Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2020, 09:23 AM   #1

Satellite hook-up

Have 4 access points on roof , which one is for satellite hook up. 2019 369DS XL
loyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 12:40 PM   #2
Commercial Member

I have attached some pics for you to review. As you can see the white dome to the left is where you can access the chase to the inside cabinet above the passengers chair (second pic). Also, you see where the Satellite Dome is mounted on the roof. There is a plate of EGS steel under the fiberglass that is approximately 30" x 30" so you can secure the Satellite.

Please keep in mind every Satellite is wired differently! I would contact a dealer for installation help or contact Forest River customer service at 574-206-7600 and have your VIN# ready when you call. Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Satellite Prep XL.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	360.5 KB
ID:	235246   Click image for larger version

Name:	Satellite Prep Box XL.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	295.3 KB
ID:	235247  
Cdefrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 12:43 PM   #3
NXR

Interesting. I only have one dome on mine, the one directly behind the radio antenna. What's the second dome for on that model?

Ray
Old 07-31-2020, 12:50 PM   #4
Commercial Member

In the XL Model the dome to the left is for the SiriusXM antenna which runs to the back of the dash radio. When you hook up the SiriusXM you need to attach the antenna to the optional SiriusXM module that the customer buys. Hope this helps!
Old 07-31-2020, 01:10 PM   #5
NXR

It does but I thought my GT5 already had the SiriusXM antenna installed. That's what the rep on the factory tour said as did the dealer. "Buy the box and plug it in."

I've never looked, though, because I just stream from my phone to the Jensen XRV10 via Bluetooth. I was thinking the SiriusXM antenna was stashed behind the fiberglass front cap.

Ray
Old 07-31-2020, 01:39 PM   #6
Commercial Member

I will have to check on that as the XL's were different than the 5's as they both had / have different radio's. I probably won't be able to get you answers until next week. I do know your radio does need the module. I'm not sure where the antenna is located?
Old 07-31-2020, 01:55 PM   #7
NXR

Apparently neither do I.

That's fine. I have no plans to buy the module anyways.

Ray
Old 07-31-2020, 02:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdefrees View Post
In the XL Model the dome to the left is for the SiriusXM antenna which runs to the back of the dash radio. When you hook up the SiriusXM you need to attach the antenna to the optional SiriusXM module that the customer buys. Hope this helps!
Just a question about newer GT's. There is the park cable port outside but is there now a separate (independent) port adjacent to the park cable port (or somewhere else) for a satellite carryout antenna that would be a straight coax shot to the overhead (or wherever the Movievision selector is located)?
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 07:05 PM   #9

satellite cable

Hi, No, there is not an additional port for a sat cable adjacent to the park cable in-port. There is a port for a solar panel plug in but that is all, just those two. These are located in the electrical bay which is immediately forward of the wet bay. I will say that after getting feed back from those on this forum, I use it for my portable sat dish in without a problem. When we want sat, I disconnect the "park cable" in at the back of the distribution box above the TV and connect it instead directly to the sat receiver box. I then run an HDMI cable to the TV. If I want park cable, I connect to their cable at the pedestal and re-connect the cable at the distribution box and we watch the park cable channels. I will be adding an A/B switch between the cable end at the box to eliminate switching cables in the near future although, we tend to watch sat more than park cable. I will also be installing wireless HDMI Tx and Receivers for all TV's in the coach so that sat signal can be seen at all TV's.
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara w/ RVi3 Brake Control
centurion493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:27 PM   #10

Thanks for the info. I will get it hooked up soon.
loyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by centurion493 View Post
Hi, No, there is not an additional port for a sat cable adjacent to the park cable in-port. There is a port for a solar panel plug in but that is all, just those two. These are located in the electrical bay which is immediately forward of the wet bay. I will say that after getting feed back from those on this forum, I use it for my portable sat dish in without a problem. When we want sat, I disconnect the "park cable" in at the back of the distribution box above the TV and connect it instead directly to the sat receiver box. I then run an HDMI cable to the TV. If I want park cable, I connect to their cable at the pedestal and re-connect the cable at the distribution box and we watch the park cable channels. I will be adding an A/B switch between the cable end at the box to eliminate switching cables in the near future although, we tend to watch sat more than park cable. I will also be installing wireless HDMI Tx and Receivers for all TV's in the coach so that sat signal can be seen at all TV's.
I already use the park cable port with an A/B switch for cable/sat. I was just wondering if the GT had added a dedicated coax for the sat carryout input so maybe if there was an individual with an issue I might be able to assist but that ain't gonna be necessary I guess. HDMI cables installed would be a plus. Things change so fast so maybe when something better is coming along and GT will incorporate it into their build. Thanks.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:01 PM   #12

I think you were one of the ones who helped me with my questions about sat connections when we took delivery a month ago and I appreciated it greatly. BTW, there is an HDMI in along with power and a usb connection on the wall of the bay beneath the exterior TV. I assume this is if you want to connect the sat receiver, dvd player or video game console to the exterior tv directly and watch/play while sitting outside. On another note, do you or anyone else happen to know how you can release the exterior TV from it's mount to gain access to the HDMI ports and other connections on the back of that TV? I have heard you pull up sharply and I have tried but I am a little worried about pulling too hard in the wrong direction.
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara w/ RVi3 Brake Control
centurion493 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, satellite