Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2018, 03:41 PM   #1

Proper AC drainage

I purchased a used 2012 Georgetown 378ts. Once you level the coach is it designed to specifically drain the AC water in a particular corner of the MH?
ie: when utilizing the 'auto' level in this coach the AC water always runs off the front driver's side.
Thanks for any input.
mtc78260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:28 PM   #2

The gutter runs the entire length on both sides so, no.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:10 PM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

My choice?

I level our rig so that the front is always just a little high. Not enough to feel like you’re walking uphill, but higher than the rear. The reason being that if there is going to be any draining from the A/C, or from rain, I’d prefer it drain to the rear of the rig because my outdoor living is along the side but closer to the front, therefore it may stay drier there.

It doesn’t take much to cause drainage to the rear every time.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:27 AM   #4

We have a 378 and when leveled the front ac drains to the front and the rear ac drains off the rear of the coach. With all the stuff mounted on the top of the unit there is no way the front ac will drain off the rear. You have the bath skylight on the drivers side rear and the refer roof vent, mounts for the awning and the bath vent that catch’s the water and it pools if you elevate the front and try to drain the front ac to the rear.

We sit out all the time and ac water dripping never is a problem if your concerned with getting wet. Welcome to the forum and enjoy your 378.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 01:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimF View Post
We have a 378 and when leveled the front ac drains to the front and the rear ac drains off the rear of the coach. With all the stuff mounted on the top of the unit there is no way the front ac will drain off the rear. You have the bath skylight on the drivers side rear and the refer roof vent, mounts for the awning and the bath vent that catch’s the water and it pools if you elevate the front and try to drain the front ac to the rear.

We sit out all the time and ac water dripping never is a problem if your concerned with getting wet. Welcome to the forum and enjoy your 378.
100% false news - See pics. Drainage is 100% related to level of vehicle - Fwd vs Aft. Left vs Right. Same Ac in both pics draining aft driver side and passenger side, then See Thread on leveling where it was draining fwd requiring jacks to change it back to draining aft instead of forward. http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...nd-158856.html

FYI, FR installed internal defective fwd AC causing roof, side, driveway rust stains!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roof Driver.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	170818   Click image for larger version

Name:	Roof Pax.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	170819   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jack 01.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	170820  
270S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 02:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270S View Post
100% false news - See pics. Drainage is 100% related to level of vehicle - Fwd vs Aft. Left vs Right. Same Ac in both pics draining aft driver side and passenger side, then See Thread on leveling where it was draining fwd requiring jacks to change it back to draining aft instead of forward. http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...nd-158856.html

FYI, FR installed internal defective fwd AC causing roof, side, driveway rust stains!!!

And you don’t have a 378 and offer a strong opinion on something your not qualified to comment on, pictures and all.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 02:51 PM   #7

I guess gravity doesn't apply to 378s - Sorry, my bad .I guess I can unsubscribe and stop trying to assist others. Chiao.
270S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain