Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2020, 04:44 PM   #21

Since I have some of the pink issues on the ceiling I was curious about the thread. But it seems something is missing. Maybe I'm missing it.

you seem to have started with adhesive on the ceiling and then you end up with the whole roof replaced with water damage repairs.

Is there something missing? was the pink stuff due to water damage?
Old 02-11-2020, 05:28 PM   #22

Now I am not really sure why the ceiling is pink. It started as possibly being from glue residue and I did have earlier roof leaks. From there it just ballooned as it became clear several different problems seem to be related to each other. It all just recently came together yesterday while my coach was at the dealer, trying to get the ceiling panels replaced, when they started looking at it and found mold.
Tsjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 05:38 PM   #23

My theory is that if you have a roof water leak mixes with the glue causes the pink color staining.
May even be algae growth but not curtain.
It seem to happen more often in high humidity states with plenty of rain.

Like I said its my theory only.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:13 PM   #24

My new Forester eventually had to have the roof and ceiling replaced. I pulled back the soft ceiling at a seem and stuck my hand in - soaking wet. This even with dealer roof inspection and sealing twice a year.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 02:00 PM   #25

Btw roof had other problems, as well. I did not mean to scare you.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 01:22 PM   #26

On our 2018 GT had the roof removed and replaced by FR as part of a recall. They went from rubber to fiberglass.
Duneit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:54 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duneit View Post
On our 2018 GT had the roof removed and replaced by FR as part of a recall. They went from rubber to fiberglass.
How did everything work out? Satisfied?
Old 10-19-2020, 08:58 AM   #28

So the RV has been emptied and prepped for a return trip to the factory assembly line to get the entire roof replaced to address the leaks and damaged ceiling / cabinets due to water intrusion. Problem is associated with a factory recall. Really nervous about the work. Looks like we might get the RV back by April 2021.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:52 AM   #29

RV was just picked up this morning by the transport company,. Now we wait!
Old 01-26-2021, 04:59 PM   #30

***UPDATE***

Contact with Forest River today, work hasn't even started yet. Still getting parts in. No start date as if yet.
Old 05-05-2021, 09:52 PM   #31

*** UPDATE ***

Just got a call today about the RV, and it is done. I am amazed at the amount of work Forest River has put into my coach, and am thankful to them for standing behind their product. The next step is to decide whether to pickup the coach in Elkhart or have them deliver it back to me in Virginia. Though it will cost me time and money I am leaning towards picking it up myself, just feels to be the right choice. I am just so excited and looking forward to getting the coach back, it is just a tremendous relief.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1745.jpeg
Views:	64
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	253715

Tags
roo, roof