Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2021, 06:36 PM   #1

Our 2022 GT7 36D7 Thoughts after delivery

**Long post but thought I would share**

Here are our thoughts on our 2022 GT7 36D7 we took delivery of back in November. Just got back from an almost 1k- mile trip staying in it for 9 days. During PDI found a major issue with bedroom slide that required Lippert to send a complete slim rack mechanism and seems to be working fine now. Forest River and dealership (MHRVS) all were super helpful getting the issue addressed but due to parts shortages it took time. Have a hydraulic leak with jacks, shower leak around door trim and one passenger window need adjustment. That is all we have found so far

We really like this coach and so far, are supper happy with it. While it’s only a short use it we would give it 8 out of 10 stars and would buy it again.

Chassis
• Sound of the V8 is not bad. The sweet spot is around 65mph and between 2k-2.5 k rpms. The wife and I could carry on a conversation just fine
• Driving is ok. Do get steering wheel wondering and following ruts. I never drove the older chassis so nothing to compare. My previous motorhome was a Class C so hard to compare to GT7. Side winds can be battle sometimes but our drive down to south Texas was very windy. 18 wheelers passing from behind was not bad but could feel them. When 8 wheelers passing head on could rock the coach. Handling upgrades will be one of the 1st things I address. Overall though the GT7 handle well for a coach this size.
• Power of V8 is good. Climbing hills is not bad just need to learn the transmission shifting
• Gas millage was disappointing. Only average 6.5 mpg. Now I will say it was very windy and lot and lots of hills pulling a 2021 Jeep. Curious to see how it does out on the road with no big hills.
• Hydraulic jacks worked well but do have a small leak that will need to be addressed
• Battery compartment is laid out well and can get to any breakers if needed
• Dash A/C runs well blows very hard and cold. Will be interested in how it does is hotter weather
• Generator was easy to start and ran everything with now issues. Ran a good 14+ plus hours on it
Cockpit
• Layout is good for driver and can reach everything just fine and I am a short feller ��
• Dash electronics good and easy to scroll through
• Side cameras are not good to me. They are very grainy and does not give you a good view. Left turn camera is not working another thing on the list
• Rear camera is ok but be clearer than the side cameras. I just think the cameras are cheap
• Driver and passenger chairs are comfortable to me and being able to raise the arm rest is a plus
• Used my android device connected to display and worked well and navigation was easy to see
• The soft dash is nice but makes it really hard to attach devices to it like TPMS and braking systems. Will need to figure out something that works. I don’t want to attach to windows
• The big front window is great and you can really see the country side but it’s a big bug catcher ��
Coach
Electronics
• Speakers up front top of windshield are not bad once connected to Android device I wish they were throughout the coach. They are only up by front windshield
• Wingard very good with cell connection able to stream on TV’s easly. Was little finicky setting up but very pleased with it once up and running
• Precision Plex works well and the app is a plus. No issue connecting and using app. Just wish they could add the A/C-Furnace to the app
• USB connections nice to have in the driving area and big plus on both sides of the bed. Would be nice to have some around table area
• Precision Plex tank levels are way off. Grey & Black showing 2/3 full but really tanks are almost full if not full. Fresh water is way off as well
• Really like the LED lights throughout and the ability to dim using the control panel or app.
• Fireplace is super nice and will heat of the living area quickly. It was cold a couple of days and used this manly for heat. Really like this feature
• TV’s all work and easy to setup and stream. The quality of the TV is just marginal would like little better TV since they are so cheap now.
• Solar worked not sure when to expect here

Kitchen
• Not that we will use a lot, but the stove works well and even baked a pumpkin pie in it. Did take 15 min longer than normal. The temp in oven on wire racks is 15 degrees cooler than what oven shows. Though would have been the other way around.
• Burners worked well and will be able to cook anything
• Exhaust fan simply pulls air then dumps back into the coach kind of useless wish it would have pushed it outside like my other motorhome.
• Microwave worked well
• Sink is deep enough for us and we washed a bunk of dishes
• Really like the frig. Makes good ice and everything was super cold. Even when not plugged into shore power

