Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2016, 09:52 AM   #1

Same old problem...mold under the stone guard vinyl. Solution Question

Like so many have commented on over the years, the problem of mold growing under vinyl. Solution ??? Has anyone heard of, experienced, completed using the "Rhino or similar product style bed liner spray on material coverings?" Considering how difficult it is to remove the vinyl, wonder if roughing it up and applying this as a coating would work. Granted it is a Black rough textured finish, but wondering if it would appear to look similar to a bra but maybe hold up better getting beat up on the front of the coach. My particular Georgetown is a Grey/Black color scheme so would possibly blend in. Thanks and please don't fall off your seat laughing at this one. Thom
thomanddebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:54 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomanddebbie View Post
Like so many have commented on over the years, the problem of mold growing under vinyl. Solution ??? Has anyone heard of, experienced, completed using the "Rhino or similar product style bed liner spray on material coverings?" Considering how difficult it is to remove the vinyl, wonder if roughing it up and applying this as a coating would work. Granted it is a Black rough textured finish, but wondering if it would appear to look similar to a bra but maybe hold up better getting beat up on the front of the coach. My particular Georgetown is a Grey/Black color scheme so would possibly blend in. Thanks and please don't fall off your seat laughing at this one. Thom
I know similar product to Rhino can be tinted to other colours if you would like. Reflex coating.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:22 AM   #3

Had the same problem, I removed mine and wen t with PlastiDip....for less than $100, I have plenty of protection. Would not even consider spending 2K to put more film on. If you want to go over the existing film, I would use black plastidip to cover the ugly mold, if you are going to remove the existing film, go with clear plastidip and it will look 100% better
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:34 AM   #4

Wow , I never have seen PLASTIDIP before. Really impressed. Gives me a lot of ideas. Thanks for the info.

Ron & Joanne
Bella The chihuahua
2014 Georgetown XL 377
2007 Jeep Liberty
ron377ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:59 AM   #5

Thanks again for the information and link to the Reflex coating system. Have contacted the company and requested information and locations near Atlanta. Thom
Old 07-26-2016, 11:12 AM   #6

Carmen, Using the Plastik Dip was this a spray on or did you actually "paint" it on. When you say Plastik Dip, I am envisioning the material used to dip tools etc. Thanks Thom
Old 07-26-2016, 12:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomanddebbie View Post
I have Rhino in the bed of pick up. I do not haul often over 8 years Here in Florida the sun has beaten upon it, thinned down to the body paint in areas. I'm sure the sun in Georgia is just as intense. It is dulled by the sun - do you really want this on the RV??
twoclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:03 PM   #8

Good point. Wondering if the coatings would be more adapt at being able to be re-coated or sealed on the vertical service of the coach rather than in flat horizontal. We do keep the coach under cover so would not be exposed to weather all the time. Do appreciate the comment.....did not even think of that. Thom
Old 07-26-2016, 01:06 PM   #9

Carmen, Found web site dipyourcar.com. Interesting concepts using Plastic Dip on the web site. Multi colors also. Thom
Old 07-26-2016, 04:09 PM   #10
New:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron377ts View Post
Wow , I never have seen PLASTIDIP before. Really impressed. Gives me a lot of ideas. Thanks for the info.
Can you post a pic?
New: 2015 Forest River Georgetown 328TS
2016 Equinox Tow Vehicle
old: 2013 FR Rockwood 2318G w/ 2001 Ford F250 4X4 Diesel
compman69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mold