Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #1

Roof delaminated

I had my 2010 georgetown 338 checked for leaks around the windows and roof. Bad news is my roof has delaminated approximate 3 feet , I bought it in devber 2010 with 22000 km on it,
Anyone has experienced this?
And is it covered by FR?
remember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:41 PM   #2

It certainly should be covered by Forest River if you bought just 3 months ago.
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:38 AM   #3

If you bought it used I am not sure if FR will cover it - your dealer should though, or was it a private sale ? I was told when we bought our first new trailer (SOB) that the warranty was not transferrable if we sold it.
rick_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:46 AM   #4
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by remember View Post
I had my 2010 georgetown 338 checked for leaks around the windows and roof. Bad news is my roof has delaminated approximate 3 feet , I bought it in devber 2010 with 22000 km on it,
Anyone has experienced this?
And is it covered by FR?
First does the roof leak? I believe those have the same type of roof as the trailers (TPO or EPDM) and it is not glued down as they are designed to move as they heat and contract. SO if it appears to be loose or have some air pockets under it, it is probably normal. However that being said I would contact Forest River and ask them. We encountered that with our new trailer last summer and that was the answer we got back from our dealer and Forest River.
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #5

I would say the same . The alfa vinyl roof is applied over and it is normal to see a few wrinkles near the corners. Nothing to worry if it is your case. We have a 2011 with a few of these wrinkles and it is normal. This menbrane is not glued bonded to the luan sheeting but just applied tight over it. Temperature fluctuations can create these small wrinkles.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:37 PM   #6

Thanks this is helpful to me,
I have my motorbike checked by a fiberglass shop repair,asked him to check if there is kind of leaks somewhere,he checked everything and told me no water came in but the roof is no glued on a approximate 3 feet and he's saying that its not normal at all,the fiberglass top will crak and cause water dommage somedays. It's a 2010 I just bought it on dec 31 2010 from a FR dealer as a second owner. The first owner bought an extended warranty that was transferred to me,the dealer saying it is covering everything,even the ford product after the original warranty. I am worried
Old 02-25-2011, 08:58 PM   #7

Sorry not motorbike but motorhome
Those iPhones sometimes
Old 02-26-2011, 08:39 AM   #8

Remember: as you are mentioning your roof is made of fiberglass and not alfa vinyl menbrane. If it is the case you certainly have a problem. I tought most of the roofs were made with a menbrane except the r pod which is made of fiberglass.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:50 AM   #9

Mine is fiberglass, and from the shop-owner,fiberglass shop it's a problem that will get problematic as it will crack and let water comes in as I use it on the road. He took pictures of it and he knows some people at FR he use to work for a FR dealer, on Monday he will talk to them and we'll see.