Bathroom/Bedroom/ Living area
• Plumbing all worked well and was running with 45 PSI on the faucet then through filters.
• Fixtures are all good and work well
• Shower head ok will replace with Oxygenic down the road.
Did have a leak around the sliding door trim which was an easy fix
• 2nd bath is very big and the macerator toilet is very nice wish they had put one in the master as well
• Master bath is nice, but the 2nd sink next to the window is a littler tight
• Water heater was more than enough to stay up with 2 adults taking showers and washing dishes
• Washer and dryer worked well just have to do smaller loads or it takes a longer to dry.
• Bed is super comfortable and slept like a baby
• Super good storage throughout the coach and should be more than enough for us
Seating/Trim
• Trim is all good but a few pieces are not straight which not a big deal and will have corrected.
• Big coach is super comfortable and really like it a lot.
• Dinette is good and is big enough for us
A/C Heat pump
• Super cold ac and easy to control with Precision Plex
• Heat pump not impressed with it may just need to use more I guess
• Furnace runs good but the airflow through the vents is not close to being even through out the coach. 2nd bath was smoking hot while the back of the coach was cold. The 2nd bathroom is close to the blower so sure that’s why hotter. There is vent controls for so they are wide open. Wil have this looked out not sure what can be done though
Outside
• Plenty of storage and love slam shut doors are nice
• Wet bay is very tight, and you cannot close the door with water hoses attached. I had to buy an L to get enough room to close the door. This is a bad design need to redesign.
• I really would like to have a lot more room in wet bay.
• Dumping of tanks worked well and did at lest 6-7 dumps with full tanks and ˝ tanks
• Outside TV and radio are nice and will be fun sitting out by it.
KRMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 11:15 PM   #2
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRMann
Chassis
• Sound of the V8 is not bad. The sweet spot is around 65mph and between 2k-2.5 k rpms. The wife and I could carry on a conversation just fine
We can do the same with the V10 as long as we're not climbing a hill that requires wide open throttle.

Quote:
• Driving is ok. Do get steering wheel wondering and following ruts. I never drove the older chassis so nothing to compare. My previous motorhome was a Class C so hard to compare to GT7. Side winds can be battle sometimes but our drive down to south Texas was very windy. 18 wheelers passing from behind was not bad but could feel them. When 8 wheelers passing head on could rock the coach. Handling upgrades will be one of the 1st things I address. Overall though the GT7 handle well for a coach this size.
Keep a very close eye on the rear sway bar bushings. Many a person with the V8 has found the bushings "migrating" out from under the brackets with just a few thousand miles on the coach. Some people have lost the bolts for those brackets. Some have had the brackets crack. Apparently the torque for the larger V8 sway bar bolts is 184 ft lbs instead of 66 ft lbs for the V10 sway bars..

Quote:
• Power of V8 is good. Climbing hills is not bad just need to learn the transmission shifting
ALWAYS use Tow/Haul mode. It's turned on by pressing the button on the end of the gear shifter. A little yellow "trailer" icon will light on the dash. The button needs pressed each time you start the engine.

Tow/Haul mode holds the gears longer on the upshifts so it aids in climbing hills but it really shines on descents. Each tap of the brake pedal causes the transmission to downshift one gear. The engine will really scream but that keeps you from having to use the brakes on long descents (and overheating them and experiencing brake fade).

Quote:
• Gas millage was disappointing. Only average 6.5 mpg. Now I will say it was very windy and lot and lots of hills pulling a 2021 Jeep. Curious to see how it does out on the road with no big hills.
I've never seen 6.5 on our V10. 5.8 to 6.0 when towing is the norm.

Quote:
• The soft dash is nice but makes it really hard to attach devices to it like TPMS and braking systems. Will need to figure out something that works. I don’t want to attach to windows.
Small strips of Velcro fix many problems.

Quote:
• Precision Plex tank levels are way off. Grey & Black showing 2/3 full but really tanks are almost full if not full. Fresh water is way off as well
On our GT5 I can open the long narrow panel on the passenger side and remove one of the marine access plates. When I shine a flashlight in I can see the translucent fresh water tank. With the light I can easily see the actual water level in the tank.

Because the tanks are so shallow but LONG, almost stretching from one side to the other, the level sensors installed on one end of the tanks are very sensitive to the coach being even a bit low on one side or the other. Putting the sensors in the middle of the tank would fix that problem but would make it about impossible to change them or fix a wiring problem once installed.

Quote:
• Plumbing all worked well and was running with 45 PSI on the faucet then through filters.
If you have the Shurflo 4008 water pump as ours does, that pump turns ON when the pressure in the lines drops to 40 PSI and turns OFF when the pressure in the lines reaches 55 PSI, +/- 2 PSI. If the water pump will take the pressure to 55 PSI I see no reason to run a lower pressure. I run our regulator at 60 PSI.

Quote:
• 2nd bath is very big and the macerator toilet is very nice wish they had put one in the master as well
We have a Tecma macerating toilet in the 1/2 bath and a Dometic pedal toilet in the rear bath. I prefer that. We both use the Tecma for #2 so there are no worries about a "poop pyramid".

One of the great features of the Tecma is it has its own black tank level sensors. That green light turns yellow at 50% and turns red at "dump the tank NOW". Those lights give a good check on the Precision Plex sensors and also gives warning when you're half-full.

The Dometic lets me look straight down into the black tank as a double check on the level if needed and also as an easy way to drop the Camco orange packets into.

Quote:
• Dumping of tanks worked well and did at least 6-7 dumps with full tanks and ˝ tanks
TMI, dude.

Ray
Old 12-31-2021, 11:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
We can do the same with the V10 as long as we're not climbing a hill that requires wide open throttle.

Keep a very close eye on the rear sway bar bushings. Many a person with the V8 has found the bushings "migrating" out from under the brackets with just a few thousand miles on the coach. Some people have lost the bolts for those brackets. Some have had the brackets crack. Apparently the torque for the larger V8 sway bar bolts is 184 ft lbs instead of 66 ft lbs for the V10 sway bars..

ALWAYS use Tow/Haul mode. It's turned on by pressing the button on the end of the gear shifter. A little yellow "trailer" icon will light on the dash. The button needs pressed each time you start the engine.

Tow/Haul mode holds the gears longer on the upshifts so it aids in climbing hills but it really shines on descents. Each tap of the brake pedal causes the transmission to downshift one gear. The engine will really scream but that keeps you from having to use the brakes on long descents (and overheating them and experiencing brake fade).

I've never seen 6.5 on our V10. 5.8 to 6.0 when towing is the norm.

Small strips of Velcro fix many problems.

On our GT5 I can open the long narrow panel on the passenger side and remove one of the marine access plates. When I shine a flashlight in I can see the translucent fresh water tank. With the light I can easily see the actual water level in the tank.

Because the tanks are so shallow but LONG, almost stretching from one side to the other, the level sensors installed on one end of the tanks are very sensitive to the coach being even a bit low on one side or the other. Putting the sensors in the middle of the tank would fix that problem but would make it about impossible to change them or fix a wiring problem once installed.

If you have the Shurflo 4008 water pump as ours does, that pump turns ON when the pressure in the lines drops to 40 PSI and turns OFF when the pressure in the lines reaches 55 PSI, +/- 2 PSI. If the water pump will take the pressure to 55 PSI I see no reason to run a lower pressure. I run our regulator at 60 PSI.

We have a Tecma macerating toilet in the 1/2 bath and a Dometic pedal toilet in the rear bath. I prefer that. We both use the Tecma for #2 so there are no worries about a "poop pyramid".

One of the great features of the Tecma is it has its own black tank level sensors. That green light turns yellow at 50% and turns red at "dump the tank NOW". Those lights give a good check on the Precision Plex sensors and also gives warning when you're half-full.

The Dometic lets me look straight down into the black tank as a double check on the level if needed and also as an easy way to drop the Camco orange packets into.

TMI, dude.

Ray
Thanks Ray.. Always good info coming from you.. When we got the coach the rear bushing was already out so I have been keeping an eye it. I had no idea about the Tecma lights something will have to look at. Your TMI make me laugh
Old 01-01-2022, 12:07 AM   #4

By any chance did you get the unit inspected by a certified rv inspector prior to taking delivery?

Jimbo
Jc4ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 09:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc4ut View Post
By any chance did you get the unit inspected by a certified rv inspector prior to taking delivery?

Jimbo
I did not. I created my own PDI spread with over 150+ line items that I used check everything. I also spent 2 days in dealership RV park running through everything and that is how I found a few items. I can share the spread sheet if you like just PM you email address.
Old 01-08-2022, 05:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRMann View Post
**Long post but thought I would share**

Here are our thoughts on our 2022 GT7 36D7 we took delivery of back in November. Just got back from an almost 1k- mile trip staying in it for 9 days. During PDI found a major issue with bedroom slide that required Lippert to send a complete slim rack mechanism and seems to be working fine now. Forest River and dealership (MHRVS) all were super helpful getting the issue addressed but due to parts shortages it took time. Have a hydraulic leak with jacks, shower leak around door trim and one passenger window need adjustment. That is all we have found so far

We really like this coach and so far, are supper happy with it. While it’s only a short use it we would give it 8 out of 10 stars and would buy it again.

Chassis
•Sound of the V8 is not bad. The sweet spot is around 65mph and between 2k-2.5 k rpms. The wife and I could carry on a conversation just fine
•Driving is ok. Do get steering wheel wondering and following ruts. I never drove the older chassis so nothing to compare. My previous motorhome was a Class C so hard to compare to GT7. Side winds can be battle sometimes but our drive down to south Texas was very windy. 18 wheelers passing from behind was not bad but could feel them. When 8 wheelers passing head on could rock the coach. Handling upgrades will be one of the 1st things I address. Overall though the GT7 handle well for a coach this size.
•Power of V8 is good. Climbing hills is not bad just need to learn the transmission shifting
•Gas millage was disappointing. Only average 6.5 mpg. Now I will say it was very windy and lot and lots of hills pulling a 2021 Jeep. Curious to see how it does out on the road with no big hills.
•Hydraulic jacks worked well but do have a small leak that will need to be addressed
•Battery compartment is laid out well and can get to any breakers if needed
•Dash A/C runs well blows very hard and cold. Will be interested in how it does is hotter weather
•Generator was easy to start and ran everything with now issues. Ran a good 14+ plus hours on it
Cockpit
•Layout is good for driver and can reach everything just fine and I am a short feller ��
•Dash electronics good and easy to scroll through
•Side cameras are not good to me. They are very grainy and does not give you a good view. Left turn camera is not working another thing on the list
•Rear camera is ok but be clearer than the side cameras. I just think the cameras are cheap
•Driver and passenger chairs are comfortable to me and being able to raise the arm rest is a plus
•Used my android device connected to display and worked well and navigation was easy to see
•The soft dash is nice but makes it really hard to attach devices to it like TPMS and braking systems. Will need to figure out something that works. I don’t want to attach to windows
•The big front window is great and you can really see the country side but it’s a big bug catcher ��
Coach
Electronics
•Speakers up front top of windshield are not bad once connected to Android device I wish they were throughout the coach. They are only up by front windshield
•Wingard very good with cell connection able to stream on TV’s easly. Was little finicky setting up but very pleased with it once up and running
•Precision Plex works well and the app is a plus. No issue connecting and using app. Just wish they could add the A/C-Furnace to the app
•USB connections nice to have in the driving area and big plus on both sides of the bed. Would be nice to have some around table area
•Precision Plex tank levels are way off. Grey & Black showing 2/3 full but really tanks are almost full if not full. Fresh water is way off as well
•Really like the LED lights throughout and the ability to dim using the control panel or app.
•Fireplace is super nice and will heat of the living area quickly. It was cold a couple of days and used this manly for heat. Really like this feature
•TV’s all work and easy to setup and stream. The quality of the TV is just marginal would like little better TV since they are so cheap now.
•Solar worked not sure when to expect here

Kitchen
•Not that we will use a lot, but the stove works well and even baked a pumpkin pie in it. Did take 15 min longer than normal. The temp in oven on wire racks is 15 degrees cooler than what oven shows. Though would have been the other way around.
•Burners worked well and will be able to cook anything
•Exhaust fan simply pulls air then dumps back into the coach kind of useless wish it would have pushed it outside like my other motorhome.
•Microwave worked well
•Sink is deep enough for us and we washed a bunk of dishes
•Really like the frig. Makes good ice and everything was super cold. Even when not plugged into shore power

Bathroom/Bedroom/ Living area
•Plumbing all worked well and was running with 45 PSI on the faucet then through filters.
•Fixtures are all good and work well
•Shower head ok will replace with Oxygenic down the road.
Did have a leak around the sliding door trim which was an easy fix
•2nd bath is very big and the macerator toilet is very nice wish they had put one in the master as well
•Master bath is nice, but the 2nd sink next to the window is a littler tight
•Water heater was more than enough to stay up with 2 adults taking showers and washing dishes
•Washer and dryer worked well just have to do smaller loads or it takes a longer to dry.
•Bed is super comfortable and slept like a baby
•Super good storage throughout the coach and should be more than enough for us
Seating/Trim
•Trim is all good but a few pieces are not straight which not a big deal and will have corrected.
•Big coach is super comfortable and really like it a lot.
•Dinette is good and is big enough for us
A/C Heat pump
•Super cold ac and easy to control with Precision Plex
•Heat pump not impressed with it may just need to use more I guess
•Furnace runs good but the airflow through the vents is not close to being even through out the coach. 2nd bath was smoking hot while the back of the coach was cold. The 2nd bathroom is close to the blower so sure that’s why hotter. There is vent controls for so they are wide open. Wil have this looked out not sure what can be done though
Outside
•Plenty of storage and love slam shut doors are nice
•Wet bay is very tight, and you cannot close the door with water hoses attached. I had to buy an L to get enough room to close the door. This is a bad design need to redesign.
•I really would like to have a lot more room in wet bay.
•Dumping of tanks worked well and did at lest 6-7 dumps with full tanks and ˝ tanks
•Outside TV and radio are nice and will be fun sitting out by it.

I had to chuckle at some of your comments as they were our same experiences. Our shower doors were completely unsealed on the bottom and it took us a few showers to figure out where all that waster was coming from. Husband sealed it up and that solved the issue.

The half bath is so hot when we run the furnace, it’ll burn your butt! If that vent were one that could be closed off at will, it would help. We leave the door open to balance the heat a bit more at night.

Your TVs may be an upgrade from ours as ours are not smart TVs and we have to use a HDMI to hook to our phone to stream anything. I told my husband I’d like to upgrade all three to smart TVs or add ROKU sticks to them.

You said you will upgrade the shower head to an Oxygenic, why? What’s the benefit?

Your rig had the solar installed for use? We have everything except the panel that came with ours so tell me more about that.

You mentioned needing USB outlets in the dinette area. We use the ones in the bottom of the cabinet over the first recliner. I wish the outlet that is under the table was above the table so it was more easily accessed.

