Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2011, 05:07 PM   #1

RCA DVD Player

Has anybody had a problem with the RCA DVD player? Ours won't load a CD or DVD. I think I've found our first warranty item. Dang it!
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:14 PM   #2

Lostdog, congratulations!! Ours works!! Most of our problems have been fixed, the main thing left is the hydraulic pump. They sent one, guess what? Wrong one. Another two week wait. Still using it, keeping a pan under the leak. Taking our second trip tomorrow, headed for Laughlin, NV, a 180 mile trip. Plan to fill up with gas across the river in Arizona. Should be about 30-35 cents cheaper than here in CA where it is over $4.00 everywhere. We plan on taking a 3,000 mile trip in May, hope things settle down before then. At least we will be out of CA where gas is cheaper. Good luck on getting the DVD fixed, it is pretty nice when it works.

Happy Trails
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:11 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbconsults View Post
Lostdog, congratulations!! Ours works!! Most of our problems have been fixed, the main thing left is the hydraulic pump. They sent one, guess what? Wrong one. Another two week wait. Still using it, keeping a pan under the leak. Taking our second trip tomorrow, headed for Laughlin, NV, a 180 mile trip. Plan to fill up with gas across the river in Arizona. Should be about 30-35 cents cheaper than here in CA where it is over $4.00 everywhere. We plan on taking a 3,000 mile trip in May, hope things settle down before then. At least we will be out of CA where gas is cheaper. Good luck on getting the DVD fixed, it is pretty nice when it works.

Happy Trails
Keep the faith...you'll have all systems up soon. We have a short, 400 mile trip planned for Memorial day weekend to Crystal River, FL and our "big" trip will be to the Smokie's in Sept. First chance in the mountains!
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:03 PM   #4

Lostdog, finally got the hydraulic pump replaced yesterday, they actually sent the correct one and it doesn't leak!! Hooray, think everything wrong with it is now fixed and working. Good luck with the DVD player!!.

Forrest and Donna
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:07 AM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Hopefully your dealer can get one quickly from FR. At least RCA has a decent reputation. Our Executive HT-1000, which no one has ever heard of, had to be replaced 3 times. Twice by me after they sent me the new ones. Between freeze ups 50 minutes into a movie or just not reading the disc, I figured I'd upgrade once the warranty expired. So far now though it's been working fine. You do realize I just put the whammy on it. Good luck and if that's the only warranty issue you have that's not bad.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote