RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 07-05-2020, 06:23 PM   #21

satellite cable

Thank you. Funny thing is that I have a King OTA antenna mounted on the roof of the coach and at the direction turning knob inside on the ceiling, there is an on and off power button which I assumed was the power booster for the OTA antenna. The connector in the cabinet in the picture has never been connected to anything and yet has a power switch. The OTA King antenna is connected to the back of the switcher at the labeled antenna coax male connector.

When I mentioned the sat cable connector, I think I was unclear. I know from the help I got from you all that the sat sig from the dish has to be a straight shot to the receiver and not interrupted by a splitter but that it will not be affected by an A/B switch. The problem I am faced with is that there is no coax out on the DTV receiver, only an HDMI and RCA composite plugs. So, I go coax into the receiver from the A/B switch coming in at the park cable connector but no way to connect to the switcher from the DTV receiver since the switcher in that cabinet has nothing but coax connectors in and then out to the TVs. The only alternative I can think of is to run a single HDMI cable directly to the TV below that cabinet and bypass the switcher completely. Of course, this would me that the sat sig will not be available on any other TV....
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara w/ RVi3 Brake Control
centurion493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 07:08 PM   #22

Then your King is either hard wired for 12Vdc or a King booster panel is installed somewhere. My coach is also not wired for HDMI and that is why I use the RF output from my sat receiver converted to coax (post #13) for my tv's. Of course I only get SD viewing but that is ok for us. Some individuals in our situation do use wireless HDMI for all the tv's. See post #16.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 07:24 PM   #23
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by centurion493 View Post
Thank you. Funny thing is that I have a King OTA antenna mounted on the roof of the coach and at the direction turning knob inside on the ceiling, there is an on and off power button which I assumed was the power booster for the OTA antenna. The connector in the cabinet in the picture has never been connected to anything and yet has a power switch. The OTA King antenna is connected to the back of the switcher at the labeled antenna coax male connector.
The slide switch on the antenna rotator in the ceiling just turns the LED signal strength display on and off, probably to eliminate the light at night.

The button on the front of the panel in the cabinet above the TV is the OTA antenna booster power. Green light lit = on.

The jack on the front of the panel with the power button is another output from the OTA amplifier, maybe SET 1. On the back side of that panel is the antenna, SET 2, which I suspect goes to the MovieVision switch, and one labeled CABLE which probably is unused. I think that little button is also a splitter/switch. But I've never had that panel out.

Check out this thread for how someone else ran separate HDMI lines. From the cabinetry it looks like a late model GT5 34H5: https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ng-204946.html

HTH,

Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	King Jack Power Injector Wall Plate.PNG
Views:	9
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	233209  
Old 07-05-2020, 08:17 PM   #24

satellite cable

Thank you Bubbles and NXE. NXR, if i understand you correctly, that would mean that the OTA cable is directly connected to the switcher and that the "booster" in that cabinet is completely bypassed and unused since there are cables connected to the "cable", "antenna" and "sat" inputs on the back of the movievision switcher with one out cable to the TVs in the coach. There has never been anything attached to that male cable connection in the cabinet with the green light and power switch yet the TV's all work fine with cable and OTA.....Hmmmmmm...curious...Gee, how hard would it have been for them to provide us with a cable connection diagram. That might have helped....hmmmm

Thanks again folks
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara w/ RVi3 Brake Control
centurion493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 08:29 PM   #25

You have the view I provided in post #12 and here is another view showing the GT 360. As can be seen the front of the booster panel output is not used when the switch panel is installed. The back of the booster panel is used in the views I have posted. If you press the booster panel button to turn its light off and the Jack panel is still illuminated then the booster panel is not supplying the 12Vdc to the Jack antenna. If the Jack panel is not illuminated then the booster panel is wired as shown in the views I have posted. This is not rocket science and all you're trying to do is get satellite viewing and one way has been shown; there are others. The sat prep wiring is probably what you have also.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GT 360 TV.pdf (301.8 KB, 9 views)
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 09:03 PM   #26
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
You have the view I provided in post #12 and here is another view showing the GT 360. As can be seen the front of the booster panel output is not used when the switch panel is installed. The back of the booster panel is used in the views I have posted. If you press the booster panel button to turn its light off and the Jack panel is still illuminated then the booster panel is not supplying the 12Vdc to the Jack antenna. If the Jack panel is not illuminated then the booster panel is wired as shown in the views I have posted. This is not rocket science and all you're trying to do is get satellite viewing and one way has been shown; there are others. The sat prep wiring is probably what you have also.
Yup, agreed. That looks correct. Your main splitter probably is behind the touchscreen.

Ray

Tags
cable, lite, satellite