Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2021, 11:16 AM   #1

Slide Lubrication information for 378

Is there anyone out there with a 378 who has lubricated the slide mechanism that can share any information on lubrication points, acceptable lube etc. The only slide info in the general mh manual is how to manualy retract the "Room Lippert System " . From that all I can assume is that it's Lippert and it's hydraulic .
Where we are it's the dead of winter now but cleaning and lubricating them is one of the things I want to do in the spring
Nomore9-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 11:24 AM   #2

We have a 2013 378 and the only thing I lubricate are the rubber seals around the slide out. Nothing else. I have sprayed silicone on the hydraulic cylinders seals because one is always dry and makes an awful sound when they are used. We bought our coach new.
Old 02-12-2021, 04:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapperman View Post
We have a 2013 378 and the only thing I lubricate are the rubber seals around the slide out. Nothing else. I have sprayed silicone on the hydraulic cylinders seals because one is always dry and makes an awful sound when they are used. We bought our coach new.

Our's is a 2012 and so far that's all I've done as well. Just thought it may be time to see if the rollers( if there are any) and any other moving parts involved might do well to get a cleaning and some lubricant of some kind . My reason for post
Old 02-12-2021, 04:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomore9-5 View Post
Our's is a 2012 and so far that's all I've done as well. Just thought it may be time to see if the rollers( if there are any) and any other moving parts involved might do well to get a cleaning and some lubricant of some kind . My reason for post

Was hoping might see something from Iggy who seems to be a maintenance guru as well having some experience with the same unit . Not that I don't appreciate input so far
Old 02-12-2021, 05:52 PM   #5

About the rollers. I had the issue of the underside wearing through the bottom part of the slide out. Dealer installed rollers. The rollers then lifted the slide out too high when retracted. A year later I took it to a Frog rally and while there FR took the rollers off and adjusted the slide back to where it was suppose to be and now it works great. This was 4 years ago.
I will say with all honesty FR has stood behind their product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomore9-5 View Post
Old 02-12-2021, 07:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapperman View Post
About the rollers. I had the issue of the underside wearing through the bottom part of the slide out. Dealer installed rollers. The rollers then lifted the slide out too high when retracted. A year later I took it to a Frog rally and while there FR took the rollers off and adjusted the slide back to where it was suppose to be and now it works great. This was 4 years ago.
I will say with all honesty FR has stood behind their product.

We had friends who worked on another issue directly with FR . They came away with the same opinion. Seems the further you get from the folks in Elkhart the more likely ( with possibly the odd exception) you'll run into situations with FR dealers that leave you with a totally opposite experience.

Tags
cat, slide