Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2018, 03:52 PM   #1

Slide topper brand

Does anyone know offhand what brand my slide topper is??Could be A&E, Carefree or Lippert.. I need to install anti billow devices and am not sure which ones to order. I am thinking it is A&E but RV doesn't live here so I will have to check next time I go to it..Just left it a few hours ago Just returned from an air show at Cannon AFB ,Clovis N.M.. Thunderbirds are excellent.Thanks for all!!Please don't call me an idiot for asking,I am very sensitive!

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 10:11 AM   #2
RJJ

Tbonz, my 2015 has Lippert slide topper, thus no anti billow device. Getting ready to replace the fabric for the second time due to unfurling. Will be putting on an anti billow device this time or changing out the slide topper to an A&E.
RJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 12:03 PM   #3

anti billow

According to Lippert , no anti billowing is needed because of design.. I have news for them !! They say the tightness of the spring stops this. Needs 14 revolutions to be right.. I wonder if A&E anti billow will work?!

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Old 06-02-2018, 06:30 PM   #4

Slide topper

i put a piece of Gorilla tape on top and bottom of the front edge of the topper. It is really snug now,no flap.. Hoping this will discourage it from billowing.

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Old 06-03-2018, 10:19 AM   #5
RJJ

I hope this works for you. I'm dragging my feet on replacing. I use my MH more from Oct-Apr so I'll be watching the threads. If you hit any strong winds and this fix works I'd appreciate if you'd report back. Sounds like the easiest fix.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:19 AM   #6
RJJ

I bit the bullet and had a care free slide topper put on that has an anti billow device. Won’t know how well it works until I head west this winter. My last MH had the anti billow and I never had an issue in 11 years and 130,000 miles. This one has ruined the fabric twice in a little over 3 years. Hopefully no more.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:06 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbonz View Post
Does anyone know offhand what brand my slide topper is??Could be A&E, Carefree or Lippert.. I need to install anti billow devices and am not sure which ones to order. I am thinking it is A&E but RV doesn't live here so I will have to check next time I go to it..Just left it a few hours ago Just returned from an air show at Cannon AFB ,Clovis N.M.. Thunderbirds are excellent.Thanks for all!!Please don't call me an idiot for asking,I am very sensitive!

I have a 2015 Georgetown 335 and my 2 slide topper are Lippert and I put on the ones Dometic sells.
Thanks
BennyChaney
Benny1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:32 AM   #8
WhoDoMan

I just had to replace mine on our 2014 377xl. Search key word Billows and all the order info was supplied by a fellow poster!
whoDoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 04:48 PM   #9
2018 31L5

My 2018 31L5F has Solera slide topper.....dealer just replaced under warranty because mine billowed going down the road my first trip this spring. I must say it made it from NY to FL and back in the Winter without a problem. Again, no anti-billow device.
bobotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:27 PM   #10

Anyone know what might be on a 2014 Georgetown 270S?
Sandy B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide