Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2011, 04:22 AM   #1

Our Georgetown SE350TS

We just purchased a used 2008 with 9700 miles on it. Triple slide with bunks for the gran kids. Has anyone experienced anything we should keep an eye out for. I'd rather be proactive than eactive when it comes to fixing things. Also did your rigs come with 2 sink covers or 1
Thanks all
Fourn3833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:10 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourn3833 View Post
We just purchased a used 2008 with 9700 miles on it. Triple slide with bunks for the gran kids. Has anyone experienced anything we should keep an eye out for. I'd rather be proactive than eactive when it comes to fixing things. Also did your rigs come with 2 sink covers or 1
Thanks all
Congrats on your new purchase.
There are all types of different issues. Just check out the posts under the Georgetown heading. One that stands out is the fact water will empty from the fresh water tank during travel. There are postings with solutions from quite a few members. If there's anything particular you need help with just ask away. I'm sure you've seen there are some very knowledgeable people here.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:57 AM   #3

Thanks
Old 06-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #4

I have already developed a serious leak in the hydraulic slide jacks apparatus. I have not figured out just yet where the leak originates but I heard someoner with a similar problem is facing a bill of $1700 to fix theirs. Mine is still under warranty for a couple of months so hope to getit fixed on their dime this time. You might want to keep an eye out for this particular problem. Somesay is can be a simple O-Ring replacement if caught soon enough.
That obstreperous plastic-sheathed 50 Amp shore power chord is amost impossible to get in and out of the small bay where it is stored in my 2010 GT 350 TS. I finally replaced mine with rubber sheathed 50 Amp cord and it is a piece of cake now to manage. The replacement cord cost about 250 bucks at Home Depot but you can likely get it cheaper elsewhere.
I'm having quite a bit of problems with my slides. I don't tknow if this is a common trait of Forest River units or if there is any preventative action that will keep you from having these issues. You might want to keep your eye on the forums.
Enjoy your coach.
Lloyd
starburst2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #5

Thanks, we'll keep an eye out.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #6

as an FYI there has been problems with the hydraulic hoses becoming some what pourous
Old 07-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #7

Well I finished waxing the main body (got to do the roof when it's cooler) and replacing the screws I saw with rust with stainless. As an FYI as I was waxing the right hand side of the curved part at the roof, were they hold it back the retainer strip from the front cap I found the roof fiberglass not sealed real well. Cleaned it and sealed it. You can find all sorts of things as you detai, some you want to know some you don't. The coach looks great, I will hit it all again in about 60 days with another coat of Nu-Finish. It's amazing how much stuff this cleaned. up.

We are heading to Williston Crossing RV campground (in Williston Florida) on Firday of this week just to sit and relax. We were there 2 years ago when the bank took it over. It is now under new ownership and it's a beautiful place. $29 a night plus a Good Sam discount. Take a look at it on line, the web site needs to be updated a little as much progress on completing some things has been done.. We will be in pull thru 332 of anyone heads there. Stop in and say hello.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:49 PM   #8

There is a known issue with slides tearing the vinyl floor. There is some kind of pourly designed roller system under there. Under normal circumstances it shouldn't happen.

Mine worked fine until I loaded about 150lbs of tools into the dinette seat. Then the next time I ran the slide out it tore up the vinyl. For right now I'm just living with it. I haven't decided what to do yet.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #9

There is also the issue the issue with spark plugs getting stuck in these ford V10's when you try to remove them. It's a 2007 and earlier problem. But my 2008 georgetown is on a 2007 chassis.

You can read about the spark plug problem here:
Ford Modular engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can tell what year your chassis is by using the ford VIN decoder:
https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp
Old 07-18-2011, 08:02 AM   #10

interesting, have to look in to it
Old 09-23-2011, 07:58 PM   #11

Whoops

2009 350 SE TS. Make sure your steps are up before driving off, I didn't once and had to replace a good portion of the assembly.
New V-10s have had the spark plug problem fixed with a thicker head.
If your slides or leveling jacks quit working, there is a circuit breaker under the steps to the left. You'll see a little flag hanging down. Just reset it. Had to replace our microwave. Recommend a convection/microwave as a replacement, you'll never use your oven except for a bread box again.
Get you self a 50 amp extension cord, it's easier to handle than the factory installed one.
Tennis balls under your windshield wiper arms save the wipers.
If you plan on a towing toad, get a hula skirt instead of a solid mud flap, saves gas.
Switched out the winegard antenna for a new Jack antenna that I don't have to remember to crank down.

Good Luck
SnowBird9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:02 PM   #12

What is a Jack antenna?
Lloyd
starburst2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #13

Llyod,
Camping World has them. They are only about 12 inches high and will turn a full 360 degrees. The unit has a field strength meter right at the azimuth control so you can zero in on the station you want. Also there is a good installation procedure on the web. Just do a search for it.
SnowBird9
SnowBird9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Thanks all
Don't get discouraged by all the "look out for" comments, enjoy your rig and may you have many years of happy RVing, we love our Georgetown and our only problems have been self inflicted. Like the comment of 150# of tools in the dinette and then runing the slide, they should have been in the basement but hey, it's a self inflicted wound not a Georgetown issue.

Safe Travels and enjoy.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:17 AM   #15

We've had a blast so far and put 1100 miles on it since we bought it, all in Florida. I've replaced most if not all the steel exposed screws on it with stainless steel including the brake lights in the rear. I hate seeing rusty screws. I've also taken the time to paint any of the exposed steel under it with a Rust-Oleum product that kills rust. Waxed from top to bottom, helps when you need to clean the nasty love bugs off the front. I've made some repairs here and there the factory should have thought a little harder about, but other than that it's been great. I also replaced the TV in the back with a flat screen that fit perfectly behind the trim and looks like a factory install. We hope to be back in Fort Wilderness Halloween weekend.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:48 AM   #16
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
We've had a blast so far and put 1100 miles on it since we bought it, all in Florida. I've replaced most if not all the steel exposed screws on it with stainless steel including the brake lights in the rear. I hate seeing rusty screws. I've also taken the time to paint any of the exposed steel under it with a Rust-Oleum product that kills rust. Waxed from top to bottom, helps when you need to clean the nasty love bugs off the front. I've made some repairs here and there the factory should have thought a little harder about, but other than that it's been great. I also replaced the TV in the back with a flat screen that fit perfectly behind the trim and looks like a factory install. We hope to be back in Fort Wilderness Halloween weekend.
Glad to hear everything is going well. You've been busy. I know the feeling about rusty screws. Still wonder why they use fasteners they know will rust on a product they know will be exposed to the weather. It can't cost that much more to do it right. But I'm sure it's to keep the costs down. Have a great weekend!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourn3833
We've had a blast so far and put 1100 miles on it since we bought it, all in Florida.
Sounds like you're having fun and that's the important thing. Enjoy!
Old 10-02-2011, 07:10 PM   #18

Yes we are thanks