I have to say I love having the washer and dryer! I am stocking seasonal clothing, towels, sheets, etc. so we don’t have to carry in and out of the house and just washing and drying. It’s also great when grandkids are along and we all go swimming to dry the towels for the next time.
LaLaLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 10:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLisa View Post
I had to chuckle at some of your comments as they were our same experiences. Our shower doors were completely unsealed on the bottom and it took us a few showers to figure out where all that waster was coming from. Husband sealed it up and that solved the issue.

The half bath is so hot when we run the furnace, it’ll burn your butt! If that vent were one that could be closed off at will, it would help. We leave the door open to balance the heat a bit more at night.

Your TVs may be an upgrade from ours as ours are not smart TVs and we have to use a HDMI to hook to our phone to stream anything. I told my husband I’d like to upgrade all three to smart TVs or add ROKU sticks to them.

You said you will upgrade the shower head to an Oxygenic, why? What’s the benefit?

Your rig had the solar installed for use? We have everything except the panel that came with ours so tell me more about that.

You mentioned needing USB outlets in the dinette area. We use the ones in the bottom of the cabinet over the first recliner. I wish the outlet that is under the table was above the table so it was more easily accessed.

I have to say I love having the washer and dryer! I am stocking seasonal clothing, towels, sheets, etc. so we don’t have to carry in and out of the house and just washing and drying. It’s also great when grandkids are along and we all go swimming to dry the towels for the next time.
Hey there Lisa...

Well at least there is constancy even if they are issue

The shower door was the same and we did the same thing in sealing it. Something I have already reported to FR since we are not the only ones with this issue. While its minor it should not happen on this class of coach

We also leave the door open when running the furnace. I have read that closing off the vents could cause an issue with the furnace over heating. That may be why there is no way to close them off. I need to research more about that though. If the its above 40 need to start using the heat pumps more and will save on propane.

Our TV's are not smart TV which is really amazing to me they are not. TVs are so cheap now but I am sure FR has a contract with Lippert(Summit) on the TVs. What I did was install Amazon Fire Sticks(which are super cheap) and stream everything through it.

On the USB in the cabinet over the 1st recliner not sure I have even seen any there? Do you have pic of them. That would be helpful. We are some small charging stations we will to help cut down on the clutter.

We have not used the Washer/Dryer much but its good to hear they work good. When we used it a few times seemed to take longer to dry. We may have loaded to much into it. What laundry soap are using?

Thanks for the reply helps with learning.
Old 01-09-2022, 02:46 PM   #8
NXR

Quote:
We have not used the Washer/Dryer much but its good to hear they work good. When we used it a few times seemed to take longer to dry. We may have loaded to much into it.
Probably. If you look at the typical house setup, the washer is 1/2 the size of the dryer. Our home washer is 3.6 cubic feet but the dryer is 7.1 cubic feet. The double amount of room in the dryer allows the clothes to properly tumble. That's why you can fully load a home washer.

With a combo, you cannot load it to more than 50%, and that is not 50% packed down. It's 50% tossed in.

The heavier the clothes, such as bath towels, the fewer you should do. We wash no more than two bath towels at one time.

After a shower we'll toss one bath towel in the Splendide on Cycle 5 (cotton dry only) and run it for 20 minutes to keep the inside humidity lower and to avoid hanging wet towels everywhere.

With our Splendide 2100XC the typical summer clothing load takes 60 - 80 minutes to dry. Same with just two bath towels. We use an Express cycle, #4, for most things but will use Cycle 2 (Heavy) for bath towels.

If the gray tank valve is closed, figure on 15 gallons of water being used. That's what I measured Cycle 2 at. That's about 1/3rd of our gray tank size. If we're doing multiple loads I'll just leave the gray dump valve open until the laundry is done.

We currently use a Costco liquid HE detergent because my DW doesn't like powder. When I pour the detergent (and softener) into the cap of the bottle it's no more than 1/8" deep (not a typo).

