Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2018, 07:26 PM   #21
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
The bathroom one was too near the backside of the sink, always splashed water back there. New one, high arc, much further into the sink with larger handles.

Kitchen one was a bear to get the water temp regulated. Was nice enough, but was terrible trying to get warm water.

HINT for the folks that make our rigs. Pretend YOU are the one that has to use some of the stuff you make! What a novel concept!

I now return you Back to the thread....lol....both faucets needed no adapters or the like. The kitchen, I had to open the hole about 1/8" to fit. Because my old faucet had the water valve and handle in a separate hole from the spout, I had to fill in the hole with a soap dispenser. Lucky me....another open box buy, missing the up pipe....my empty hand lotion bottle fit it fine.

Deals are out there....just have to keep your eyes open, and know what all you need.
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:57 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRob View Post
A word of caution. Replaced the plastic kitchen on my Roo and had an interesting problem. I had left the water pump on and while bouncing down the road the single lever faucet opened enough to flood the sink and dump water all over the place. No real harm done but it demonstrated that not all faucets are RV ready and while I'm not taking it out I now know that turning off the water pump is a must with this faucet.
Not a motorhome but we had similar problem. Once we hooked up to city water at a new site, the handle jiggled open and was spraying water before we could even open the slides.

The fix was a simple ball type bungee, holding the handle closed.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Not a motorhome but we had similar problem. Once we hooked up to city water at a new site, the handle jiggled open and was spraying water before we could even open the slides.

The fix was a simple ball type bungee, holding the handle closed.
Great point. I think the handle on the one I installed will move freely with bumps. Will keep an eye on it....
bclinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:22 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
They are Standard size,it helps if the "Uninstall person has Long arms/Small Hands/Good eyesight/Long Neck/able to endure Pain/Tough Skin/Patience/Large Vocabulary of ??? Words/able to use a Mirror/and afterwards thinking "Why in the Heck didn't they let the Amish Craftsmen just install a Pitcher Pump"! Youroo!!
I loved this. I actually laughed out loud for real. Thank you !
Old 02-28-2018, 05:52 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie1138 View Post
Home Despot had a motion activated pull down faucet that was an open box buy. Connected everything to existing piping. Has a motion sensor you wave your hand near to make it work. Second wave also shuts it off! Plus, added feature, you can shut it off at the handle! Ain't technology grand?

On another visit, found a nice real metal faucet for the bathroom....open box!
It it, when it works!

Change the battery every year to keep it from running down leaking, corroding the contacts and stopping it from working. Ask me how I know.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:43 PM   #26

I replaced the kitchen faucet with a Lowes one. I had to buy 2 connectors to mate up to the RV water lines,otherwise it was a simple change.
New faucets are limited to 1.5 gpm. After 2 years the flow reduced to a trickle and it wasn't the pump or filters at fault. I found that there was junk in the flow reducing valves so a drill bit solved the problem, permanently.
Hampton Roads VA
2016 174 Days camping, 2017 66 days 2018 24 days 2019 48 days 2020 25 days 2021 6
mogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:09 PM   #27
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
DouglasReid, I did not bother to worry about using batteries. It runs on 6 volts DC. I wired mine to a 6volt regulator chip. Tapped into a 12 volt source. Manufacturer claimed 1-2 years on a set of 4 AA batteries with everyday use....so it cannot draw much current at all!

The chip cost a whopping .14 ! Just 3 connections ... And a few feet of 22ga wire. And an inline fuse (1/4 amp) at the 12 volt tap.

I used these:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-New-L...0AAOSw6VRaTJvK
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faucet