Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2015, 02:24 PM   #1

Refrig leaking water

Have a '14 360 XL with an electric fridge. Go camping a lot, but only on 3 occasions, water has leaked and wet the carpet along the whole slide and also dripped off the bottom of the slide outside. Once I got home, I pulled the fridge out but, with house water pressure, no leak showed up. Any thoughts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Sbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 02:29 PM   #2

Was the fridge drain connected or present?
Old 04-15-2015, 04:17 PM   #3

Don't have a drain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 04-15-2015, 09:10 PM   #4

Do you leave the fridge and ice maker on until it's unloaded and ice tray empty? I used to turn off the ice maker and the ice would melt getting the carpet wet.
Otherwise I would shut off the water to the fridge when traveling. The shutoff is in the outside compartment next to the water/sewer compartment high up.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2015 Charleston 430RB
Billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:23 PM   #5

While camping we turned off the water to the fridge and the ice maker. Immediately we could tell the water quit running. Of course it took several days for the carpet under the dinette to dry. DH followed the water line as far as he could from the outside and could find no damage. Once home he pulled the fridge out away from the wall and there was no water stains on the floor. The fridge sits inside a "box" that is approximately 2" above the floor. No visible leaks behind the fridge. So strange as it seems the theory is possibly high water pressure which allowed the water to blow by the connection behind the box, run underneath it to the carpet at the inside of the slide. Anyway we are buying the best pressure regulator we can find to use. The water has been on, here at home every since we pushed fridge back into place with no leaking. So unless we find evidence to the contrary, high water pressure was the culprit.

Tags
leak, water