Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2016, 12:11 PM   #1

Sagging slide out ceiling/roof

The main slide out roof/ceiling is sagging on my 2010 Georgetown 378. Anyone else having this problems? Any suggestions?
MattM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 04:22 PM   #2

This is a first for the 378 model and I have not seen or heard of anyone having it happen to them.
I thought the top of the slide was metal covered with something.
If its inside only then the cabinets and roof mush have shaken loose.
I would like to see some pictures please.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 04:46 PM   #3

Sagging

Iggy, hey how ya doing? I did get a call back from Cel Lopez of FR who also wants me to send photos. I will add them here. I put a string from one end to another, there's about a 1 inch drop in the middle. Looking on the outside top of the slide out, there is just the laminated roof material and you can clearly see the droop as well.

Matt Martel
USAF MSgt (ret)
MattM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 05:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM View Post
Iggy, hey how ya doing? I did get a call back from Cel Lopez of FR who also wants me to send photos. I will add them here. I put a string from one end to another, there's about a 1 inch drop in the middle. Looking on the outside top of the slide out, there is just the laminated roof material and you can clearly see the droop as well.

Matt Martel
USAF MSgt (ret)
Hi Matt
Sorry to hear about the sag in the slide. Hopefully Lopez will help.
We will just have to wait and see if he can do anything.
We are home in warm Arizona. Good to be home.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:12 PM   #5

378 slide drooping

We have an 2008 - 378 and our main slide is also drooped about 1 inch in the center. I assume it is the weight of the angle cupboard that is the problem. I put a support post from the top of the counter to the bottom of the cupboard which seems to have stopped the droop from increasing. Hope you will post your answer from FR.
rodm260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 08:23 PM   #6

Hey, does anyone have a fix??? I was thinking about removing the trim and installing angle irons to reinforce the beam. PSA I have a 2019 FR EVO T2550
Pres_Kin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof, slide, slide out