Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2017, 03:52 PM   #1

Surge protector

My SURGE GUARD model 35550 has tripped 3 times in the past 24 hours. Twice in the past hour. I have checked power at the pedestal and have 124 volts on both legs. I have had this SURGE GUARD for 6 months and this is the first problem we have had..Will call surge guard in the morning.

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbonz View Post
My SURGE GUARD model 35550 has tripped 3 times in the past 24 hours. Twice in the past hour. I have checked power at the pedestal and have 124 volts on both legs. I have had this SURGE GUARD for 6 months and this is the first problem we have had..Will call surge guard in the morning.
This may not be so much a problem as it is a blessing. If it's working correctly, it is likely finding something wrong either on the power (line) or trailer (load) side of the protector.

Other than voltage and amperage readings, is the LCD display showing any codes or problems once it has tripped?

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:04 PM   #3

I have no LCD display..we had been hooked to the same pedestal for 5 days when this happened..Got no return call from SURGE GUARD. HOWEVER i had another surge protector immediately out of the pedestal and it is showing that protection has been blown. Noone else was having any problems.

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:10 PM   #4

I would have the campground electrician check out whatever is happening. If anyone there has a full energy management system it might let you know what is going on.

The issue may be in your pedestal or trailer.

BuzzWolfAR is offline   Reply With Quote