Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2020, 08:57 PM   #1

Precision circuits

I have a 2020 34m5
The precision touch pad is not unlocking when pressed. Any other way to turn on the water pump or the A/C ?
Brettntexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:50 PM   #2
NXR

Are you able to turn ALL power off to reboot the system and see if it starts working?

If not, each corner of the touchscreen has a small slot on the sides and you can use a small screwdriver to pry each corner off. Unscrew the screw you'll find in each corner and pull the panel towards you. There is one cable plugged into the back but two jacks. Note which jack the cable is plugged into. Remove the cable for about ten seconds and then plug it back in to reboot the panel.

Have you already downloaded and installed the phone app? If not, you do need a functioning touchscreen to pair it by Bluetooth so that won't help you now.

You may be able to turn them on using the buttons on the master panel. It has some arrow buttons on it with a round button in the center. Use the arrows to move around the menus and they are fairly self-explanatory. You can manually run some of the functions from that panel. Mine will not run the water pump that I recall but yours may because it's a later model.

HTH,

Ray
Old 04-17-2020, 09:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
Are you able to turn ALL power off to reboot the system and see if it starts working?

If not, each corner of the touchscreen has a small slot on the sides and you can use a small screwdriver to pry each corner off. Unscrew the screw you'll find in each corner and pull the panel towards you. There is one cable plugged into the back but two jacks. Note which jack the cable is plugged into. Remove the cable for about ten seconds and then plug it back in to reboot the panel.

Have you already downloaded and installed the phone app? If not, you do need a functioning touchscreen to pair it by Bluetooth so that won't help you now.

You may be able to turn them on using the buttons on the master panel. It has some arrow buttons on it with a round button in the center. Use the arrows to move around the menus and they are fairly self-explanatory. You can manually run some of the functions from that panel. Mine will not run the water pump that I recall but yours may because it's a later model.

HTH,

Ray

Yes I have rebooted it didn’t work
My phone app will put in/out the slides and start the generator however it doesn’t work the a/c or water pump
I will unscrews the face of the panel and see if unplugging it works
Thanks
Ps this is the second panel face I’ve replaced
Old 04-17-2020, 10:02 PM   #4
NXR

My phone app will work the water pump. The icon looks like a big drop of water with a flame inside it on the bottom row on my version.

When you rebooted, did you see the touchscreen running through its bootup? If so disconnecting the touchscreen probably will not help.

Ray
Old 04-17-2020, 10:05 PM   #5

Quote:
My phone app will work the water pump. The icon looks like a big drop of water with a flame inside it on the bottom row on my version.

When you rebooted, did you see the touchscreen running through its bootup? If so disconnecting the touchscreen probably will not help.

Ray

When I touch the water drop on my phone app the app closes and returns to my phone screen
Old 04-17-2020, 10:08 PM   #6
NXR

Android 10? One of the functions on my app started doing that after the update from Android 9 to 10 but I don't remember which one.

Ray
Old 04-17-2020, 10:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Android 10? One of the functions on my app started doing that after the update from Android 9 to 10 but I don't remember which one.

Ray

iPhone 10
Old 04-17-2020, 10:40 PM   #8

I had my iPhone app cause problems before. I had to delete it and reinstall it to correct that. I thought you could run the water pump from the Precision Circuits Master panel which controls the low voltage accessories. You can pair your phone with it at the panel if you can't access the touchscreen module assuming it is set up the same as mine if you want to try a reinstall.

Not sure how the temp sensors interface with the a/c's so no help there. My 34H5 has regular thermostats. Unfortunately, it's getting a touch up paint job and is at the shop so I can't check it at the moment.
TominVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 10:40 PM   #9
NXR

Try contacting Precision Circuits directly at https://precisioncircuitsinc.com/contact-us/

Their "tech" email address was rejecting emails a while back but their phones probably still work. Maybe the email is fixed by now.

They've always responded promptly with me.

Ray
Old 04-17-2020, 10:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominVegas View Post
I had my iPhone app cause problems before. I had to delete it and reinstall it to correct that. I thought you could run the water pump from the Precision Circuits Master panel which controls the low voltage accessories. You can pair your phone with it at the panel if you can't access the touchscreen module assuming it is set up the same as mine if you want to try a reinstall.

Not sure how the temp sensors interface with the a/c's so no help there. My 34H5 has regular thermostats. Unfortunately, it's getting a touch up paint job and is at the shop so I can't check it at the moment.

Yes I looked at the master panel and no water pump and no A/C listed on the digital display
Old 04-17-2020, 10:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Try contacting Precision Circuits directly at https://precisioncircuitsinc.com/contact-us/

Their "tech" email address was rejecting emails a while back but their phones probably still work. Maybe the email is fixed by now.

They've always responded promptly with me.

Ray

Thanks I’ll give them a call
Old 04-17-2020, 10:47 PM   #12
NXR

If the "tech" email address is working again, they've responded even on weekends.

Ray
Old 04-17-2020, 10:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettntexas View Post
Yes I looked at the master panel and no water pump and no A/C listed on the digital display
Shows you how good my memory is! Please let us know what the issue was when you get it sorted out. Best of luck!
Old 07-20-2020, 02:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettntexas View Post
Thanks I’ll give them a call
Curious to hear the solution from the manufacturer.
Hopefully you found the problem.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 05:44 PM   #15

Let me add to the issue about controlling the water features from the apps. I too have similar results when trying to control precision plex from my phone (android) or Ipad. The panel appears the same as it does on the panel in the coach on both devices with the app open. However, as soon as I press any of the water features (water heater or pump) the app closes immediately and takes me back to the start screen.....BTW, you can pair your phone/ipad to the coach by using the main control panel in the closet. Cycle the down arrow until you get to the pairing option.
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara w/ RVi3 Brake Control
centurion493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 06:40 PM   #16
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by centurion493 View Post
However, as soon as I press any of the water features (water heater or pump) the app closes immediately and takes me back to the start screen....
That started happening on my iPad months ago but my Android phone works fine. I just put a note on the App store review about this.

Ray
Old 07-22-2020, 08:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by centurion493 View Post
However, as soon as I press any of the water features (water heater or pump) the app closes immediately and takes me back to the start screen.....
Mine was working fine last month, but now it is doing the same thing.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:35 PM   #18
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominVegas View Post
Mine was working fine last month, but now it is doing the same thing.
Apple or Android?

Ray
Old 07-22-2020, 08:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Apple or Android?

Ray
Ooops... mine is the Apple version on my iPhone. I am going to email them.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:56 PM   #20

Must be the Russians! Wish ya’ll luck in getting your issues figured out. DW has been talking new coach with bath and 1/2 layout. Think I’m gonna push to keep Matilda a bit longer with all her $3 switches that turn tihngs on and off.