Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2010, 06:17 PM   #1

Slide-out gap on bottom of slide out

I just picked up my 2011 Georgetown 350 last Thursday. Had ordered a 2010 but got the 2011 chassis, which was nice. Anyway, the slide-out that contains the bunkbed and wardrobe has a sizeable gap at the bottom when the slide is in all the way. For example, if you are outside of the motorhome and squat down and look up as if looking at the underside of the slide out, it sits out about 3/4 of an inch at the bottom yet is sealed tight on the 2 sides and at the top. Is this normal? Forest River warranty person said that if it doesn't leak, he would recommend not doing anything and said that most slide outs have some amount of gap at the bottom on the outside of the motorhome.

Anyone else ever noticed this? Any issue or should I take the rep's advice and not worry about it.
blightle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:42 PM   #2

It seems to be normal.

There is a lengthy thread on the issue from just last week here.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:05 PM   #3

Thanks. The pictures in that thread look similar to mine so I guess I am in good company.

I am new to this forum (very useful information in here) Would have posted a picture of the gap on my 350 but not sure how to do that. Clicked the icon to attach and it wanted a url for where the picture is located. Will have to figure that one out. Thanks again for sending me to the thread - I had not seen that discussion before.
blightle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blightle View Post
Thanks. The pictures in that thread look similar to mine so I guess I am in good company.

I am new to this forum (very useful information in here) Would have posted a picture of the gap on my 350 but not sure how to do that. Clicked the icon to attach and it wanted a url for where the picture is located. Will have to figure that one out. Thanks again for sending me to the thread - I had not seen that discussion before.
To post a picture, if you scroll down to the next section below the message input window when you are typing your message, you will see a section titled "Additional Options" In that section you will see a button you can click that says "Manage Attachments" from that you can upload your photos right from your computer and they will be posted in your response in the order uploaded. Make sure you downsize the photos to 800x60 or less before you upload them to keep the size down.

You can go to the "testing" section to try it if you like.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:54 PM   #5

Unless it drives you crazy or leaks, I wouldn't worry about it. But, you spent a lot of money so you deserve to be satisfied, but you or your dealer may cause more problems than you have now trying to fix it.

That being said, It would drive ME crazy and I would mess with it to the point NWjeeper couldn't fix it
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote