Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2022, 06:32 PM   #41

NXR,
I understand how the heat pimps are supposed to operate. That is not how mine are functioning. As I said, the furnace/ heat pump of our front unit is working fine. When the rear unit is activated the entire system goes wonky. I can start the genny up and turn the temp up on the thermostat, the furnace will cycle on and because the genny is on(110 power) the fan on the back will cycle on with the heat pump in off mode. I am more interested in your fireplace. Mine does not have a thermostat setting. What model number do you have?
Jimmy Tilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 07:36 PM   #42
NXR

I'm not sure on the fireplace model number but I can only set the fireplace temperature (in 5 degree increments) using its remote control. Do you have a remote control for yours?

To confirm, you have a GT7 36K7? Your profile does not list anything.

I know the touchscreen HVAC controls have been wonky for many people since they came out and no one seems to know what Auto Heat is really supposed to do. You might want to contact Precision Circuits directly and ask them: https://www.precisioncircuitsinc.com/contact-us/

Ray
Old 03-13-2022, 08:13 PM   #43

I will look for a remote. The tech at MHSRV said ours does not havea thermostat. I have a 36D7. I appreciate the help and dialoge
Old 03-13-2022, 08:47 PM   #44
NXR

Pic of the remote attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fireplace remote control.PNG
Views:	41
Size:	489.5 KB
ID:	270035  
Old 03-13-2022, 09:30 PM   #45

I haven't found a remote. I did get a ops manual downloaded and figured out how to set the thermostat from the panel. Hold the temp button down for five seconds and a temp is displayed. Tap the temp button until you get to the desired temp.
Old 03-14-2022, 10:30 AM   #46
NXR

Hey, how about that? Mine also lets me set the temperature that way. Nice.

It didn't make sense to me that a heater would not have some kind of thermostat but I never thought past using the remote control. Learned something new today.

BTW, some of my remotes were in the big pack of manuals they gave us, in the plastic bag with the individual manual. The fireplace remote is very small and thin.

Thanks!

Ray
Old 03-15-2022, 03:11 PM   #47

Did you notice the fireplace remote and the sound bar used the same ir code set? It took me awhile to figure that one out.
_nelsonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 03:36 PM   #48

What does having the

Same ir code mean?

Thanks in advance

Jimbo
Jc4ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 04:43 PM   #49
NXR

Apparently Furrion's IR vocabulary is limited. I have to shield one remote with my hand to keep it from affecting something else. One of those also affects the Atwood thermostats.

Ray
Old 03-15-2022, 05:14 PM   #50

Oh my !!

That is strange indeed. I use all my remotes all the time and I’ve never had one remote effect any other than the intended device. RV life is great isn’t it 😎😆😝

Jimbo
Jc4ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 04:54 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc4ut View Post
Same ir code mean?

Thanks in advance

Jimbo

Each infrared remote device has a code set for what the pulses of infrared light mean to the device being controlled. Apparently my sound bar and fireplace are using the same code set..
Old 03-16-2022, 05:37 PM   #52
Senior Member - Retired

Switch from IR to RF ?

Some systems allow you to select IR or RF for remote communication. Can you switch one of your conflicting systems to RF, leaving the other set to IR?
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar, base plates, diode kit
SMI Stay-IN-Play Duo auxiliary braking system
25' Off shore blue water fishing boat
CA Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 09:32 AM   #53

Hello to all...
Wife and I took delivery of our 2022 GT7 36K7 on June 17 2022.
Bought it sight on seen (also from MHSRV) right from the production line. Had to, they were selling before they hit the lot. We were able to view the 36D7 and loved a lot of what it had. However, since we sold our house in Allen Texas the month before...we are living 'Full-Time' in ours just off of Lake Lavon. The two full baths and Bunk was a plus for us, that's why we selected the 36K7. Also the Bunk is currently used as a closet.

We love ours as from what it looks like everyone else on here does a well.

Just wanted to say hello. More post to come.

Robert and Laura
2022 GT7 36K7 Nautique
Towed Vehicle: 2018 JLUR Rubicon Mojito
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fiona1 GT7.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	276705   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fiona3 GT7.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	276706   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6283 (1).JPG
Views:	56
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	276707  
GT7andRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 10:25 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT7andRubicon View Post
Hello to all...
Wife and I took delivery of our 2022 GT7 36K7 on June 17 2022.
Bought it sight on seen (also from MHSRV) right from the production line. Had to, they were selling before they hit the lot. We were able to view the 36D7 and loved a lot of what it had. However, since we sold our house in Allen Texas the month before...we are living 'Full-Time' in ours just off of Lake Lavon. The two full baths and Bunk was a plus for us, that's why we selected the 36K7. Also the Bunk is currently used as a closet.

We love ours as from what it looks like everyone else on here does a well.

Just wanted to say hello. More post to come.

Robert and Laura
2022 GT7 36K7 Nautique
Towed Vehicle: 2018 JLUR Rubicon Mojito

That is the first time I have seen that color. Very nice!
Old 10-06-2022, 12:28 AM   #55

Great thread

KRMann - thank you for the initial thread. I appreciated learning about your experience, and the follow up posts from everyone else.
My wife and I purchased a new 36K7 two weeks ago and will take delivery this Saturday. We're beyond excited. It's our first RV and I'm trying to absorb as much information as I can. Your post and this thread have been helpful - to compliment much of what I've been reading so far.

Thanks again!
HeatR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 07:10 AM   #56

Please, Please...All I ask is you take your time during the PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection)
Do not let them rush you.
Scan all the TV's to check the over the air antenna.

Winegard and the router (Connect 2.0) take a device with you so you can login and verify WiFi works
Washer, ours was not connected and turn on to water
Inverter/solar/batteries...make sure they go over all functions
Leveling Jacks...what to do when they flasy yellow trying to get them down and level
All outlets and plugs
I can go on...but really, take your time Take notes, ask questions Also, the wife recorded some of the key points that were new to us
GT7andRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 09:35 AM   #57
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatR
My wife and I purchased a new 36K7 two weeks ago and will take delivery this Saturday. We're beyond excited. It's our first RV and I'm trying to absorb as much information as I can. Your post and this thread have been helpful - to compliment much of what I've been reading so far.
Agreed. These are my canned thoughts on PDI's (pre-delivery inspection) and dealer responsiveness:

YOU MUST take control of the PDI process. DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, RELY SOLELY ON THE DEALER PDI!

You must do your own. Dealer PDIs usually are cursory and maybe a few hours long because they have other things their people need to do.

What we did on our motorhome:

We took three full days to do our PDI. Our dealer was very accommodating because we told them in advance what we were going to do. My wife started at the back while I started at the front and we each worked to the other end.

The first day was on shore power and city water at the dealer. A major issue we found was that the bed slide was binding a bit. It would stick on one side briefly and then jump to catch up. The more we ran it, the more it bound up. That's unacceptable, even though the dealer said it was "normal". We later found where multiple screws and staples were sticking up too far from the bed platform's carpeting and causing the binding.

The second day was on generator, propane, and tank water at the dealer. Your first generator oil change is at 20 hours and yes, running it for six to eight hours during this day of the PDI will get you close to your first generator oil and filter change.  

The third day was to scrutinize the exterior, from the undercarriage to the roof, very, very closely. Remember, any dings, scratches, cracks, etc. that you report after you drive off the lot may be deemed to have occurred after you took delivery. Don't go there.

I probably spent a half-hour underneath and found wires hanging loose, a broken screw on a propane bracket, and hydraulic lines rubbing. Take a lot of pictures so you'll know how things looked when new. Climbing up the ladder I saw a large jagged gouge in the rear cap. It appeared someone had come down the ladder with a tool in their pocket or something.

Yes, we found many things the dealer missed and they were OK with that because we did their job for them.

- DO NOT ACCEPT DELIVERY AND THE TITLE UNTIL every problem is either fixed or until you know when and how a problem will be repaired. We left ours at the dealer for a full month until most things were repaired.

Remember, once you make the final payment to the dealer the warranty starts.

Your initial goal is to get as much as possible resolved before the warranty clock starts. That gives more time for other things to break while under warranty. 🙂

- DO NOT schedule a trip immediately, before PDI defect repairs are completed, thinking you'll check more things over on your first trip and the dealer will have a more comprehensive list. That. Never. Works.

"GetItHome-itis" WILL cause you a LOT of grief as things go unresolved. It also can leave you stranded somewhere.

But once you have a post-repair delivery date, schedule a few days on the road because there is a lot that can only fail once you've actually used it a few times. We went to a local state park for three days. And then did it again.

- DO NOT LEAVE THE DEALER WITH ANY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS ON HOW A SYSTEM WORKS. You will regret it.

- During your PDI, turn EVERY screw gently and write up every one that will not fully tighten. We found several. Open every cabinet. Look behind the drawers with a flashlight to see if anything looks wrong. We had a drawer that needed pushed harder than the others to latch and it turned out the drawer was hitting on some wiring behind it. Literally, go through everything with the proverbial fine-toothed comb. And then do it again.

- Build your tool bag during your PDI and leave it in the motorhome. You'll need some S-tip screwdrivers for all of the square-headed screws on these things. I bought this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

- Read voraciously on various forums to learn about problems others have had and specifically look for them on yours. I found a lot of things common to others once I knew to look for them and I refused delivery until they were corrected.

- If the dealer tells you something like "They all work that way" and you think it's wrong, DO NOT ACCEPT THAT. Get it made right. Write it up repeatedly if you need to.

- When, not "if", the dealer says "We're waiting on Forest River to approve the warranty claim" or to send parts, whatever, IMMEDIATELY ask them for the claim number and other details. Tell them you will personally be calling the manufacturer the next day to find out what the delay is. Almost every time I did that the dealer's rep said "There's no need. We'll call them again today" and voila, by magic things moved faster. Once or twice they did tell me to call and said they hoped I had better luck. As the customer, I did.

- Run every appliance for a while when you're doing your PDI, not just on and off a few minutes later. We had an air conditioner that would trip a breaker after a few hours of operation. We found that on the second day of our PDI. We brought along a few clothes to test out the Splendide combo washer/dryer and it was fortunate we did. That thing vibrated so badly it shook the hold-down bracket off the wall.

- ALWAYS WRITE UP EVERYTHING, NO MATTER HOW MINOR. You are establishing a written history to help protect your interests in the future. If you have to repair something, WRITE IT UP and ask the dealer to double-check your work to assure it was done properly.

The goal is to get EVERYTHING, no matter how "minor", listed in the manufacturer's warranty system. Again, no matter how minor. One item I thought was very minor turned out to be major and required that the entire refrigerator be replaced.

- Take a LOT of pictures so there's no question about how something looked when new. Those pics will help you later if nothing else.

- ALWAYS re-report something that is still awaiting repair. DO NOT assume that the dealer is keeping track of those pending items.

- IMMEDIATELY REPORT ANY WATER LEAKS! If you call it in, follow-up with an immediate email so there is a written record of your contact. Many warranties only cover seals and similar for 90 days, not the full year.

If you see even a small dribble of water where it should not be, REPORT IT! Water is very destructive and you have no idea how long the problem has existed, just how long you've seen it.

- Provide the dealer with a good, written description of every issue and include pictures if applicable. Dealers almost always need to submit pictures with their warranty claims. Make them your pictures. Your goal is to enable them to duplicate the problem and to make it easy for them to do so. Step by step instructions on how to make something act up helps them a lot.

Over the first year, I had 98 pages of problems although a few were carryovers (not repaired on a previous service appointment for some reason). There were a lot of pictures in that 98 pages so it's not quite as bad as it seemed.  

I wrote everything up in Microsoft Word and kept every item in its own section with its own title so there was no doubt where one issue ended and another began. I then saved it as a PDF and emailed the PDF to the dealer about a week before our appointment.

Be certain to ask the service department if they passed your original write-up to the techs that will work on your unit. Ours would not so I ended up printing it out and leaving it on the dash when we dropped the unit off.

- Upon leaving a service appointment, ALWAYS schedule the next one so you'll have a slot. There are months-long delays at dealer service centers and your goal is to jump to the head of the line on your timetable.

YOU must be your own advocate. Be persistent but not rude or disrespectful but don't let them ignore you or walk on you. If that happens it's OK to get a bit upset.

Good luck!

Ray
Old 10-07-2022, 12:26 AM   #58

Great information - thanks again!

Our walkthrough is scheduled for the afternoon (1pm on), and the dealer told us it to plan for several hours so they can go through everything. I had planned on being thorough as well, but both of you (NXR and GT7andRubicon) have given me even more to think about. I was planning on testing everything the first weekend at our house, but the idea of testing before leaving the lot is appealing. That way there is no confusion about anything "I broke while driving home".

Thanks again for being generous with this great information!

Life, Liberty, and pursuing Happiness...
in our 2022 GT7 36K7
HeatR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 05:56 PM   #59
NXR

Many people miss this part in the warranty doc: Adjustments to interior doors, latches, drawers, window treatments, awnings, tubes and locks beyond ninety (90) days after sale to first retail purchaser. are not necessarily covered by warranty. Get those handled first.

Warranty doc: http://www.forestriverinc.com/downlo...rranty2021.pdf

Forest River and their dealers will "administer" the warranties of the individual appliances and such. That means while they are not providing the actual warranty, in effect they are because they will handle those problems as if they were.

I think you'll find that the Georgetown division will bend over backwards to assure you are happy. Their dealers, maybe not so much. We were told to CC Forest River on all email correspondence with the dealer so they can add the emails to your file and intervene where necessary. If you find the dealer has removed the FR CC, forward the dealer email to FR. I suggest writing "Forest River is copied on this." at the top of all emails where you add FR as a CC. It's not a threat; you're just keeping everyone aware so no one feels ambushed.

And ALWAYS include your full VIN in the emails at least once in a chain.

Georgetown Owner Relations
(574) 206-7600
motorizedservice@forestriverinc.com

Good luck tomorrow!

Ray
Old 11-30-2022, 11:06 AM   #60

Winegard

So about this Winegard and 360+ thing, I connected to it but not sure how to use it! I have ATT as cell phone carrier, what next??
Kennest6 is offline   Reply With Quote