Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2022, 02:11 PM   #1

Progress 2022 Georgetown GT5 34H5 ordered Aug 2021

For folks whom have ordered a 2022 GT5 34H5 like myself I have an email from Chad Defrees, Forest River Rep of good progress in my coaches delivery date to our dealer MHSRV.
Our order for the GT5 34H5 was placed August 26 2021. Chad has been very responsive and helpful over the last 5 months keeping Donna and myself appraised of the build status, including delays, parts shortages and so much more. This communication has been greatly appreciated as we wait for our coach as it goes through the manufacturing process.
January 5, 2022 our coach was through manufacturing but some part issue in the paint booth had our coach number 22 in line for paint. The email I received from Chad today said our coach is going through the paint booth this week! We are super excited and wanted to share the news in case you have been waiting as well.
This puts the delivery date to Alvarado some where at the end of February.
MHSRV will allow us several days & nights to complete our PDI and orientation before leaving the dealership. In preparation for the PDI/orientation I do not believe I have missed a single post from all of this forums knowledgeable members over the last 5 months taking notes as we go in preparation for delivery! I also received “The TRAVELER” sheet from Chad what lists all “actual” components, appliances,electrical,hydraulic that have been installed on our coach. This has been very helpful in studying up owners manuals,maintenance manuals and a good understanding of each system on these “houses on wheels”.
Ill post again as we get our actual delivery date and take possession of our new coach,this will kick off our new PT RV adventures as we plan for our retirement.
Happy RVing!
John
Akflier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 04:58 PM   #2
Commercial Member

John,

Thanks for the kind words! It's been a pleasure working with you over the last few months. I look forward to sending you an update again soon. Let me know if you need anything else as you know how to reach me.
Cdefrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 06:40 PM   #3
NXR

So about six months versus three months when we ordered the same model in early 2019. That's actually a lot better than I would have expected.

I did hear from an FR employee that a salesperson now goes through all new Georgetowns after everyone else has said it's ready to go. Apparently that "new set of eyes" is helping eliminate some things that otherwise could have slipped through.

And Chad does not wear glasses so you've got that going for you.

Ray
Old 01-31-2022, 07:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akflier View Post
For folks whom have ordered a 2022 GT5 34H5 like myself I have an email from Chad Defrees, Forest River Rep of good progress in my coaches delivery date to our dealer MHSRV.
Our order for the GT5 34H5 was placed August 26 2021. Chad has been very responsive and helpful over the last 5 months keeping Donna and myself appraised of the build status, including delays, parts shortages and so much more. This communication has been greatly appreciated as we wait for our coach as it goes through the manufacturing process.
January 5, 2022 our coach was through manufacturing but some part issue in the paint booth had our coach number 22 in line for paint. The email I received from Chad today said our coach is going through the paint booth this week! We are super excited and wanted to share the news in case you have been waiting as well.
MHSRV will allow us several days & nights to complete our PDI and orientation before leaving the dealership. In preparation for the PDI/orientation I do not believe I have missed a single post from all of this forums knowledgeable members over the last 5 months taking notes as we go in preparation for delivery! I also received “The TRAVELER” sheet from Chad what lists all “actual” components, appliances,electrical,hydraulic that have been installed on our coach. This has been very helpful in studying up owners manuals,maintenance manuals and a good understanding of each system on these “houses on wheels”.
Ill post again as we get our actual delivery date and take possession of our new coach,this will kick off our new PT RV adventures as we plan for our retirement.
Happy RVing!
John
How exciting and good for you! Sounds like they have good people working you through the process. Our XL378 has been super dependable, and we couldn't be happier. Welcome to the asylum and happy RVing!
Mooney 78865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 10:19 PM   #5

Thank you Mooney,its good to be part of the FR group!
Akflier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 05:00 PM   #6

Chad also answered all my questions

On my GT7 36d7.

Jimbo
Jc4ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 07:51 PM   #7

Quote:
MHSRV will allow us several days & nights to complete our PDI and orientation before leaving the dealership.
Congratulations!
We bought our rig from MHSRV several years ago and the only thing we didn't like was that they tried to get us to sign the financing/purchase without fixing problems that they should have fixed before we got there. Since we live 300 miles south, we wanted all problems fixed before we signed. We went back the next day, the problems were fixed, we signed the papers and spent the night in their lot and headed home the next day. (We didn't have time to spend several days.)

We're not picky, but the rig had propane problems which they traced to a kinked line. We can fix glue and screws coming off, but really needed the stove, water heater (tankless) and refrigerator to work on propane.
Other than that, we had a good experience with them.
Old 02-01-2022, 08:11 PM   #8

Glad to hear you got a good

Experience with the folks in Alvarado Texas. Mine was not pleasant at all.
1. Extremely low ball offer on the trade in then the salesman states “and it will cost you another 5,000 off that trade in price because that is what the dealership says it cost to put any unit into trade condition”.
2. Now we just (last Friday) purchased our 36d7 with an interest rate of 3.85 when there best was 6.87
3. Salesmen within 30 seconds on the phone wanted me to give him 5,000 Non-refundable deposit. That was before we came to any agreement on price or talk about trade in.
Again glad your all happy with them but I’ll continue to tell people to run from this stealership.
Before you get ahead and ask my wife and I have 800 credit scores make 185.000 and zero bills.
From start to finish I felt insulted by the salesman and their financing department. I was born at night but it wasn’t last night!!!!
Your mileage will vary

Jimbo
Jc4ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 11:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Happy RVing!
John
Frist off congrats on your new coach!

We picked up our GT7 back in November from MHRVS and have no complaints. Everyone was great and the service department addressed anything I brought up no matter how small. I asked to walk the roof and they told me well insurance kind of frowns on that but to go ahead its your coach. They even walked the roof with me and explained what everything was. I have no complaints from start to finish with MHRVS and will taking our coach back to them for additional warranty work

I agree with you on Chad keeping you updated on the progress of your coach being built and he even sent pics. It really was helpful to know that progress was being made

It took 6 months for ours to be built and did have one big issue that "I found" with the bedroom slide that had to be addressed. It took several weeks since the part had to come from Lippert. A few minor other things which was addressed at he MHRVS

Take your time stay in the the RV park and run through everything. Run off shore power for a day or so then run at least 1/2 a day off generator. I created a 100+ line spread sheet to check things and still missed stuff.

After you get out there using it some other stuff will show up and that's just part of it. We sold our Class C a year ago that was 10 years old and even 10 years ago we found issues when we purchased it. Try to enjoy the process, its all part of it and the most important thing is have out on the road. Safe travels
KRMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 12:08 PM   #10
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRMann
... and did have one big issue that "I found" with the bedroom slide that had to be addressed. It took several weeks since the part had to come from Lippert.
Since all newer Georgetowns (except the XL) use the Lippert SlimRack slide system on all slides, can you elaborate on that problem? What was the symptom and the fix?

Ray
Old 02-06-2022, 02:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
Since all newer Georgetowns (except the XL) use the Lippert SlimRack slide system on all slides, can you elaborate on that problem? What was the symptom and the fix?

Ray
See if I can summarize.

When inspecting the coach I noticed the bedroom awning topper was not tight on the left side and was laying against against the top of the slide. The left side was normal. They tried to adjust the topper but would not go tight.

Tech measured the the slide and notice it was not square or within specs. Went inside and we notice the side with the loose awning was not flush against the outside of the coach when extended out. We are talking about 4-5 inches. The other side was fine and flush against the outside of the coach. The slide would be fine coming in with both on the outside being flushed. It was only when extending the slide out it would get out of square. I was told there is very little tolerance being out of square 1/16th of inch.

