Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2016, 11:53 AM   #1

P0300 code new information

I was having the P300 code ever since I brought the new unit home. It would only flash going down hill and would go away as soon as I pressed the gas pedal down. Took it to my local little Ford dealership and they found the battery had tw bad cells. Replaced the battery and the light went away for about 40 miles. Decided to take it to a real Ford truck dealership, one of the largest in the US and they test drove it and hooked it up to every machine they have and low and behold they found the Serpent belt was slipping so they replaced it then ran a Misfire Monitor Netural Profile Correction . Cleared the code and test drove it for about 40 miles and I drove it another 70 miles and no more light.

Here is the exact corrective action from their service report.

Retrieved DTC's replaced the FEAD belt and performed Misfire Monitor Neutral Profile Correction 0.3 hrs. Installed IDS Found Code P0300 Checked Oasis Found TSB-0122 Replaced SERP Belt Performed Misfire Monitor Neutral Profile Correction Cleared Codes Retest Operations OK.

Hope this will help those that are still batteling this problem.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:50 PM   #2

I have not had that issue at all with all my miles.
Maybe the belt got some oil on it from road or engine to make it slip.
Anyway thanks for the information as if it happens to me I will know its time to replace belt.
Thanks
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:54 PM   #3

The code was for misfires but the computer couldn't figure out which cylinders it was in. Looks like a bonus that they found the belt loose as that will strand you if it came off.

Happy camping

2014 Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra "Clifford"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:05 PM   #4

Actually the loose belt was the cause of the misfire code. Was not alliwing the alternator to put out proper voltage at low Rpm. They told me they have seen thus on a few F53 chassis,
Old 05-18-2016, 02:21 PM   #5

TSB 15-0122 actually states that the faulty FEAD belt will cause the CEL to come on and throw the P0300. Code. I am glad they knew how to check for TSB's because my local Ford dealer didn't have a clue.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:21 PM   #6

I think that my Local Ford Dealer doesn't have the knowledge or equipment to work on a F53 Chassis. I live in Killeen, TX and my closest Ford Dealer is 2.5 hours away, Bluebonnet Ford at New Braunfels, TX that has the capability to Engine Problems or Chassis Problems. The other in in Dallas, TX.