Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2016, 08:18 AM   #1
jsm

replacement of both front seats

Help!!! I need to replace both front swivel arm chair seats as they are both have a fabric that is falling apart & leaving tiny bits of material everywhere. I have found replacement seats that I like but the manufacturer has informed me that their standard seat mounts for the seat would probably not fit my rig.

How do I disassemble & remove the current seats from my rig?

What do I need to do? Should I forget about purchasing the seats that I found & just go to camping world?

My rig is a 2011 Forest River, Georgetown Mod #300FWSNBF.
jsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:31 AM   #2

If you are asking how to remove them from the pedestal so you can take them to a refitted the look under the chair skirt and remove the 4 nuts and bolts from the pedestal. Probably 1/2".
Hope that helps you.

Let us know if you find a good replacement seat as many folks will find it informative.
Here is a 2012 SteelFlex catalog with dimensions of all the seats.
I do agree that the existing pedestal may not work with a new seat.
Steelflex has different pedestals but you need to figure out many dimensions of the new seat first.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Catalog_2012.pdf (1.84 MB, 812 views)
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:45 AM   #3
jsm

Thanks Iggy for your timely response. I'll have a look at the 4 bolts/nuts that attach the seat to the pedestal.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:09 PM   #4

I have been looking for replacement seats but it just may be cheaper to find someone locally in Sacramento to do a once over on the covers with better material and strong cushions.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:55 PM   #5
jsm

Iggy: I wonder if I did purchase 2 new seats how difficult it would be to attach the new seats to the current pedestals. Margaret (boss) had already located seats & love seat for our rig, but I am still puzzled how I would get this mounted locally. Perhaps I should suggest to the boss that we have a once over on the current seats & ONLY purchase the lovely new love seat with a separate reclining feature that she likes. Thanks again
Old 02-08-2016, 01:30 PM   #6

To get replacement seat you need to make sure of many dimensions and I mistake can cost you lots of $$. The Georgetown seats are much smaller than a diesel pusher seats in height, width and how far off they are mounted. If you get a standard seat and its too wide your driver will have his right foot over the center console. This is a bit of a exaggeration.
This is why getting them done locally with better materials is better.
A new Steelflex can cost from $800 to $1500 each plus the mount and installation as well as shipping charges.

A good local person may charge you $400 for each. This is just a guess price.
If it was me I would pay at least $500 each using the same mount and chair structure.

Now you can also contact the company who made the chairs.
If you can get down under underneath one of the seat you will find a piece of paper that has the exact design, material and manufacturer in Indiana who made it.
Sorry I can't find my information that I used to have.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:23 PM   #7

we have a 2010 Georgetown 337 that has crumbling front seat surfaces on main seating area but havn t yet found anyone in Loganville Ga. area that will even look at them for an estimate. Any one know someone in middle or north Georgia that might cover them?
DAPYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:57 PM   #8
Air Force Retiree

I think you will find it less expensive and get to pick your own colors and fablic if you have a local upholstery shop recover your originals.
Retired Air Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:12 PM   #9
US Army Retired

Have the same problem with the "High Quality" fabric disintegrating on the driver and passenger seats. Found a local company that sells replacement seats at a decent price. You can pick from many different styles, fabrics, foam densities and colors. Since I'm local I went up in person and sat on a couple of examples. They were very well made and comfortable. They are built to bolt right on to your existing seat bases. This is the way I'm going. Here's the website: RV Furniture,Seats,RV Marine Boat Furniture Sofa Beds
ArmyW4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:58 PM   #10

local to where?
Old 02-09-2016, 06:46 PM   #11

local to where

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAPYES View Post
local to where?
562 area code, wherever that is
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:16 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
we have a 2010 Georgetown 337 that has crumbling front seat surfaces on main seating area but havn t yet found anyone in Loganville Ga. area that will even look at them for an estimate. Any one know someone in middle or north Georgia that might cover them?
Yep, Gotcha Covered in Woodstock... See Here They did a great job restoring / restomodding the seats in my 72 LTD convertible. They also updated my seats with Alcantra in a Mustang. Excellent work and reasonable prices...
RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:32 PM   #13
Retired Ford Tech

I have a 2008 and replace my seats with Flexsteel 554BUSR in Kasmira Bark micro fiber. I replaced them in the spring of 2013 and couldn't be happier. I paid a little over 2000 for them but I'm sure they went up. We have 2 cats and did not want Leather. The Flexsteels bolted right on the same pedestal that the original seat were on. My original seats were not power, but Flexsteel sent a power driver seat by mistake. I unbolted the power track and bolted the seat right on the original pedestal. I later bought a shorter pedestal to accumadate the power track and now I have a power Seat! The Flexsteel seat have a manual lumbar and adjustable arm rest, Very handy,
rvpezzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:46 AM   #14

Have you thought about looking into High quality seat covers ???
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:53 AM   #15

yep, off e-bay but they run about 300.00 each
Old 02-10-2016, 09:21 AM   #16

Quote:
yep, off e-bay but they run about 300.00 each
WOW,,, must be pretty good seat covers !!!
Old 02-10-2016, 09:26 AM   #17

suppose to be custom cut sheepskin
Old 02-10-2016, 11:45 AM   #18

I took mine to a local upholstery shop and had them recovered with recycled leather for about $400 each. I also had my couch ($600), recliner, and foot stool ($400) done in the same fabric since they all were peeling.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:45 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyW4 View Post
Have the same problem with the "High Quality" fabric disintegrating on the driver and passenger seats. Found a local company that sells replacement seats at a decent price. You can pick from many different styles, fabrics, foam densities and colors. Since I'm local I went up in person and sat on a couple of examples. They were very well made and comfortable. They are built to bolt right on to your existing seat bases. This is the way I'm going. Here's the website: RV Furniture,Seats,RV Marine Boat Furniture Sofa Beds
Man would I love to replace our Dinette with one of those Sleeper Couches' !!!
Old 02-11-2016, 02:03 PM   #20
US Army Retired

Sorry, Gave out some bad info. This is the place:

http://shop4seats.com/

Headquarters
1000 S. Euclid St.
La Habra, CA 90631
800-454-1801

Showroom (Coming Soon)
106 Guadalupe Dr.
Cibilo, TX 78108