Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2018, 08:37 AM   #1

Shower faucet in a 2007 georgetown SE

I need to change a leaky shower faucet and ther is only a 4 inch cilcle to get to faucet. How do i get changed.
cdbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 12:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdbobby View Post
I need to change a leaky shower faucet and ther is only a 4 inch cilcle to get to faucet. How do i get changed.

Pretty easy really, Turn off the water, drain the lines as much as possible. Remove the cover, reach up to the hand turn nuts on the back of each water line, remove them. Mine also had a couple of hand turn nuts to hold the faucet in place. Loosen them, remove the faucet. I put some silicone sealant under the black plastic trim ring on the new faucet. Put it in place, installed the lock nuts, waterlines, etc. Turn on the water and enjoy. It’s a little tight through the 4 in hole and I scratched the dickens out of myself on the rough fiberglass on the backside of the shower wall but all and all it went easy and about 15 to 20 minutes, less without silicon, spent a while cleaning up the mess I made. The lock nuts and waterline should only be hand tight.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 02:16 PM   #3

I'll try but the hole is small and the water lines and lock nuts are real tight. Thanks!
cdbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:19 PM   #4

Shower Faucet

Have an 08 Georgetown SE. I changed out the shower faucet just recently. I found it impossible for my hands to fit in the 4 inch hole that was below the faucet. I did not like the idea of working in the blind on fittings I could not see. I installed a 6 inch access hole and cover over top of the shower faucet. A little more work but was able to see all the connections and get my hand in to tighten all fittings. It seems RV walls are put up after the water lines. I felt a lot more confident that all fittings were snug and leak free before I installed the new 6 inch cover...Bob
margesdiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:28 PM   #5

I tried to do repair through the hole, with my big hands and unable to get inside, I unscrewed the cover, removed the six screws, removed the flange, that made the hole bigger for better access. When I put it back together I used white silicone , on the back of the flange , and behind all the screws inside the opening to make sure no leaks. Use water base for easy cleanup in shower.
good luck, you have to do it all by braille ...lol
David

Tags
faucet, georgetown, show, shower