Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2015, 07:37 PM   #1

Rattle from LCI levelers when driving

There is a lot of banging and rattling directly below the drivers and passenger seat on my 2015 Georgetown 329DS. There doesn't seem to be anything there that could make the noise except the leveler. Is this normal? Pretty much any bump makes bangs and rattles. Smooth roads are good. The leveler a do not feel loose. I can't make them rattle or bang by hand.
Jameseglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:15 AM   #2

It should not be doing that, I would check the shocks and also check the sway bar and those bushings. Need to check everything or get it into a shop and have them loo into the issue.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:07 AM   #3

Do you have the wheel covers? If so are they tight?
They will make quite a racket in the area you describe if they are loose.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:57 PM   #4

Also check the slide out hydraulic rams, if you have them. There should be an inch or so free play between the adjuster nuts, but the outer nut should be tight against the bracket when the slides are in. One of mine wasn't and would rattle really loudly. That slide would also drift out just a little while traveling. After slides were adjusted at the factory the rattle disappeared.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:20 PM   #5

Thanks for all the input. It actually took longer to find a ford dealer who would do warranty work on an RV than it did for them to fix the issue. After several irritating phone calls to every ford dealer around I called the Ford 1 800 number for warranty customer service. The young lady there (Adrian or Andrea) took my information and called me back in 10 minutes with 2 dealers who could do the work. One of whom had already told me they could not work on something that large. I let her know that then called the second dealer. It ended up being a lose shock mount on the front drivers side. For anyone in the Washington DC area I highly recommend the Ted Britt truck service center in chantilly VA. The got me in in two days and fixed the same day. They had no issue with me doing a Sunday drop off and not picking up until the following Saturday.
Jameseglenn is offline   Reply With Quote