Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2020, 12:37 AM   #1

Project 2000 bed

Hello all! We are first time RV owners and new to this group. We purchased a 2016 Forest River Georgetown 30X3 Class A about two weeks ago. Today I was raising the Project 2000 bunk over the cab (raises and lowers electronically over driver and passenger seat) when the bed stopped about 3” from the ceiling. It seemed that I lost power- it wouldn’t go up or down. Thought maybe a fuse issue, but I couldn’t find an accessible fuse-and no designated fuse in the RV fuse box. I disassembled the cover over the motor and lift mechanism and again no fuse and no visible sensor. Googled the bed, and the ‘control box’ is from Italy. Has anyone experienced problems like this? Any suggestions as to what the fix might be?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1991.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	283.2 KB
ID:	228730
Rkewest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 06:38 AM   #2

Check for voltage at the switch.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:11 AM   #3

I don't have your model GT but I think I remember reading that the bunk fuse is located where the coach batteries are at. It may be one of the inline fuses at that location. Here's a GT3 install:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019 GT3 BCC.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	228734  
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 12:40 PM   #4
NXR

FYI, it's new name is "Euro Loft" and owned by LCI (Lippert). https://www.lci1.com/euro-loft-bed-lift-by-project-2000

Do you have the little "seat belt" on one side to keep the bed from falling on the driver and passenger? If so, there is a microswitch inside that removes the electrical power when the belt is fastened. There may be a problem with that switch.

There's supposed to be an allen-type "socket" on the motor mechanism that is used to run the bed up and down manually in an emergency. If you were given something that has a small wheel on it and a 4" or so long hex-shaped shaft, that is the tool to manually raise and lower the bed. Otherwise you could use a socket set.

Some manufacturers drill a small home in the plastic cover over the motor mechanism to insert that tool so you can raise and lower the bed without removing the plastic cover. Ours does not have that hole so I'll probably drill one when I get really bored.

Ray
Old 05-11-2020, 09:29 AM   #5

Project 2000 bed

The previous 2 posters were correct. LCI is now the owner of the company that manufactures these beds and yes there is an inline fuses for the bed in the battery compartment. If the fuse is not blown and the “seatbelt” switch is functioning properly you can manually raise the bed. My coach came with the below pictured tool that you can insert in to the bed mechanism to raise it manually.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	820CD486-10A4-4E4F-ACC0-CD3BD637CB55.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	266.0 KB
ID:	228806  
Old 05-11-2020, 09:34 AM   #6

Project 2000 bed

Here is a YouTube video that shows the manual lift for the bed. It is a Jayco RV but the mechanism is the same.

https://youtu.be/JJy0ajSDnZ0
Old 05-11-2020, 11:55 AM   #7
NXR

As an aside, after months of ownership I found the Euro Loft strap installation was not done properly on ours. I lifted the mattress to put the sheets on for the first time and saw that the lift strap at the front of the coach had a twist in it. I mean, really? It was 100% obvious. So yet another item hits the warranty write-up list. <sigh>

That thing also bangs on the passenger side when driving because the screws holding the guide channel into the side wall wood were stripped. The dealer had fixed that once before somehow but they're fixing it again.

During our PDI it was immediately obvious that the driver side vertical channel was way off-level. As soon as you walked in the door with the slide out you could see it was tilted with respect to the slide trim. The dealer was able to reposition the channel and barely keep the original screw holes covered by the channel.

So three defects on what should have been a simple installation.

Ray

Tags
bed