They went through the Precession Plex to make adjustments to the slide going in and out but nothing with get the that one side to go flush once extended.

They replaced the controller under the slide in the basement same thing. Thinking was the controller was bad.

MHRVS working with FR & Lippert it was determined that slide mechanism needed to be replaced. The whole damn thing both sides. What is unsure if mechanism was not square when manufactured(hard to believe was not square or others from that manufacturing run would have issues) or was not square once installed. They replaced both sides, both motors, all seals it was the whole thing. The Slim rack was dropped shipped from Lippert to MHRVS and took 2 weeks. Seems to working fine now but have list of warranty stuff since we have been using the coach and they told me they would do full inspection of Slim Rack once I come back.

Was disappointed but does not do any good to get all pissed off. Everyone was doing what they could to correct the issue. We could use it just but was not right and long term would jacked some some stuff up.

Dang pics are sideways no way to correct with this forum software. But if you look you can see the gear rack is bowed out and the bottom was really bad and not sure how it did not pop off.

I guess that was not summarizing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211116_112744.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	268572   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211116_101444.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	268573   Click image for larger version

Name:	273499210_10227963812110860_2805238018722833397_n.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	268574   Click image for larger version

Name:	273539611_10227963812270864_678099186393208609_n.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	295.9 KB
ID:	268575  
Old 02-06-2022, 08:50 PM   #12
NXR

These may be upside down; I don't know.

OK, so it was not a failure after you took delivery as such but was obviously bad from the start.

Did the slides have to be removed to replace the mechanism or could they replace it while the slide was still in the motorhome? There isn't much space in that area...

It's actually not wrong to see the rack bowed out or in, per Lippert. I had that happen on some of mine after a while. The Lippert tech explained that the motorhome could be off-level a bit and that will cause the bowing. It's not considered a defect. This trip all of mine look good.

Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic1a.PNG
Views:	48
Size:	537.2 KB
ID:	268588   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic2A.PNG
Views:	44
Size:	669.4 KB
ID:	268589  
Old 02-06-2022, 10:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
These may be upside down; I don't know.

OK, so it was not a failure after you took delivery as such but was obviously bad from the start.

Did the slides have to be removed to replace the mechanism or could they replace it while the slide was still in the motorhome? There isn't much space in that area...

It's actually not wrong to see the rack bowed out or in, per Lippert. I had that happen on some of mine after a while. The Lippert tech explained that the motorhome could be off-level a bit and that will cause the bowing. It's not considered a defect. This trip all of mine look good.

Ray
The pictures are correct you are looking from the inside out. The slide is all the way in.

They did not have to remove the slide. The slide was all the way out as they replace one side then the other. Good to know about the bowing. That is on my checklist for the warranty work coming up.
Old 02-18-2022, 05:09 PM   #14

We took delivery of our 2022 GT7 36K7 in September, after a seven month wait. Some minor issues and missing parts were noted during PDI, but I took delivery, as I trusted the dealer (Alpin Haus RV. Amsterdam, NY). We brought it home, leveled it and opened it up to load it with our camping gear). When we were done loading and ready to put it away for the winter, the aft motor of the bedroom slide was inop and the slide would not retract. Alpin Haus sent a tech to the house and we removed the motor and got it to function. We re-assembled and retracted the slide. The tech told me he would order the motor and would let me know when to bring it back for repair. I brought it back to Alpin Haus in early January and it is still there. I haven’t checked with them for a progress report, but I’m assuming the slim rack assembly required replacement.
mhaskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 07:51 PM   #15
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaskell
I brought it back to Alpin Haus in early January and it is still there. I haven’t checked with them for a progress report, but I’m assuming the slim rack assembly required replacement.
Me, I'd make the call. Many dealers assume that if the owner does not care to check on it, why should they work on it when there are other owners who do bug them.

Ray
Old 02-21-2022, 07:37 AM   #16

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. I would call.
loyda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2021, georgetown, tow