alum Wheels, Awning, Exterior Shower, Hand Rails, Leveling Jacks, Propane Tanks, Stabilizer Jacks, Automatic Steps, Exterior Storage, CO Detector, Smoke Detector, Ford Chassis, Fiberglass Construction, Automatic Transmission.

You may need to decide if you really want this one at that price.

Ray
Old 03-19-2023, 08:31 PM   #6

Yep that’s it we told them we weren’t interested could not produce inspection on 12 year old tires. NADA says its worth 22k for its current shape. We wished them luck. What FB pages should i be watching
For deals. Thanks for heads up.
Old 03-19-2023, 08:41 PM   #7
NXR

Quote:
What FB pages should i be watching
Sorry, can't help you there. I just happened to notice that one, remembered your posts here, and didn't want you to lose out if you were still interested.

Ray
Old 03-20-2023, 07:37 PM   #8
NXR

Quote:
Yep that’s it we told them we weren’t interested could not produce inspection on 12 year old tires. NADA says its worth 22k for its current shape. We wished them luck. What FB pages should i be watching
Current post pic attached.

Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tires.PNG
Views:	23
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	284971  
Old 03-28-2023, 09:40 PM   #9

Ray
Finally got access to that FB post. Saw your post on the tires. Aa well as others telling them to be safe. If anyone buys they need mobilehomestires to come out and replace at storage place before driving. Looks like they hit them with tire dressing. I just hope folks are safe if they buy it. My conscience is clear with you and others providing non biased knowledge. Stay safe!

Tags
georgetown, newbie, tow