Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2018, 02:06 PM   #1

Replacement tires prices

Just finished reading post from Steelhorzz on price of replacing Michelin's (235/80R 22.5) He's been quoted $1660 for Michelin , $1330 for Goodyear, $880 for Bridgestone . By necessity I bought a replacement Michelin a couple of years ago from a local tire shop in Ft Meyers Fl . I was quoted $600 for tire and install for the one tire ( no break on price for 6 ) I obviously did not go to the right shop.
Would some of you let me know who ( retailers) you guy's use and brands you purchased . Not just in Florida but other states as well. I'd like to have an idea an idea of who to check with depending where we are for next time
Nomore9-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 02:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomore9-5 View Post
Just finished reading post from Steelhorzz on price of replacing Michelin's (235/80R 22.5) He's been quoted $1660 for Michelin , $1330 for Goodyear, $880 for Bridgestone . By necessity I bought a replacement Michelin a couple of years ago from a local tire shop in Ft Meyers Fl . I was quoted $600 for tire and install for the one tire ( no break on price for 6 ) I obviously did not go to the right shop.
Would some of you let me know who ( retailers) you guy's use and brands you purchased . Not just in Florida but other states as well. I'd like to have an idea an idea of who to check with depending where we are for next time
I used to use American Tire for all my tires on all my vehicles. When i called around to price some maxxis tires for my trailer they were high. I called a mom and pop shop in my town and they were considerably less. When I called American Tire to price match the guy flat out called me a liar. They lost more then one customer because i refer everyone to the mom and pop place now. It also seems the local shops will cut price more then a chain
swampdonkey772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 02:36 PM   #3

Replacement tires prices

I purchased 6 Bridgestone for ours for 2468 including tax balance mount, etc. works out 433 each with mounting etc. Much cheaper than Michelin or Goodyear. Got ours through a commercial truck tire dealer here.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 02:48 PM   #4

Jim F You bought 6 . What brand , size , where ( state, shop) ? Did you need to change anything ( rims etc) ?
Old 10-21-2018, 02:50 PM   #5

Jim sorry glitch in my ipad only got part of it avsecond ago . Got it all now

Tags
replacement, tire, tires