Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2020, 09:58 AM   #1
Btm

Pics of my moved wet bay openings

Took out both deck openings, added 1/4 in lexan to the floor and moved them to where they work correctly

Btm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	03662FEF-518F-43C7-9F28-8E2D10FF569E.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	306.8 KB
ID:	228314  
Btm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:04 AM   #2
NXR

You are one industrious dude, Btm.

My dump opening is almost in line with your black tank flush. I see you added an internal clear 90-degree elbow so your original dump connection must be further forward than mine. It looks like you relocated the shower head as well.

Have you tried removing the water filter with that piece of Lexan in place? I need to loosen the filter mounting screws so I can slide it up and then wrestle the filter out. That quarter-inch thick piece of Lexan and that would be a problem for me removing the filter. The loss of the ribbed depression would mean even more loss of vertical space for me.

What tool did you use to cut the new holes?

Ray
Old 05-04-2020, 12:35 PM   #3
Btm

I did relocate the shower head holder-- the plastic one broke and was going to be in the way of my new connections. I moved it to the far right wall using a spring type of broom holder. This location keeps it out of the way when using water or sewer connections.

I had enough of the original outlet location. The hose has come off twice during dumping!!!! And yes HOLY mess. The original dump connection was too close to the back wall--was offset to the side-- and was very hard to make a correct connection.

I had to take out the filter screws, twist and raise up the filter to get the Lexan in for the floor. Very stupid mounting of the filter--screws had to come out to remove filter before adding the Lexan.

When the drain Y is rotated horizontal and the clear 90deg. elbo is attached it made the outlet where it is now--also where I want it.

The deck plates were easy to remove. None of the original caulk (silicone ?) stuck to the compartment or deck plate. It just made a gasket seal.

After taking out the original deck plates I put the Lexan on the floor in the correct location and marked where the new holes were to be located. Then took it back out and cut the holes with a jig saw. I painted the UNDERNEATH side of the Lexan to match the compartment--now no scratches.

When I put the Lexan back in place I used 2 temporary bolts to keep it in place while cutting the holes in the compartment floor. I used a Dremel tool with a grout remover bit ( worked like a router )and finished any rough areas with a dremel drum sander.

I just used painters caulk under the Lexan and deck plates. I also bolted (#10) thru the deck plate, Lexan and compartment floor.

Btm
CHF rear, CHF front, Sumo springs front
Btm is offline   Reply With Quote