Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2017, 06:06 PM   #1

Rear Camera

Just received a call from my dealer who has been fixing items we found during our shake down. He told me that he noticed my rear camera on the dash screen shows everything backwards. He looked at 4 other models on the lot with the same type of camera and monitor systems vie the same. He looked at other monitor systems on other coaches and they look as they should. I didn't notice it. Has anyone noticed his on their georgetowns, I apologize for not having the name of the monitor and camera system installed on my coach. He sent pictures to Forest River for thier engineering to take a look at it
Secarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:50 AM   #2
JBP

Have not had that problem. We have not figured out how to turn ours on to check the tow and then go back to the radio.
Blue ox and Brake buddy
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:08 AM   #3

Yes, I have that same problem on my 329DS. I am at the dealer now getting that and a bunch of other stuff fixed.
shakywoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:24 AM   #4

Don't know if this is the fix for your problem but might help

Support / FAQ / Products / Multimedia Adapters / iMIV / Video
How do I reverse the image on my back-up Camera?
To answer this question, you need to disconnect the green wire from the black that is within the cable from the camera. Since this is a pre-assembled cable this is not a simple disconnect and you need to "surgically" modify the camera cable.
To do this we suggest that you make a longitudinal cut in the camera cable jacket with a sharp knife/scalpel. Be careful not to make this too deep as you may actually cut the shielding of the video cable.
Start the cut 8 cm/3 inches from the 2.5 mm plug, and make it about 5 cm/2 inches long. Then peel the cable carefully open and locate the green wire. Cut the green wire in the middle.
Test the image to see that it is still ok. If ok, cut an extra 5 mm or 1/8 inch from the green cable – so that the two cut ends no longer have the possibility of touching.
Close the cable jacket and use a single layer of electrical tape to cover the cut area.
That should do it.
filed under Video
Old 01-17-2017, 02:58 PM   #5

There is a switch on the video select box located somewhere behind the radio/dash that combines the video signals from the rear and side cameras. Actually, there may be up to 3 switches on that unit. You simply need to switch the on controlling the mirror image option.
Darugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 06:11 PM   #6

Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darugs View Post
There is a switch on the video select box located somewhere behind the radio/dash that combines the video signals from the rear and side cameras. Actually, there may be up to 3 switches on that unit. You simply need to switch the on controlling the mirror image option.
Darugs, you are correct, I received a call from dealer who received a call from the camera system company explaining to the service rep where to find the control module which is not mounted on the monitor on the dash. Pull monitor and radio panel off and module is back in dash, just need to flip dip switches to correct position. Very much appreciate my service manager taking notice to this issue which I did not notice, making calls and fixing this which I consider a safety issue.

Now if could get them to wipe out the thirty $ to install front license plate holder which is law in ohio. Amazed I have to pay for this to get installed, I wasn't going to drill into my $90k coach. Oh well...
Secarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 06:33 PM   #7

Wouldn't it be simpler to turn the camera 180 degrees?
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 06:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secarider View Post
Darugs, you are correct, I received a call from dealer who received a call from the camera system company explaining to the service rep where to find the control module which is not mounted on the monitor on the dash. Pull monitor and radio panel off and module is back in dash, just need to flip dip switches to correct position. Very much appreciate my service manager taking notice to this issue which I did not notice, making calls and fixing this which I consider a safety issue.

Now if could get them to wipe out the thirty $ to install front license plate holder which is law in ohio. Amazed I have to pay for this to get installed, I wasn't going to drill into my $90k coach. Oh well...
I refused to put the the front license plate holder on mine. I keep the plate in storage box next to my drivers seat. Been over a year now and no problem. My highway patrol friend told me if they ever ask just say it just came off this trip and you are getting it fixed asap. He said that he has never stopped anyone for a front plate. Rear plate is a different story. He also said the motorhomewould have to be doing some really wrong before he stops them. He never see one going more than 5mph over the speed limit.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:20 PM   #9

My dealer service tech came back and told me the camera was fine, just needed to be flipped upside down. I had to tell him that the side cameras flipped when you did this too, so that wasn't an option. He was puzzled and said he'd have to call the manufacturer. I told him what I learned on this forum about the mirror switch, so he went back out to check it out. Sure enough, he flipped the switch and it's fixed! This site has better info than the supposed "experts" at the dealership!
shakywoods is offline   Reply With Quote