Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2012, 12:07 PM   #1

Slide out issue

Every time I go to put my slides out I blow a 15 amp fuse. Even when I'm plugged into shore power or when the generator is running, any clues what might be causing this?? fuse is located in the box under the the steps.
armye7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by armye7 View Post
Every time I go to put my slides out I blow a 15 amp fuse. Even when I'm plugged into shore power or when the generator is running, any clues what might be causing this?? fuse is located in the box under the the steps.
It sould like the hydralic pump is exceeding its amps.
1. The pump motor windings are failing and will need to be replaced
or
2. Some restriction in the hyrdralic line is making the pump work harder with max psi and the pump motor is over heating and blowing the fuse.
I have heard others mention about garbage/rubber debri in the lines from hydralic piston seals or something.

Either way time to have the dealer check things out.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #3

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing. Going to the dealer on Tuesday to be looked at.
armye7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
It sould like the hydralic pump is exceeding its amps.
1. The pump motor windings are failing and will need to be replaced
or
2. Some restriction in the hyrdralic line is making the pump work harder with max psi and the pump motor is over heating and blowing the fuse.
I have heard others mention about garbage/rubber debri in the lines from hydralic piston seals or something.

Either way time to have the dealer check things out.
The 15-A fuse has nothing to do with the hydraulic motor. What does the panel say that the fuse does?? The hydraulics are protected by a 100-A resettable (once or twice) breaker.
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #5

Slide 15 amp power supply fuse

Fred is correct, the motor is driven via a 100 maybe 120 amp battery power supply (coach batteries) A a much smaller lead (white) at the motor supply terminal for power in the control circuits. Here is where the mystery begins. in the loom from the leveling panel combined with the slide room controls, there lies within a small printed circuit board. This measures maybe 1.5" x 3" and a number of components control the pump motor by room switches and four jack orders. This shows somewhat on LCI1.com book under Electronic leveling plus. Theres a very good picture of the wire loom coming from above and forward where the electronics are located. Its probably 18 inches long but is critical to the system ops. Anyway they show a lead of about 15 amps coming from the fwd loom, this may be your power supply. Can you recall the Fuse # and most important is it in the forward Chassis section or the rear Coach fuses? I'm assuming your opening the SDC battery control panel?
My experience is spelled out in Hydrauic Horrows a few weeks back. Not fixed yet (10 days in shop, I took it out). I enclose a pic of the reversing valve. Use this when another fault in the CB happens. A diode can short all all devices will default to "extend"! By removing the connector the devices will retract on order. It powers a shifting control valve to reverse hyd fluid flow. Anyway the motor is prob ok, good move to go to dealer, you'll get stuck somewhere with jacks down and slides out! I did not open the loom for access to the CB it will void the warranty they tell me.

The two lead connector is in middle of photo, rear side of rig just outboard of the fluid tank. White and black wires with ty-rap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Conn.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	14424  
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #6

My dealer advised moving only one slide at a time. Stated a customer came in complaining of fuse blowing when "slides" were moved, and he had been running two or more at once. Problem stopped when running individual only. Just asking... Mike
Salty Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
My dealer advised moving only one slide at a time. Stated a customer came in complaining of fuse blowing when "slides" were moved, and he had been running two or more at once. Problem stopped when running individual only. Just asking... Mike

OMG I never take out more than one at a time.
Glad it was a simple solution.
Have a great day.
Iggy
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote