Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2020, 04:13 PM   #1

Sink settling

I have an 08 Georgetown XL and the sink is falling down.
I’ve done a temp fix but I’m not satisfied with it.
Particle board is old an won’t hold screws.
Can anyone give me some ideas for a permanent fix.

Not much room to work under there either.

Thanks for your input.
Pkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:09 AM   #2

You might try moving the under sink mounts to different locations around the sink.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:30 AM   #3

Thanks Seadog
I’ll stick my head under it and see if I can.

If I was 5’ and weighed 125 lbs it would be a lot easier to work under there.

I don’t want to pull it out and reinstall if I don’t have to but will if necessary.

Happy traveling!!!
Old 09-16-2020, 08:30 AM   #4

Mine did the same thing, I had to remove it completely, clean up the old silicone,made up some different clamps, and with new silicone, lift the sink back in place holding it up with bungees to the cabinets above, now clamp it back in after silicone is set and replace the drain traps
Carmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 02:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel View Post
Mine did the same thing, I had to remove it completely, clean up the old silicone,made up some different clamps, and with new silicone, lift the sink back in place holding it up with bungees to the cabinets above, now clamp it back in after silicone is set and replace the drain traps

Thanks-I was afraid that would be the only permanent fix.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:57 PM   #6
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkowski View Post
Thanks-I was afraid that would be the only permanent fix.
I'm going to proactively add some metal straps on the bottom or double the number of under-sink clamps. The factory re-did each sink for this problem in less than a year but the same way that failed originally.

Ray
Old 09-17-2020, 03:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
I'm going to proactively add some metal straps on the bottom or double the number of under-sink clamps. The factory re-did each sink for this problem in less than a year but the same way that failed originally.

Ray

I like that idea. Thanks for sharing it.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:10 AM   #8

I noticed my top drawer was dragging on the drain, and then noticed the double sink was sagging, which was the cause.

Last week I added/jammed a 1x2 vertically under the sink bowl adjacent to the drawer slides, and screwed it to the trim cross member to keep it from moving. Then I added a 2nd 1x2 vertically under the faucet portion of the double sink and secured it with a 1x2 going between a couple of trim pieces. Those moved the sink back up 1/4", which was enough to stop the drawer from dragging on the drain line.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:29 AM   #9

Thanks. I really like your solution. I think it will last the life of the unit.
Old 09-28-2020, 12:14 PM   #10
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanW350TS View Post
I noticed my top drawer was dragging on the drain, and then noticed the double sink was sagging, which was the cause.

Last week I added/jammed a 1x2 vertically under the sink bowl adjacent to the drawer slides, and screwed it to the trim cross member to keep it from moving. Then I added a 2nd 1x2 vertically under the faucet portion of the double sink and secured it with a 1x2 going between a couple of trim pieces. Those moved the sink back up 1/4", which was enough to stop the drawer from dragging on the drain line.
We started noticing water on the shelf beneath the kitchen sink after about five months of ownership. The sink had dropped down just enough to break the adhesive and water sitting on the top lip ran over and then dripped down.

I could slip a paper towel in the top and see if beneath in a few places. So I used paper towels to blot up the standing water in the gap (there was a lot) and then applied a sealer/adhesive as a temporary repair.

When it was back at the factory I requested they add some type of bracing and they just installed it again like it was. I also had one bathroom sink partially break the adhesive as well so I'm going to add some kind of bracing to all three of them.

We also no longer keep the kitchen sink cover inserts in place when driving, or unless we really need the flat space. The chassis bouncing while driving plus the weight of those inserts cannot do anything but hurt the factory sink attachment method.

Ray

Tags
sink