Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #1

No propane flow

Maybe anybody else would have figured it out quickly, but it took me a couple of weeks. Perhaps my experience can help someone else.

I wasn't getting any propane flowing to the stove or furnaces when I started trying to slowly bring the RV back to life after the winter hibernation. I was ready to either replace the regulator or bring it in to the shop when I noticed the emergency shutoff valve just down from the regulator. Bit of research online made me realize that it reacts to the propane gas detector in the motorhome, and I remembered that I had turned it off when I winterized. Turned on the propane detector, listened to it beep for a minute, and the propane flow was restored.

Hallelujah! But now my wife says I should take her out for a nice dinner with the money I saved. I just can't win...

PaulK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulK View Post
Maybe anybody else would have figured it out quickly, but it took me a couple of weeks. Perhaps my experience can help someone else.

I wasn't getting any propane flowing to the stove or furnaces when I started trying to slowly bring the RV back to life after the winter hibernation. I was ready to either replace the regulator or bring it in to the shop when I noticed the emergency shutoff valve just down from the regulator. Bit of research online made me realize that it reacts to the propane gas detector in the motorhome, and I remembered that I had turned it off when I winterized. Turned on the propane detector, listened to it beep for a minute, and the propane flow was restored.

Hallelujah! But now my wife says I should take her out for a nice dinner with the money I saved. I just can't win...

Next time make a winterize checklist and tape it to the cabinet inside so in the spring you will remember what you did 6 months prior.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #3

Don't feel bad last summer I turned the propane on packed the freezer and refigerator and forgot to turn on the gas detector. I made jello out of all the frozen stuff and wilted and soured everything in the refrigerator. Didn't have to take my wife to dinner but had to make a grocery run solo.
RANGERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERBOB View Post
Don't feel bad last summer I turned the propane on packed the freezer and refigerator and forgot to turn on the gas detector. I made jello out of all the frozen stuff and wilted and soured everything in the refrigerator. Didn't have to take my wife to dinner but had to make a grocery run solo.
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger...Did the same thing the second time we started out for FL.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote