Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2018, 12:56 PM   #1

Slide making noise on road

I'm new to owning an RV and I have a 2017 351ds bought brand new I'm first owner. On last trip coming home other day it sounded like my drivers side front dinette/couch slide is making noise while driving. It goes in and out with no issues or strange noise but driving I hear a clunk when stopping or accelerating. I dont think it's anything in the cabinets below making noise as all the same stuff is there that been there from beginning. Also when retracted the same slide has a gap at the bottom where it meets the body of the RV that's about a finger width gap. Is that normal? Is there adjustments for the slide? I have a cable slide system.
KEliasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:13 AM   #2

My Coachmen Pursuit 31SB Class A kitchen slide also noisy

I am experiencing similar problems. Our 2017 Pursuit was new last March, and we've spent the last year picking away at the many sources of noise while driving it. We've managed to ID and eliminate most of them, but there is still a loud bang that occurs whenever we accelerate and decelerate. I took a fellow RV friend for a ride and he figured out what was happening. The entire kitchen slide is shifting slightly fore and aft. He suspected the slide was shifting, so he put his fingers in a gap between the side of the refrigerator (stationary) and the top of the kitchen counter surface (part of the slide). He said that he can feel that gap decrease about 1/4 to 3/8" on acceleration, and the gap increasing the same amount on deceleration. There is no doubt that there is a slight shift fore and aft, and it produces a very loud and irritating bang. If this were to be eliminated, our RV would be a pleasure to drive.

I realize I can't offer much for your original problem, but I hope you don't mind if I piggy-back on your problem, because they may be related.

The big question is this - is this slide supposed to be restrained from fore/aft movement or is something amiss here? I'm hoping to get a little clarification before I take this to my local dealer. Thank you to whomever can offer some insight.

Tags
noise, slide