Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2023, 02:16 PM   #1

Precision Plex: Slim Rack in out stop programming

Anybody have any idea on how to program the in and out stop points on a SlimRack slide-out system when you have a Precision Plex panel?

2022 GT5 bedroom slide needs to be reset.
TwoFlags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 03:40 PM   #2
NXR

The same way you do it with the pushbuttons. This also programs the stops:

To keep the SlimRack slide motors in sync perform this procedure periodically:

Once the slide is fully out or fully in, release that button and then press and hold the same button again. If the motors are in sync you'll hear a "whir"and then a "click" briefly from each motor (one on each side of each slide) and you'll see the slide barely move. Once you hear the click from each motor release the button. Then do it one more time.

This needs done with the slide fully in AND with the slide fully out but it does not matter which one you do first. Don't worry, you cannot push the slide through the wall.

When my motors are starting to get out of sync the "whir" will last longer on one side and sometimes I'll hear a "whine" instead so I just keep the button pushed. Once you hear the "click" from each motor they're in sync.

If you do not hear the "click" after about five or so seconds and there is no noise or movement from the slide release the button. The "click" is not very loud and you probably missed it.

What does "periodically" mean? There is no harm in doing it every few slide operations. Just be certain to do it often enough that you don't see any problems like a crooked slide.

Ray
Old 05-21-2023, 04:53 PM   #3

Thanks, Ray. I’ll give that a try.
Old 05-28-2023, 08:10 AM   #4

I don't know. This isn't working for me. I've done it several times, but still, the slide stops in one-second intervals. And it's moving in and out at an angle. Takes a long time to get it to open or close flush.
Old 05-28-2023, 09:05 AM   #5
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFlags View Post
I don't know. This isn't working for me. I've done it several times, but still, the slide stops in one-second intervals. And it's moving in and out at an angle. Takes a long time to get it to open or close flush.
Might I suggest that you mention all of the symptoms the next time?

It sounds like the slide controller has gone into Emergency Jog Mode:

NOTE: For major faults, the controller will automatically enter "Emergency Jog" mode when motor movement is not detected by the controller in either direction during slide-out room activation.

When in "Emergency Jog" mode, the controller will jog both motors in the direction the rocker switch is pressed (IN or OUT). The rocker switch may need to be pressed multiple times to fully retract or extend the slide-out room.

You have a touchscreen instead of rocker switches.

If you want to continue to troubleshoot this yourself to perhaps avoid the pain, aggravation, and delays associated with dealers (which I would suggest) here's the next step:

There is a slide controller box for each slide and it is located in a basement compartment underneath each slide. The slide controller is protected by a plastic square-ish cover that is screwed to the ceiling.

Remove that cover.

The slide controller has some plugs on it but more importantly it has a red LED and a green LED. Those LEDs will blink out a specific pattern for specific faults. You need to try to run the slide while someone attempts to run the slide. (I do not know how long the lights will remain blinking after the button is released.)

Once we know the fault code being detected we know what the next steps might be.

As an aside, if I ever need to remove one of those plastic covers I am going to drill a small hole in the side facing the basement compartment door so I can see the flashing LEDs the next time without needing to be a contortionist and removing the cover. Drilling a hole with the cover removed will not void any warranty but if you drill the hole with the cover installed and drill a hole in the controller by accident, yeah, you're paying for that.

Ray

PS: Since there are different slide controller part numbers, once you have the cover off write down the slide controller part number you have and post it as well.

PPS: I attached a Lippert PDF that shows how to reset the slide controller if it gets "confused". I do not know how comfortable you will be with following that procedure but it may be of interest anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SlimRack Auto Controller.PNG
Views:	24
Size:	732.3 KB
ID:	287771   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide Error Codes.PNG
Views:	39
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	287772  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Control Box Reset Procedure.pdf (142.4 KB, 59 views)
Old 05-28-2023, 09:54 AM   #6

Excellent information, Ray. I'll see where all this leads me. Thank you so much.
Old 05-28-2023, 11:14 AM   #7

It’s model number 697096. Access is pretty easy. I unplugged the power but can’t jump the IN connection to the OUT connection. No module receptacle on the OUT position. The error is definitely the stops aren’t programmed but I can’t clear the error code.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/YYMXShHyRIiU5N3CFGnG3A.nnqWKnKSrheB1BwVhqf7_i
Old 05-28-2023, 11:26 AM   #8
NXR

Give this YouTube video try. It's for the same problem with the same part number controller. No wire jumping needed. You won't have the rocker switches because you have a touchscreen. Same difference.

Ray

Tags
ram