Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2021, 09:17 AM   #1

Talking Our GT7 36D7.. Close very Close

Just got a pic from our rep at Forest River letting us know that the coach is built and off the assembly line. Just wanting on paint. Still at least 4 weeks out since paint is backed up. That's ok waiting this long what's another 4 weeks

I just retired, wife retiring in December ready to hit the road. Both 40 years of working IT 24x7..... we are close very close to enjoying our hard work.

We are truly blessed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	649777751.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	431.3 KB
ID:	260328  
KRMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 10:06 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRMann View Post
Just got a pic from our rep at Forest River letting us know that the coach is built and off the assembly line. Just wanting on paint. Still at least 4 weeks out since paint is backed up. That's ok waiting this long what's another 4 weeks

I just retired, wife retiring in December ready to hit the road. Both 40 years of working IT 24x7..... we are close very close to enjoying our hard work.

We are truly blessed.
I retired in December 2020. We bought our XL378 a year before in preparation. Had a few trips to get things sorted out prior. We left the first of April for our "I'm now retired" trip. Started out as a trip from Clovis CA to Gettysburg. Turned into Clovis CA to Orlando, Williamsburg, Gettysburg, Bar Harbor, Mackinac Island, Rushmore, and too many places to name. Two months with no itinerary. What an adventure!
You'll love the new coach! You'll REALLY love being retired!
Have fun!
Mooney 78865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 01:32 PM   #3

This is so cool seeing it without paint! We're into our 3rd day with our new 36D7, after waiting 5 months. Still heavily on that learning curve. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210802_143751.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	260341
tsgm90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 03:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooney 78865 View Post
I retired in December 2020. We bought our XL378 a year before in preparation. Had a few trips to get things sorted out prior. We left the first of April for our "I'm now retired" trip. Started out as a trip from Clovis CA to Gettysburg. Turned into Clovis CA to Orlando, Williamsburg, Gettysburg, Bar Harbor, Mackinac Island, Rushmore, and too many places to name. Two months with no itinerary. What an adventure!
You'll love the new coach! You'll REALLY love being retired!
Have fun!
Sounds like fun and our plan as well. Will take several short trips before the wife retires in December then see with the coach takes us
Old 08-04-2021, 03:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgm90 View Post
This is so cool seeing it without paint! We're into our 3rd day with our new 36D7, after waiting 5 months. Still heavily on that learning curve. Attachment 260341
Looks beautiful.. We are ordered ours back in April and still got weeks to go. Being only 3 days what do you think you like the coach any issue to be on the look out for? There will be some I am sure...
Old 08-04-2021, 04:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Looks beautiful.. We are ordered ours back in April and still got weeks to go. Being only 3 days what do you think you like the coach any issue to be on the look out for? There will be some I am sure...
We love it so far. Can not get the rear camera microphone to work. We spent the day yesterday trying to get it leveled. We live on a slope, so we ended up going to a level parking lot to get the zero point reset. We think we finally have it worked out. Also, the shades really bang a lot when driving. I'm thinking I might be able to put some velcro on to hold them to the wall, at least the driver and passenger's windows.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:05 PM   #7

Quote:
We love it so far. Can not get the rear camera microphone to work. We spent the day yesterday trying to get it leveled. We live on a slope, so we ended up going to a level parking lot to get the zero point reset. We think we finally have it worked out. Also, the shades really bang a lot when driving. I'm thinking I might be able to put some velcro on to hold them to the wall, at least the driver and passenger's windows.
Good info and a lot to learn. If the shades are all the way up to they still bank around a lot?
Old 08-05-2021, 07:27 AM   #8
Commercial Member

Quote:
Wanted to share some info on the rear camera microphone. That is a feature we lost when we changed to the Sony radio's. Sony does have an input for a microphone like the ones we used in the past. We felt the Sony was a much better unit with Apple Car Play and Android Auto plus being better quality. Hope this helps! Enjoy your new coach... safe travels.
Cdefrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:02 AM   #9

Quote:
I think all roller shades bump around! We ended up buying Velcro strips and used just the "fuzzy" side to make a bumper on the metal bottom of the shade. They still swing, but no more "clanking".
Mooney 78865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdefrees View Post
Wanted to share some info on the rear camera microphone. That is a feature we lost when we changed to the Sony radio's. Sony does have an input for a microphone like the ones we used in the past. We felt the Sony was a much better unit with Apple Car Play and Android Auto plus being better quality. Hope this helps! Enjoy your new coach... safe travels.
Do you know if the backup camera is a Furrion? The reason for the ask is there aftermarket by Vision Works that would replace the that camera with a wireless camera and display that would use the Furrion bracket
Old 08-05-2021, 10:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooney 78865 View Post
I think all roller shades bump around! We ended up buying Velcro strips and used just the "fuzzy" side to make a bumper on the metal bottom of the shade. They still swing, but no more "clanking".
Thanks for the reply. I am sure this is the option we will look at as well. Our class c we sold did not have this issue as bad when rolled all the way up but they were a lot more fixed place.
Old 08-05-2021, 10:57 AM   #12
NXR

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I am sure this is the option we will look at as well. Our class c we sold did not have this issue as bad when rolled all the way up but they were a lot more fixed place.
Look up under the valance on an Irvine shade. There is a clear knob on one end of each shade. Turn that knob to adjust how far up it goes (the stop point).

Turn the black knob on the other end to adjust how fast it goes up.

I use the fuzzy piece of the Velcro on the driver area shades as well on the shades on the sides of the bed. It's easy to hit those while sleeping and wake up because of the BANG. All other shades are fully up when driving.

If you have not noticed, you can pull a shade down and set it so the metal bar at the bottom tucks behind the open/close knob. That will keep it from banging around.

Ray
Old 08-05-2021, 11:02 AM   #13
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdefrees View Post
Sony does have an input for a microphone like the ones we used in the past.
Is there a "not" missing from that sentence?

Ray
Old 08-05-2021, 11:05 AM   #14
NXR

Quote:
Do you know if the backup camera is a Furrion?
Does Furrion actually make anything themselves or just rebrand someone else's product?

In any event, I think it's an RVS camera. From a similar thread on the microphone: https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2606198

Ray
Old 08-05-2021, 11:17 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
Does Furrion actually make anything themselves or just rebrand someone else's product?

In any event, I think it's an RVS camera. From a similar thread on the microphone: https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2606198

Ray
Pretty much now days everything is rebranded. I own a seasoning company and our product is rebranded for other sellers(white label) I will check out the links great info as always
Old 08-05-2021, 11:40 AM   #16

Quote:
I just read yesterday that Furrion has been bought by Lippert.

CAMPING (n. CAM-ping) - When you walk the dog in your pajamas with a cup of coffee in one hand and a bag of dog poop in the other while striking up a conversation with total strangers.
PopFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 12:25 PM   #17
NXR

Quote:
Pretty much now days everything is rebranded.
We were checking out some high-dollar DP's at a show and I was shocked to see that the convection microwave in one looked precisely the same as the "Furrion" one we have but had the "High Pointe" name on it.

I'm not sure if that means we have a high-quality convection microwave or that DP has a low-quality convection microwave or we have a low-quality convection microwave with the same trim as a high-quality one, though.

https://burnstines.com/collections/v...=High%20Pointe

Ray
Old 08-05-2021, 12:27 PM   #18
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopFla View Post
I just read yesterday that Furrion has been bought by Lippert.
Oh, yeah: https://rvbusiness.com/lippert-enter...quire-furrion/

Ray
Old 08-06-2021, 08:39 AM   #19

Quote:
Look up under the valance on an Irvine shade. There is a clear knob on one end of each shade. Turn that knob to adjust how far up it goes (the stop point).

Turn the black knob on the other end to adjust how fast it goes up.

I use the fuzzy piece of the Velcro on the driver area shades as well on the shades on the sides of the bed. It's easy to hit those while sleeping and wake up because of the BANG. All other shades are fully up when driving.

If you have not noticed, you can pull a shade down and set it so the metal bar at the bottom tucks behind the open/close knob. That will keep it from banging around.

Ray
Ray the amount of knowledge you know and share is amazing. Looked of the shade and has a video how to adjust. Again thanks for what you do with this group.
Old 08-06-2021, 12:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Good info and a lot to learn. If the shades are all the way up to they still bank around a lot?
Yes, they seem to. They all hang down a bit.