Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2017, 10:44 PM   #1

Outside TV in 351

Hello all, Purchased my first Rv, 351DS and finally have it home. Been tent camping all my life until now. So, the outside tv is not connected to the DVD player mounted above the door. Since I have all the cabinets opened up because I needed to correct the outside radio wiring, has anyone put an HDMI splitter on the kitchen tv and run it to the outside TV? would be nice to watch DVD's outside with the kids. Seems fairly simple, just need to run the wiring through the cabinet somehow. Also, if anyone has advice I'm also trying to run power from the inverter to the kitchen TV so that it can be used by kids while driving without having to run the generator. Seems like i can splice into the residential fridge outlet and run power up to the TV. 2000 watt inverter should be able to handle both, not sure what flat panel tv is rated at but fridge is 110v at 8.5 amps would = to about 900 watts.
KEliasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:06 PM   #2

Thought about plugging tv into inverter by my 364 has to have the DVD player unit on and has home theatre integrated so figured it wouldn't work that well and I run the generator against my will.

As far as the outside tv a lot of folks have ran HDMI to it. You could also buy a cheap DVD player to hook up outside and just leave the hdmi cord hooked up in tv.

We bought the HDMI adapter for our phone and just Netflix or amazon prime movies onto the outside tv but obviously takes data and reception.
JLud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:03 AM   #3

You could use wireless hdmi receiver to outside tv. A bit pricey but works. If you bought model with 2 receivers you could put the other one in bedroom.
Were you able to access the patio Jensen radio from the cabinets?
Old 04-10-2017, 09:06 AM   #4

yes I was able to get to the Patio radio from under the cabinets,,,,sorta. My arms were too short to get both in there and work on what I needed. Plugged in USB extension and drilled an access hole behind the outside TV. Did training session with my 5 year old on plugging in and electrical taping wires and stuffed him in the hole and he did it all. Sent the wire outside into the Outside TV cabinet.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:07 AM   #5

Ok, so after taking apart the lower kitchen cabinets and trying to find how to run power from the inverter to the kitchen TV I have come to a roadblock. It seems as though all the power wiring runs through the ceiling to the tv area and nothing from the lower cabinets runs up to there. I am at a loss as to where to run the cable. anyone got any ideas????