Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #1

Running a 110 plug off of the house battery

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I was looking to get a DC to AC Power Inverter to run a laptop and an air mattress when we can't turn on the generator then it dawned on me why didn't FR just wire one plug to the house batteries for us with a converter or do we already have one and I'm uninformed?

e
Old 07-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-man View Post
Sorry if this is a silly question, but I was looking to get a DC to AC Power Inverter to run a laptop and an air mattress when we can't turn on the generator then it dawned on me why didn't FR just wire one plug to the house batteries for us with a converter or do we already have one and I'm uninformed?

e
In the newer models FR installs a 1,000 watt inverter for the residential refrigerator and that's it.
I have recently beeen looking to add a 800 watt Stanley PC809 inverter for whne I have to power my refrigerator off of electric 120 volt when I'm on a long ferry ride 17 hours. Propane must be turned off and all I have left is my house batteries.

Anyway this invertor already has two outletys in it for you to plug in stuff. I think it also has a USB charger plug.

This is what it looks like on Amazon
Stanley PC809 800 Watt Inverter : Amazon.com : Automotive

800 watts is a good number if you want to run a few things.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-man

e
Search this forum for "Poor Man's Inverter". (sorry - can't figure out how to put a link here from my I-phone)

I have pictures as well on the thread. It has worked great for me although some folks had a concern. My experience has been great!
Old 07-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #4

I don't know if I want to mess with plugging it to the battery. I found this guy which looks like a lot of people like and it handles some computers that have a different sine wave pattern which is great for my son on long trips in LA traffic(don't want to use the generator as it gets really expensive when you're going 10 miles an hour)

Amazon.com : Tripp Lite PV375 Portable Auto Inverter 375W 12V DC to AC 120V 5-15R 2 Outlet : Electronics

Tags
battery