Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2010, 10:28 AM   #1

Unhappy Roof Leak ** Somewhere**

I have an 08 Georgetown 378XL
Water is coming from the passenger side windsheild corner post, it also seems to be filling up the headliner over or should I say under the front cabinets. I had to put a small hole in that liner to drain the water. It is the liner that has the sunvisors and fans attached to it.
And from the first seam just beyond where the antenna is cranked up. If you run your finger along that seam water will come out.
Now does anyone have any helpful suggestions on how to take that seam down without any more damage? Any pic's would help.
I have it scheduled for a pressurizes test on 6/15/10 at the ony dealer in my area , about 80 miles away. But I thought I could research things in the mean time.
Thanks for reading
Joe
National Park, N.J.
2008 Georgetown 378XL
JDickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #2

Joe,
While you're waiting to have your RV pressurized to test for leaks, you can do your own investigation. You'll need a leaf blower, a section of plywood and some packaging tape.
Open one of you slide windows and remove the screen. Cut out a section of plywood to fit in the window opening. Seal it with packaging tape(or equivalent). Cut a hole in the center of the plywood, just large enough to insect the leaf blower nozzle. You may have to support the leaf blower on one of the rungs of a step ladder. Seal off around the leaf blower nozzle, where it goes into the plywood. Close all other doors and windows, exhaust vents, furness vents, etc..
Fill a spray bottle with liquid soap(dish washing liquid is preferred).
Crank up the leaf blower and, using the spray bottle, spray the liquid solution around all window seals, door seals, etc.., to check for possible areas of water intrusion.

Check here for a basic example.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote