Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2019, 11:01 AM   #1

Sofa-sleeper too high

I have a 2018 Georgetown 5 The sofa sleeper sits on the main kitchen living room slide which put it up about 3-4 inches above floor level. When you sit down your feet don't touch the floor or barely and is very uncomfortable. Obviously this is a terrible design. My original sofa sleeper were badly bent and wouldn't work so Georgetown shipped me another but it hasn't of course solved the height problem. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a solution?
Tncatfanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:53 AM   #2
Bea & Matt

Our work-around was to cut four blocks of wood to needed height and 6-8" long for stability. We covered them with big socks or sewed towels to cover so nothing gets scratched. Place under the bed legs when needed. It has been very stable and levels the bed. We store the blocks inside the front of the couch after the bed has been folded in.

The design was an uncomfortable surprise to us on first trip and disappointing, but figured this out and works well.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:03 PM   #3

When you are sitting on the sofa how do you make that more comfortable? I had figured out how to temporarily level the bed but sitting is another matter
Old 10-08-2019, 10:47 AM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tncatfanforever View Post
When you are sitting on the sofa how do you make that more comfortable? I had figured out how to temporarily level the bed but sitting is another matter
Just looking at your forum name Tncatfanfirever.......

Could you rest your feet ON the cat to make up the difference?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 02:37 PM   #5

Lol. I am a Kentucky Wildcat fan. Can’t stand the other little furry creatures.