Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2024, 05:17 PM   #1

Slide sagging

My 2018 GT5 main slide rests on the floor when closed, sagging some from original . Has anyone used a plastic ski or other method to use as a buffer to protect the floor when moving the slide in or out? The slide goes out ok but rubs floor when in and vehicle is driving.
jt232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 06:37 PM   #2
NXR

When the slide is out take a look at the bottom of the slide to see if the rollers have cut into the bottom of the slide.

Ray
Old 03-02-2024, 10:15 AM   #3

Thank you for your response. I have already added 1/8 in stainless runners between the rollers and bottom because of what you were referring to. The problem is that the portion of the slide out where the dinette is sags and rests on the floor when closed. I looked at youtube and some used plastic slides to place under the edges . Just seeing if anyone has done this and had it work.
Old 03-02-2024, 12:42 PM   #4
NXR

Our slides seem to have a 2x4 fastened to the bottom of the inside edge of the slide with carpet wrapped around the 2x4 that the slide runs on. There's one at the inside edge of the dinette and another at the recliners on the same slide.

I hope to sell this thing before the carpet pieces wear out.

Ray
Old 03-08-2024, 12:00 PM   #5

Smile Sleds

In looking for a solution to my slide problem I ran across this product which so far has worked great. It is called Slide out Sleds. Unlike the ones that attach to the bottom of some slides these are placed on the floor between the bottom of the slide and the floor when the slide is extended. As the slide closes it rides on the sled keeping it well clear of the floor surface. When slide is open you store the sleds out of the way. So far so good.
Old 03-08-2024, 10:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt232 View Post
My 2018 GT5 main slide rests on the floor when closed, sagging some from original . Has anyone used a plastic ski or other method to use as a buffer to protect the floor when moving the slide in or out? The slide goes out ok but rubs floor when in and vehicle is driving.
I am confused. I have cable slides. My slide is supported by eight cables. Four pulling out & four pulling in.

They are balanced so that the slide does not touch the floor when it comes in. In fact, I leave a rug on the floor that the slide does not touch when it comes in. It floats over it.

Are your cables tight?

See my thread:
Stuck in my Driveway with a dead living room slide motor
I had a loose electrical wire, But I did learn how to adjust the cables. see videos below:

Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM   #7

Thanks for the reply. My slide uses the slim wall motor and gear system which I think is not strong enough for the size and weight of the slide. So far the plastic sleds work but I would like to be able to adjust the slide closing.
Old 03-09-2024, 12:37 PM   #8
NXR

The SlimRack can easily run a full wall slide, unlike a Schwintek mechanism. Your problem is that the slide is dragging on the floor and the question is why.

Tags
slide