Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2015, 08:50 AM   #1

PROwatt SW 1000

I'm assuming this is a bad sign but thought I'd throw it out to the collective wisdom of this group! I pulled out my 351DS to drive down to FL for a marathon that I'm running at Disney this coming weekend. It's in my driveway and I wanted to start up the residential fridge so you have to make sure the inverter is on. When I press the On/Off by the steps, it would light up but not turn on. So, I went into where the inverter was at (thinking maybe it was tripped because it ALWAYS does!) and there appeared to be zero power to it. (the red LED wasn't lit up in front).

I've plugged into shore power thinking maybe there wasn't enough juice in my batteries but I'm thinking I may have a dead inverter on my hands. Any thoughts?

https://curban.smugmug.com/Urban-Fami...rgetown-351DSF
ChrisMSNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 09:15 AM   #2

I would check to see if you have any power from batteries on input side of inverter. Also did you try the power button directly on inverter face? You mentioned it always trips. Were you having trouble before? Our inverter has never tripped from use. Issue we had was a black tank flush leak that caused water to get all over inverter and fried it. It was replaced under warranty. But I do recall the remote switch not working when it got the water damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 01-07-2015, 08:13 PM   #3

The troubleshooting section in the manual mentions a blown fuse if there are no indicators on. Says it needs to be replaced by a qualified technician. If you think you might have to replace it anyway might not hurt to open it up and check if you are handy at that type of thing.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:34 PM   #4

Had a power inverter at home taken out by lightning. Figured I would check fuses. Opened it up and couldn't believe how many fuses it had. Tried to get to fuses to check. Disassembled it. No way to reassemble. Tossed it in trash. Maybe your brand is easier to work on. Can't be worse.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2012 Crusader 290RLT
2010 Ford F-250 King Cab Diesel
Harley Davidson Edition
jriddering is offline   Reply With Quote