RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 11-26-2020, 03:39 AM   #1

Questions about New 2021 GT5 34H5

Hi all,

I just ordered our new GT5 34H5 and I have few questions...

Is anyone have pictures of the interior Stone color ?

The King size bed is 72 x 80 and by what height?

Is the Dash Entertainment system includes Apple CarPlay ?

Thank you for your response,

Norm,
NormS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 10:45 AM   #2
NXR

Presuming our 2020 GT5 34H5 is pretty much the same:

The mattress is about 8" thick and the top of the mattress is about 25" off the floor. We both prefer a firm mattress and this one feels really good to both of us.

If you have the same Jensen XRV10 10.1" display used in 2020's, no, it does not have Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

However, it does have Bluetooth and we stream SiriusXM from a phone to the Jensen. One thing we've noted on ours is that the phone does not automatically pair up sometimes. To fix it, we just turn Bluetooth off on the Jensen touchscreen and immediately turn it back on and then it reconnects fine.

There is an MHL (mobile HDMI) cable on ours stuffed behind the radio and MHL is selectable from the Jensen touchscreen. I think the 2021 brought that cable to a jack on the front panel per LaLaLisa but they have a GT7, not a GT5. In any event, if there is an adapter cable for your iPhone to MHL and you have the Jensen XRV10 you could try that.

This is the manual for ours: https://www.asaelectronics.com/downl...v10_stereo.pdf

We have a tan interior so I have no idea on the color. We did see it at an RV show, I think, and I liked the gray cockpit a lot better than the tan one we have. I think the floor linoleum also was a bit more gray and looked good to me.

HTH,

Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	275.5 KB
ID:	243675  
Old 11-30-2020, 09:18 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormS View Post
Hi all,

I just ordered our new GT5 34H5 and I have few questions...

Is anyone have pictures of the interior Stone color ?

The King size bed is 72 x 80 and by what height?

Is the Dash Entertainment system includes Apple CarPlay ?

Thank you for your response,

Norm,
Norm,

Here is the link for the updated 34H5 with Stone Interior for you to review. Please keep in mind that the color of the fabric is darker than it appears. It's more of a grey! https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=botexFXmVgj

The King size bed Height is 7"

We are using a NEW Sony radio which has Apple car play. Here is a link from Crutchfield for you to review. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_158XAV...AV-AX8000.html

Hope this helps! Have a great week
Cdefrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 10:05 AM   #4
NXR

Quote:
We are using a NEW Sony radio which has Apple car play. Here is a link from Crutchfield for you to review. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_158XAV...AV-AX8000.html
Nice. Are you somehow automatically switching the single rear-view camera input so it can display all three cameras? Or is there just one camera now?

Ray
Old 11-30-2020, 10:14 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Nothing has changed for the cameras as it displays the backup camera when in reverse and shows the side when you have the turn signals on. I think this is what you are asking????
Cdefrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 01:06 PM   #6
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdefrees View Post
Nothing has changed for the cameras as it displays the backup camera when in reverse and shows the side when you have the turn signals on. I think this is what you are asking????
Yes. I thought the Jensen XRV10 had three discrete camera inputs and it did not look like that Sony does.

Ray
Old 12-09-2020, 09:00 PM   #7

XR10

NXR, re the camera cables of the XR10. Yes, there are three separate cables attachments back there. One each for the side views and one for the rear. However, the switching must program code activated within the device by the turn signal and reverse selection because it is as described above. Rear when in reverse, and each side with the matching turn signal. It switches automatically between cameras as needed. Very early on, I had to pull the radio and send it in for replacement under warranty which is when I dealt with the three camera cables and other assorted connections in the back. I have not seen or heard of any way to select a specific camera independently except for the rear camera select button which changes with reverse gear selection. I do know that there are additional HDMI/Video cables back there as well that are not attached to anything. My radio/camera etc works fine. I am just figuring out how to 3D print a wedge that will fit on the right side of it to slant the screen towards the driver seat. Hard to see now as you know since it faces straight back.
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara w/ RVi3 Brake Control
centurion493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 09:58 PM   #8
NXR

Quote:
I have not seen or heard of any way to select a specific camera independently except for the rear camera select button which changes with reverse gear selection.
That's pretty easy, actually. Just touch the Jensen XRV10 screen when on the camera and a menu pops up at the bottom that lets you select any of the three cameras.

Quote:
I do know that there are additional HDMI/Video cables back there as well that are not attached to anything.
The HDMI one actually is an MHL Mobile Hi-Definition Link.

Quote:
My radio/camera etc works fine. I am just figuring out how to 3D print a wedge that will fit on the right side of it to slant the screen towards the driver seat. Hard to see now as you know since it faces straight back.
I just put a laptop glare filter on the XRV10 and it made a dramatic difference in the camera.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...er-195815.html

Ray
Old 12-09-2020, 10:09 PM   #9

XR10

Thanks NXR. I was not sure you had the radio out of the dash before based on the comments. I will have to try touching the screen for the menu to change cameras. I have only used the second screen camera button for which the default is apparently rear. I did not know about touching to get a menu. Thanks! I do not even know what a MHL Mobile Hi Def Link is or what it could be used for. I though it was just another means by which you could provide a video/audio input to that screen from a computer or portable dvd player. Can you explain what the MHL would be used for?
Re the glare from the way the screen is positioned. I had read that post before and I bought the glare shield someone posted about. It helped some but it is still hard to see unless I move my head towards the center. I am just thinking a slight wedge on the right side to impart some angle to it would help even more.
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara w/ RVi3 Brake Control
centurion493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 10:20 PM   #10
NXR

Correct, I've never had the XRV10 out but I have looked behind it and read the manual.

MHL cables are available for Apple or Android. It allows you to mirror the phone on to the XRV10. I think FR now brings the MHL cable to the front panel on later models. I've never tried it.

When you touch the screen, you'll see an AUDIO button above the rear camera selection of CAM1. It turns on a microphone on the rear camera so you can hear your backing guide screaming at you to STOP! If you turn the radio volume up far enough, that is.

If you turn AUDIO on and stay on the rear camera when parked, you'll hear hissing or other noises picked up by the microphone and eventually you'll figure out it's the rear camera microphone.

You cannot talk back to them through the camera, though. We usually keep our camera on CAM3 when parked to watch the passenger side for people.

Ray

Tags
questions