Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2017, 11:13 AM   #1

Rear furnace in 2011 Georgetown

Rear furnace will not come on. Air conditioning system is working fine, but when I move the control switch to heat, nothing. Suggestions?
akoldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 11:17 AM   #2

Also, front units are both working fine. Manual that came with the rig not too helpful. Doesn't even let me know where to start looking for rear furnace, unless they're both behind the same cover box outside.
akoldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 12:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoldtimer View Post
Also, front units are both working fine. Manual that came with the rig not too helpful. Doesn't even let me know where to start looking for rear furnace, unless they're both behind the same cover box outside.
What model is your 2011, mine's a 300. Both front??? There's only one in mine, and I'd bet yours too!! Look for the front furnace. They're one and the same. If the front has reached its set temp and the rear has not, it should keep running providing heat until it's set temp is met. You have to make sure the fan is set to run automatic. And the rear thermostat is set up correctly.

It's just struck me, are you considering the chassis heater that runs off the motor as a front unit? The furnace is separate.
Schvarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 02:26 AM   #4
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoldtimer View Post
Rear furnace will not come on. Air conditioning system is working fine, but when I move the control switch to heat, nothing. Suggestions?

My 2011 only has one furnace and it is controlled by the front thermostat. The rear thermostat does nothing on heat.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trempert View Post
My 2011 only has one furnace and it is controlled by the front thermostat. The rear thermostat does nothing on heat.
What model do you have? Please take a picture of both thermostats and post them here. My rear thermostat does run heat/ ac for the bedroom and maybe the bathroom. While the front thermostat does the same for the living area and kitchen.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:12 AM   #6
Tim & Lisa Trempert

350. I don't have pics but both thermostats are identical. How many furnace outputs do you have on the outside of your camper? That will tell you if you have one or two furnaces. When you say "heat" and you are referring to heat strips on the A/C units vs the furnace then you may have those on both front and back.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:22 AM   #7

We have a 378 which does have a front and rear furnace, if I remember correctly it was the only model that had 2 furnaces. May be incorrect on that as it's been 6 years since I compared models.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trempert View Post
350. I don't have pics but both thermostats are identical. How many furnace outputs do you have on the outside of your camper? That will tell you if you have one or two furnaces. When you say "heat" and you are referring to heat strips on the A/C units vs the furnace then you may have those on both front and back.
Furnace outputs outside?? I don't understand what you're saying. I know I only have 1 furnace. No heat strips in my rig. Each thermostat when set correctly will produce heat thru the appropriate vents. I'm assuming my heat comes thru floor registers while AC is thru ceiling vents. It's been since last Oct that we used heat. But then i didn't know how to set my thermostats correctly so we slept in a cold bedroom the first night and found the way to set it for the next night. It was merely me not setting the auto fan. 😐
Old 07-06-2017, 09:30 AM   #9

akot,

Are you talking about the furnace or the heat pump?

You may not have a heat pump on your bedroom unit.

ceedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:12 AM   #10

RV Heat pump? That's new to me.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:14 PM   #11

All gas fired heaters/ furnace has an outside air intake and exhaust. So if you think you have two furnaces, there must be two outside air in and out places.
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, furnace, georgetown