Due to the small size of the drum you're supposed to use softener every time to keep the clothes from sticking to each other.

It works very well as long as you stay within its design limits. Several small loads versus one or two large loads once a week.

HTH,

Ray
Old 01-09-2022, 05:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Probably. If you look at the typical house setup, the washer is 1/2 the size of the dryer. Our home washer is 3.6 cubic feet but the dryer is 7.1 cubic feet. The double amount of room in the dryer allows the clothes to properly tumble. That's why you can fully load a home washer.

With a combo, you cannot load it to more than 50%, and that is not 50% packed down. It's 50% tossed in.

The heavier the clothes, such as bath towels, the fewer you should do. We wash no more than two bath towels at one time.

After a shower we'll toss one bath towel in the Splendide on Cycle 5 (cotton dry only) and run it for 20 minutes to keep the inside humidity lower and to avoid hanging wet towels everywhere.

With our Splendide 2100XC the typical summer clothing load takes 60 - 80 minutes to dry. Same with just two bath towels. We use an Express cycle, #4, for most things but will use Cycle 2 (Heavy) for bath towels.

If the gray tank valve is closed, figure on 15 gallons of water being used. That's what I measured Cycle 2 at. That's about 1/3rd of our gray tank size. If we're doing multiple loads I'll just leave the gray dump valve open until the laundry is done.

We currently use a Costco liquid HE detergent because my DW doesn't like powder. When I pour the detergent (and softener) into the cap of the bottle it's no more than 1/8" deep (not a typo).

Due to the small size of the drum you're supposed to use softener every time to keep the clothes from sticking to each other.

It works very well as long as you stay within its design limits. Several small loads versus one or two large loads once a week.

HTH,

Ray
Always great info Ray... We also have been tossing towels into the dryer to help get the humidity out of the coach and not hanging wet towels. 1/8th is not much and did not know about the softener. thanks for the knowledge sharing
Old 01-10-2022, 10:42 AM   #10

Quote:

Lisa..

Realized I did not answer couple of you questions previous reply. That's what happens when you get a hurry

You asked about solar. Our coach came with a small panel installed on the roof. Its not big and if I understand correctly its only charging 6-7 amps per hour. I could be wrong with that I have. Attached a pic of ours

The shower is not bad don't get wrong but the feel I can a better use of water with a better spray. I have attached a pic of what we are replacing it with.

Rotating the pics in this forums drives me crazy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211015_130053.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	267583   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220108_135622.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	267584  
Old 01-20-2022, 07:56 PM   #11

Missing bump/joust stops

Just curious if you looked underneath your coach. I have a 2022 g7 36d7, and when checking the under carriage I found out that my stops weren't there? What? Sorry for the sideways pics.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20220115_154520.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	334.0 KB
ID:	268017   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220115_150706.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	381.3 KB
ID:	268018  
badboy267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 08:11 PM   #12

No but I will next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy267 View Post
Just curious if you looked underneath your coach. I have a 2022 g7 36d7, and when checking the under carriage I found out that my stops weren't there? What? Sorry for the sideways pics.
It’s to cold the next few days for me to go get on the ground and look but I will

Jimbo
Jc4ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 10:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy267 View Post
Wow.... I don't believe so but will double check tomorrow
Old 01-20-2022, 11:29 PM   #14

Kevin, so our rig has a solar connection in the compartment where the power cable is, but no part on the roof. That’s what we are hoping to figure out this year and put a small panel on the roof. We’ll see.
LaLaLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 10:08 AM   #15

Quote:
Kevin, so our rig has a solar connection in the compartment where the power cable is, but no part on the roof. That’s what we are hoping to figure out this year and put a small panel on the roof. We’ll see.
What year is your GT7
Old 01-21-2022, 10:11 AM   #16
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLisa
Yeah, our 2020 has that. It's supposed to just be a power connector wired directly to the house batteries to enable someone to plug in a portable solar panel with its own controller.

Ray
Old 01-21-2022, 12:34 PM   #17

UPDATE

Update..

Chassis
On our last trip I did not use the Tow/Haul mode when we headed down to south. On the trip last weekend I did use a Tow/Haul mode and what a big difference. The engine was more responsive to towing the Jeep, shifting was much better and you could feel and hear the transmission down shifting to low to slow the coach down(poor man engine break). With Tow/Haul the engine was also quieter. I had planned maybe getting a tuner from Ultra RV Productions or 5 Star but don’t feel need for that right now. The V8 seems to be just fine.

Artic Package

It was really really cold this trip. Wind was gusting 40-50 mph Friday and most of Saturday. Temps were 24 degrees with wind chill putting it around 8-10 degrees. I insured had enough water in the tanks and fired up the Tank heaters (artic package). This feature worked great and kept everything up running with no freezing. I went out a couple times and checked the wet bay and felt of the elbows where they were wrapped and were not freezing cold. That wind was cold and slamming against that wet bay door I was concerned. I did close all the access holes so there were no drafts.

The inside was toasty warm. The fireplace is a big big plus and we really like this feature. Ran the furnace and set it around 68, set the fireplace at 70 and it keep the coach warm as well push warm air down into the tank holding area. The warm air to the back of the coach bathroom was still not good enough. It was not freezing but need to figure out a better way to get flow back there. Also the temp on Precision panel was off about 5 degrees compared to my digital reading. This may have been because of fire place heating that area which is close to the thermostat. Overall handled the cold very well. Our travel this this year will not be taking us to cold areas, so it was good to run it through its paces. We have filled the propane tank now and that went well also.

Wind and oh The dust
Man that wind was howling. The gust was 40-50 mph all afternoon Friday and most Saturday. That GT7 was rocking. Late Saturday we felt is best to pull the dinette slide in. That was the side the wind was slamming into. We could hear the slid-out topper banging and did not want risk getting it damaged. Saturday morning put it back out and had no issue. With that wind it did well.

What I thought was interesting was the dust. It was so dusty and everything outside was covered in it. I mean everything. It was a very fine dust but little to no dust got into the coach. I was really surprised and happy about this. With the amount of dust in the air blowing so hard you would have thought a bunch would have gotten into the coach but it did not. I was impressed and tells me the GT7 was sealed well .

Everything continues to run well and we will taking a bunch more trips before taking in for a few small warranty items. We are happy with our GT7 “Stella”
Old 01-21-2022, 03:06 PM   #18
NXR

Whereabouts are you?

I don't know if it's the norm, but the Georgetown having wiper seals on the inside and on the outside of each slide was a very good idea by Forest River. Especially having a wiper seal on the inside bottom of each slide.

I carry a yardstick (remember those?) to help flip the outside wiper seals if needed.

Ray
Old 01-21-2022, 03:30 PM   #19

Quote:
Whereabouts are you?

I don't know if it's the norm, but the Georgetown having wiper seals on the inside and on the outside of each slide was a very good idea by Forest River. Especially having a wiper seal on the inside bottom of each slide.

I carry a yardstick (remember those?) to help flip the outside wiper seals if needed.

Ray
Up in the DFW area.. Great idea on the yardstick.. Something to add to my setup list to to check is the wiper seals
Old 01-21-2022, 03:50 PM   #20
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRMann View Post
Up in the DFW area.. Great idea on the yardstick.. Something to add to my setup list to to check is the wiper seals
Instead of a yardstick (unless you have another reason to carry a yardstick) I use the handle on our Oscar broom.
We bring a broom anyway, why not make it a multi use tool. I pull back the wiper with my finger, then run the handle up the length of the wiper.

Then again……you could bring a yardstick to see how long you’ve been camping.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	6806C069-3637-4A1D-94CD-86C0C9519D05.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	268039  

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote