Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2016, 11:38 AM   #1
JBP

Satellite Out Doors

Does the 2016 XL 369 coax connection in the first bay south of the door get satellite signal?

Does the out door TV receive Satellite signal?

Does the bed room TV receive Satellite signal?

Is there a place to connect a second receiver for the bed room TV?

Do all of the 2016 XL have the out door connection for the LP gas?

What air pressure do you run in your tires? I know that it depends on the weight. Mine will be well below 24,000 initially.
Blue ox and Brake buddy
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 12:10 PM   #2

On my 335 all tvs get whatever is selected on the air/cable/satellite selector. There is a 3 way splitter on the output of the switch. However, no provision for multiple satellite receivers.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP View Post
Does the 2016 XL 369 coax connection in the first bay south of the door get satellite signal?

Does the out door TV receive Satellite signal?

Does the bed room TV receive Satellite signal?

Is there a place to connect a second receiver for the bed room TV?

Do all of the 2016 XL have the out door connection for the LP gas?

What air pressure do you run in your tires? I know that it depends on the weight. Mine will be well below 24,000 initially.
On my 2016 Georgetown 369XL the original configuration has the cable-in connection in the rear compartment with the shore power plug. This signal goes into the selector switch which, as previously stated, then goes to all three televisions. You can also select the OTA antenna with this selector. Behind the rear panel, in the center overhead compartment in the cockpit area, you will find an unconnected coax cable which would be for a satellite receiver connection. It runs somewhere to the roof to connect to the dish. You can then connect the satellite receiver to the selctor switch to view satellite tv over all three televisions. I chose not to connect this way so I am not sure where the external coax cable is hidden. I am sure it is hidden somewhere topside under a cover. (I placed my receiver in the bedroom.)

As far as tire pressure, I run 95 to 100 pounds. I weigh in at 23,500 pounds fully loaded with 80 gallons of water. I am somewhere around 26,000 to 27,000 with toad connected. There is good argument that I am over inflated by the tire manufacture weight chart, but I have no issues in handling so it will remain as is.
tkarper14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 03:30 AM   #4
JBP

Tkarper with the receiver in the bed room does the bed room just get satellite?

ScottBrownstein your receiver is up front. When you watch sat tv you hook to the reciver and run a coax to the switch. When you watch cable you unhook from the sat receiver and hook directly to switch. Have I got that correct?
Blue ox and Brake buddy
Old 10-20-2016, 03:36 AM   #5

Quote:

ScottBrownstein your receiver is up front. When you watch sat tv you hook to the reciver and run a coax to the switch. When you watch cable you unhook from the sat receiver and hook directly to switch. Have I got that correct?
No, not that complicated. Since I have a roof mounted dish, there is a pre-wired dedicated coax from the roof to the sat receiver, the output of the sat receiver goes to the sat input on the switch. All I do is switch between sat, cable and antenna on the switchbox and all of my tvs follow along since the output of the switch goes directly to a 3 to 1 splitter and then to all the tvs.

If you are using a portable dish on a tripod, connected to the park cable input on your RV, then you would have to move the cable that connects to the switch box terminal marked cable to the receiver and put a cable to the sat in connection on the switch. You would have to move it back the the cable input if you want to use park cable again. However, if you insert a diplexer as others have discussed, you can wire this permanently and use either the dish or the park cable without moving anything.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 06:32 AM   #6
JBP

All of you thanks a lot I think that I finally understand it.
ScottBrownstein
I guess I can get the diplexer at Best Buy. I have the mounting plat for my dish I may mount it before we start our longer trips in the spring.
Blue ox and Brake buddy
Old 10-20-2016, 06:37 AM   #7

Quote:

What I did was run a dedicated line from the outside, up through the floor where other wires already came through the floor. This connection connects my dish on a tripod to the receiver. I connected the output to a RF modulator and a DVD player also to the modulator. I cut the coax feeding the rear tv and installed a splitter. The input of the splitter comes from an amplifier fed from the modulator. One output of the splitter feeds the rear tv. The other output of the splitter feeds the other end of the of the cable I just cut. This will feed signal back to the front. From there, I adjusted the coax connections at the front splitter to feed the remaining two tv's.

Since I have a dual tuner receiver and the DVD player fed through the modulator I can watch two different channels or the DVD on each tv by changing the channel on each television. Now I do not have to deal with the manual selector switch. I did leave the OTA antenna out of the equation. If I wanted to have that connected, I would have to use the selector switch.

It sounds more complicated then it really is, as long as you are capable of installing new ends on the cut cables. It is also helpful to have a coax explorer from Klien Tools and map out the original configuration.

Now, the reason I did it this way is because with the front bunk deployed, I would be unable to keep the receiver in an overhead compartment. Also, I would not have easy access to the manual switch. So I removed the doors of the center cabinet in the bedroom and built some shelves to place the receiver.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:07 AM   #8
JBP

Tkarper where did the other wires come through the floor? Did you run power from the washer dryer closet?
Blue ox and Brake buddy
Old 10-26-2016, 07:25 AM   #9

Quote:
Tkarper where did the other wires come through the floor? Did you run power from the washer dryer closet?
I ran power from behind the tv. There is an access panel screwed to the wall in the right side closet. You will then see a standard wall outlet in there. I drilled an inch and half hole. Don't drill to close to the corner because there is a wooden frame that you don't want to damage. I then inserted a grommet from Lowes and plugged in a power strip with a long cord.

Remove the bottom row of drawers. If you never did this, there are plastic tabs on the side rails. Move them in opposite directions. Once you figure out which is the right direction, they will pull right out. You will see a large bundle of wires going through the floor. Take a long phillips screwdriver and bore a hole through the silicone. Fish the cable (without the connector installed) through the hole. Run the cable over to the generator compartment. You will find some openings along the top of the frame that the cable will fit through. When you get to the black tank compartment, I removed the cover. Four or six screws holds it in place. The flush connection will unscrew also. It takes some wiggling, but the cover will come out. I drilled holes in the plastic compartment on both sides. Stay at least an inch from the corners because of the metal frame. That will get you to the outside of the rear compartment and you can then decide where and how you want it to come through. Go back with some silicone caulking and reseal through the floor and apply around the cable where it went through any openings to prevent damage.

If you PM me your email address, next week, i would be happy to email you the before and after schematics that I created.

Tags
door, satellite