Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2016, 12:22 PM   #1

Possible New Georgetown

Wide open Question - I currently have a 25FKS TT - Great, especially with the modifications I made. "happen to visit an RV dealer when I had hours to kill and discovered the new small Class A. I looked at a few brands the dealership had, but was unimpressed compared to my TT! And the online reviews for Thor ACE and Jayco were horrible last night when I looked.

I viewed the flagstaff website and they have similar models.
In the FR3 model, considering: 25DS, 29DS, 32DS.
In the Georgetown only the 270S.
IN the Georgetown 3, only the 24W3.

I don't want a 40' (25'-32' max) .... bunks, gazillion beds, ... basically a motorized version of my 25FKS. It is just 2 of us, possible occasional guests, but mostly not.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated!
270S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:35 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Going from a pull behind to a class A is a step you need to consider all options of, and not just floor plans. One of the biggest being a transportation vehicle once you set up camp. I went from a 5er to a Georgetown, and love it.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:59 PM   #3

Size

Thanks for the reply. That is the main reason for 25'-32'. Plus they can tow 5-8K, but won't.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:42 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

May look at the Dynamax Isata also, if you haven't already.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:50 PM   #5

When I had the need for a heavy duty pickup anyway I loved my 37 ft Montana 5ver. No need for a tow. But the 38 ft MH is a better way to travel for me now. By the way, a MH over 38 is most likely a diesel and costs a lot more than a V10. My first MH was one of the shorter Georgetowns with smaller wheels and a bouncy ride. I used it for one trip and traded for a 38 footer with a king size bed, great ride, much bigger fridge and much larger bath room. The longer your trips and the more time you spend in it the more you appreciate the extra room. My Montana had four slides and the same amenities as my MH but I could not use the kitchen and bath excetera while rolling down the road. In the smaller MH, the smaller wheels and short wheel base result in a much less comfortable ride. You might be very surprised at the difference when you are behind the wheel for a long trip. My advice to anyone is get the biggest that you can comfortably afford. Once you got it you can not stretch it!
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:05 PM   #6

328 Georgetown

We went from a tt to Georgetown 328, 34 ft long and love it. Mainly 2 of us and 2 collies. We bought new in 2013 and have over 20,000 miles. First year we had some warranty issues which were fixed quickly but that seems normal. It is easy to drive both my husband I drive. We tow a Nissan versa under 3000 lbs. We did a trip with our family of 3 extra people to Destin and still had plenty of room. Good luck. We are not full timers but love to travel. Extra room is always nice. We really enjoy the 3 slides. Last summer we did a 6000 mile trip from Ky to west coast and it was really nice.
Donamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:55 PM   #7

We have a 270 and love it. Great for getting around. We do not pull a car. The only major thing we would change is the dinette. Although serviceable, it gets a little uncomfortable to sit on for long periods of time.

Dave & Michelle
2015 Georgetown 270SS
Calgary, Alberta
dhind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 08:55 PM   #8

We went with the 270, and ordered it with a couch as opposed to the dinette. It's just the two of us, and two Jack Russells. As we had looked at the 270 with a dinette, the couch is the only way to go. We tow a horse trailer with no problem, so a TOAD should be no problem.
Treedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:54 AM   #9
Casper

Smile New Georgetown

We have a 2015 328 and after 86 warranty issues were resolved we are beginning to like it.
Check it over with a fine tooth comb.
We went from a TT to a new class a and didn't have a clue about what to look for.
williamsgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:37 AM   #10

Ordered 270S

Thanks for replies. I decided on a 270S and ordered it yesterday. Fiberglass vs membrane roof, upgraded appliances, solid countertops, and Critical Under 30' were some of the deciding factors. I do love the somewhat better floorplan of the FR3 29DS and extra storage, but that is expected in a larger 31' RV... Both are great. It was a tight race, but the 270S was the better fit overall for me. Talk to all in the Georgetown Community after PDI. BTW, if anyone has a good PDI or items PDIs miss feel free to let me know. I'll started a new dedicated thread for posts here http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...0s-123101.html
Old 02-06-2017, 12:08 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treedoc View Post
We went with the 270, and ordered it with a couch as opposed to the dinette. It's just the two of us, and two Jack Russells. As we had looked at the 270 with a dinette, the couch is the only way to go. We tow a horse trailer with no problem, so a TOAD should be no problem.
We are looking at the 270 or the georgetown 24w. We don't need big either..can't store it at home and just don't need the space. Tell me how you are liking your 270, please!! We would also order with a couch. I really don't know why so many manufacturers opt for a dinette instead of a couch if given the choice The 24w doesn't have that option, although we like the floor plan of that one. I suppose we could switch it out for a couch on our own...but that's a pretty price to pay to rip something apart. Please share your likes/dislikes of the 270.

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4
Me, Hubby and Luna the Lab
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown