Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2021, 01:53 PM   #1

Rear Camera Microphone Not Working

New 36D7. We can't seem to get the rear microphone to work. We've settled for yelling at this point. Seeing as how it took us a while to figure out how to turn the radio off, I'm wondering if maybe we need to turn something on. Does the radio need to be on? Is there a setting somewhere? Haven't Googled anything yet.
tsgm90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 02:26 PM   #2

check volume numb try turning it it or pressing on it
cfo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 04:22 PM   #3
NXR

If you have the Sony radio up front other people have reported the same thing. One contacted FR and was told that the brochure was wrong; the Sony radio does not have rearview camera microphone audio.

That makes sense because that Sony model seems to be for cars and their cameras do not have a microphone. I think FR installs a camera select box external to the radio so all three cameras can display on a device that only accepts one camera.

Ray
Old 08-04-2021, 08:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
If you have the Sony radio up front other people have reported the same thing. One contacted FR and was told that the brochure was wrong; the Sony radio does not have rearview camera microphone audio.

That makes sense because that Sony model seems to be for cars and their cameras do not have a microphone. I think FR installs a camera select box external to the radio so all three cameras can display on a device that only accepts one camera.

Ray
Hey, good to know because we found the manual and it was no help. We did look it up and the brochure says there is one.
Old 08-05-2021, 10:29 AM   #5

Camera Mic

Hello, I've read in the past that you have to be in reverse and the hazard lights on for the mic to work. Not sure if that's the way they're doing it now. Supposedly there's a speaker under the dash for the back up camera. Might be worth a try...
JoePK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 09:22 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgm90 View Post
New 36D7. We can't seem to get the rear microphone to work. We've settled for yelling at this point. Seeing as how it took us a while to figure out how to turn the radio off, I'm wondering if maybe we need to turn something on. Does the radio need to be on? Is there a setting somewhere? Haven't Googled anything yet.
I posted this in another post.....

Wanted to share some info on the rear camera microphone. That is a feature we lost when we changed to the Sony radio's. Sony does have an input for a microphone like the ones we used in the past. We felt the Sony was a much better unit with Apple Car Play and Android Auto plus being better quality. Hope this helps! Enjoy your new coach... safe travels.
Cdefrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 01:12 AM   #7

We just started using my smart watch. My husband calls me on the phone, I answer on my watch, and that leaves my hands free for signaling, as well. It's a pretty good system. We're getting good at getting it in the driveway with leaving enough room to get the car out of the garage. Wanda sits about 6" from the gutter on the house, and her nose is just off the street. [emoji1303]

Tags
camera