Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2016, 12:02 PM   #1

seat material

HAve any of you experienced this seat material (Faux leather) coming apart reference my pic? if so what can be done of corse 2014 335ds is out of warranty but if this seat would have been made out of vinyl it would have lasted for years , is Forrest River doing anything about it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3449.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	120398  
siskom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 04:06 PM   #2

My GT is a 2012 (out of warranty) and has the furniture issue like so many of our units. I contacted Williamsburg Furniture (Karlie) and she knows about the issue and gave me the email address for the FR contact on this issue. I contacted FR and they have ordered new furniture covers (2 captains chairs and sofa bed) and should ship to me in about 3 weeks. There is no charges involved. I had to furnish VIN# and photos to FR. So, it appears FR is standing behind their product with an unpublished recall, sort of.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 07:41 PM   #3

Seats

Thanks bubbles do you have the email address i contacted travis bird who was helping me last year but no response.
siskom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 08:07 PM   #4

My email went to: "bknight@forestriverinc.com". It was forwarded to someone that handles my area in TX and she emailed me with the particulars and all correspondence has been with her since. This all just took place this past week. This is what my email said: "I have (original owner) a 2012 Georgetown 378TS, VIN - (my vin here) that both captains chairs and couch outer material has started to flake off. The captains chair beading actually started in 2013 but the other items have just now started this year. I have contacted Karlie at Williamsburg Furniture and she directed me to yourself and a Mr. Kevin Straton due to an ongoing furniture issue in these units. Please advise what my options are for this obvious manufacturing defect".
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:04 PM   #5

Boy mine are terrible also. I have a 2013 Georgetown XL 378 TS I will be contacting FR soon.
SCUBA Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:41 AM   #6

Thanks to bubbles for your research of this situation. I have also made contact with Bryan Knight at Forest River. He has been most helpful with his speedy reply. They needed our vin #, photos of the problem, as well as photos of the tags on the furniture. I could not locate the tag on my recliner w/foot stool. They have agreed to replace the covers at no charge (even though I was way out of warranty) and me to cover any labor cost to replace covers.

I plan to replace the covers myself as it does not seem to difficult with all the zippers that are used. Has anyone tried this yet? Did you have instructions?

Thanks again bubbles!

Harvey Hoots
2013 Georgetown XL 378TS
Old 09-23-2016, 10:54 AM   #7

Thanks for the heads up! I just sent in my request. Where are the tags located? My unit is at an off-site storage and need to go get all the info. Appreciate the help!
edmonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 11:16 AM   #8

I put a request into Williamsburg for instructions. Will share if I get them.
360true is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmonh View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I just sent in my request. Where are the tags located? My unit is at an off-site storage and need to go get all the info. Appreciate the help!

Hi Edmon
Bryan Knight at FR requested photos of each piece of furniture showing the material failure as well as photos of the tags on the furniture. I located the tags on the sleeper sofa cushions along the zipper, the captain chairs tags were located along the bottom edge of the skirt on each chair. I could not locate any tags on the recliner w/foot stool, but Mr Knight said that was ok being he had several photos. NOTE: I sent photos of both sides of the tags as some had hand written numbers on them (maybe inspectors number). Mr Knight also requested a shipping address as well.

After he received everything he responded the next day to let me know he had received everything he needed. He had placed an order for all new covers be shipped with instructions from his parts department.

This all transpired within three days. I now am waiting to see how long before I receive them...

I know that many trash dealers and manufactures on their service. However, I have been most impressed (on several issues) with Forest River and my dealer (Johns RV in Lexington SC) for their quick response to my request... As Mama always said " you get more flies with honey than vinegar" and is so true!

I hope this helps all with this same issue!!

Happy RVing,
SCUBA GUY, Harvey Hoots
Old 09-23-2016, 12:40 PM   #10

Scuba Guy! Thank you for the detailed information. I really appreciate it!
edmonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:08 PM   #11

After reading this post, I email FR reference my seats. My MH is 21/2 year old (out of warranty) and I didn't like the way the seats looked after only 2 1/2 years. They asked for pictures and they will be sending me new seat covers. My question is anybody replaced them? Hard to do or would I be better of hiring an expert?

Denis, Forest river Georgetown XL 377 2015, towing a 2014 Ford Explorer XL
tilap is offline   Reply With Quote