Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2021, 03:12 PM   #41
Another adventure awaits!

Thank you ... ... miss visiting our friends to the south of us ...
Old 05-09-2021, 03:14 PM   #42

Vaccinated does not mean you are 100% safe, especially from the 221 different variants that can currently be accounted for in Canada ...
Old 05-09-2021, 03:16 PM   #43

The border is closed because of the extremely high number of COVID cases in Canada. Canada is on the travel alert list; #4 on the list of countries not to travel to. We have more variant cases than any other country in the world. A small percentage of our population has been vaccinated, sadly. Won't go into the reason why. So yes our border is closed ... to protect Canadians and those who want to visit/travel through to places like Alaska. Trust me, we aren't happy with the state of things here either. I am not even allowed to travel outside my home province, actually not even the city I live in. We are in total lockdown; can only leave home for essential purposes only.
HESN22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 06:02 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDguy View Post
FYI: trip cancelled again this year. Will try again next year.
Sorry to hear that. I guess maybe in 2022 now?
Like you mentioned earlier post you have many places to go around where you are.
Are you heading to Goshen for the FROG Rally in August?
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 06:04 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by HESN22 View Post
The border is closed because of the extremely high number of COVID cases in Canada. Canada is on the travel alert list; #4 on the list of countries not to travel to. We have more variant cases than any other country in the world. A small percentage of our population has been vaccinated, sadly. Won't go into the reason why. So yes our border is closed ... to protect Canadians and those who want to visit/travel through to places like Alaska. Trust me, we aren't happy with the state of things here either. I am not even allowed to travel outside my home province, actually not even the city I live in. We are in total lockdown; can only leave home for essential purposes only.
Didn't know that. The news media doesn't want us to know that.
Take care and be safe.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 12:11 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Sorry to hear that. I guess maybe in 2022 now?
Like you mentioned earlier post you have many places to go around where you are.
Are you heading to Goshen for the FROG Rally in August?
No, we have nearby trips in Idaho, Utah, and Oregon.
Old 05-14-2021, 11:17 AM   #47
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
Decades ago there was a route from Seattle that didn't stop in Canada. Is that no longer true? (I actually took the return leg south from Juneau to Seattle.)
These days the Alaska Marine Highway system only connects to Bellingham, WA from mainland Alaska via Cordova. It no longer stops in Canada. It only stops in either Juneau or Whittier depending on the day. It's a 5 day trip minimum.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 02:44 PM   #48
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by HESN22 View Post
My goodness, just what is going on in Canada to be a situation like that?
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 11:43 AM   #49

Being on the border with Canada and having family that lives in Hamilton, Ontario, my DW and I try to keep up on the latest in the land border closing between the two countries. WNY media has tried to stay on top of this situation also. However, there isn't a lot of information being made available by either government.

I have been told by members of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection that they are preparing for the land and water crossings between countries to be closed until at least February 2022.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 01:33 PM   #50
NXR

Quote:
I have been told by members of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection that they are preparing for the land and water crossings between countries to be closed until at least February 2022.
I suppose that is a possibility but it does not explain why Canada closed access by cruise lines until February 2022 as well: https://www.afar.com/magazine/canada...-february-2022

Some Canadian friends have gotten the AstraZeneca vaccine, supplied by the USA as the doses the USA had were close to expiration. They are scheduled to get their second dose at three months, which is at the end of the AstraZeneca recommended interval of 8 to 12 weeks. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56893701

Ray